Retirement?

floetic_justice

How would you feel if (after all this mess is done and over with) Michael retired? Sad? Dissappointed? Cut short? Let me know, I'm curious...

This topic brought to my mind because I was at Aaliyah/TLC boards and they brought up a discussion if they still satisfy you anymore [since they're not able to make music anymore]. I think I'm at a happy medium where if Michael never released another song or album again, I wouldnt feel cut short because I think I'm at the 'satisfaction point'...if that makes any sense. (Excuse the obvious attempt to use big words).

I think this will be interesting to see how people feel :) :popcorn

No fighting please, lol :hitting

Eboni

Originally posted by floetic_justice
How would you feel if (after all this mess is done and over with) Michael retired? Sad? Dissappointed? Cut short? Let me know, I'm curious...

This topic brought to my mind because I was at Aaliyah/TLC boards and they brought up a discussion if they still satisfy you anymore [since they're not able to make music anymore]. I think I'm at a happy medium where if Michael never released another song or album again, I wouldnt feel cut short because I think I'm at the 'satisfaction point'...if that makes any sense. (Excuse the obvious attempt to use big words).

I think this will be interesting to see how people feel :) :popcorn

No fighting please, lol :hitting

Retirement.....hmmmm.....

-Michael is a creative person and he loves what he does...

-Michael doesn't seem like the has-been type....he's always thinking of new ways to....well.....Razzle Dazzle 'em!!! :D

floetic_justice

Michael will never becone a has-been...has-been and Michael dont belong in the same sentence! :laugh

IMO Jay Z retired too early. He has barely been out for 10 full years. Than again he released a lot a lot a lot A LOT of albums...but still, it just seems weird.

A

Anonymous

Michael basically already told us he's not going to stop. Did you see the Geraldo interview? He couldn't ever stop. It doesn't have to be music, but just something.

MJJ_Angel_16

I can't see him doing that.

If he did, i would feel upset but if its best for him, then..well what ever i guess, its upto him!:)

sistahlamb

Michael has siad in interviews these past few years that he may never make another album or tour agian--his main focus career-wise has mostly been film.

No I do not believe that he will completly disapear from the entertainment industry but as far as the music industry goes, I have a feeling he's mostly, if not completly, through with it. But no matter how much sucess he has in film, people will always think of him as the most popular recording artist of all time.

floacist

If retiring from it all is going to make him truly happy than I wish him the best and would be happy with all the wonderful music he left us. I dont think he could ever just disapear because he has too many talents and ambitions, I could imagine him getting into producing movies or starting a major label but I just couldnt see him sitting at home not creating art of some sort.

Cristine87

I see it like this, even if Michael stopped making music, he's done it all. He revolutionized the industry! He has released so much music that I feel I'm satisfied with. I won't lie, I'd be sad if Michael never performed again because he is such a phenomenal talent but what I really want for him is peace! It's like there is always something happening with him, some headlining controversey that draws people to scrutinize & bash him & question his mental stability which just saddens & upsets me because he doesn't deserve it. I would like Michael to live peacefully in Neverland raising his children, creating art & just being happy. I would also love for him to find a special woman in his life to be with romantically because I truly believe everybody needs somebody & he just looks so lonely to me.

privacy

If he retired.. I'd be happy that his children would have a father that's around more with less stress.

I'd be upset that there may not be anymore music from him of course.. I love his music.. but I wouldn't go crazy over it. I'm damn thankful for what he's given me.

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by privacy
If he retired.. I'd be happy that his children would have a father that's around more with less stress.

I'd be upset that there may not be anymore music from him of course.. I love his music.. but I wouldn't go crazy over it. I'm damn thankful for what he's given me.
^^^ I'd feel exactly the same. And if he never sung another song again I'm sure we'd see him out and about quite often. :)

DarkChild

I'm 101% sure he won't retire until hes 99 years old, but if he did...I'd be happy for him. It would take a LOT for him to wanna retire, so retiring would have to make him amazingly happy for him to do it, so...if he's happy, so am I. :D