SONY BMG AXES BLACKS ONLY: Label found to have discriminated in layoffs

TruthSeeker

SONY BMG AXES BLACKS ONLY: Label found to have discriminated in layoffs.

(January 10, 2007)

Sony BMG, which is home to artists like Beyonce and Christina Aguilera, was recently found to have discriminated against its Black employees in its Manhattan office during layoffs in 2004.

The company went through a merger and restructuring in the summer of 2004 and the New York office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) found the company guilty of discrimination against its Black employees. The EEOC found that the six Blacks in its Manhattan office were issued pink slips, but none of their white counterparts. The only black worker that remained was a mail clerk. Of the six Blacks fired, three accepted severance packages and three were asked to leave "involuntarily." None of eight whites and one Asian at the office were given the ax.

This ruling gives former field marketing rep Tamieka Blair, 32, the right to sue Sony BMG, saying she "was the victim of race discrimination."

Blair, who introduced new releases to Long Island music stores, told The New York Post she loved her $31,000-a-year job. She went on to explain that she initially accepted her layoff after a boss told her "it was just a numbers game." But once the workers who were fired compared notes with each other, "we realized it was all the black people," she said.

Sony BMG maintains that it based its layoff decisions on job performance, but the EEOC said the company had "no documented procedure for determining who the best players were," and "lacked performance standards."

Ms. Blair, via lawyer Mitchell Carlinsky, will file suit this week in Brooklyn federal court holding the company accountable.

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur30754.cfm

This brings me to mind of Michael's Demo Speech against Sony! It proves that Micahel was right all along and here is the proof because they were found GUILTY!!!

What pisses me off more is when fans have the audacity to say that there is no conspiracy and Michael was just having a tantrum over the sales of Invincilbe. THat's right theses same "fans" accuse him of playing the "race card"

Now the proof is in the pudding about Sony BMG and now I am awaiting the artist signed to this label of HATE reactions. It's a prime example of how racism is still existant even in the coporate world of the MACHINE!

I could go on and on but I am SO MAD :eek:hnoyoudidnt

This is what makes my :8-26-03respect: for Michael grows deeper because he stood up and called these racist :censored out long time ago and like my English Professor once said, "A genius is never appreciated in their time because they are ahead of their time. They are always shunned because the world is not thinking of the the future; they are only concerned with now."

Michael told about this way before 2004 and what did Murdock's crew do?

They use the likes of Wendy Murphy, Flo the Gossip HO Anthony and Toure among others; who don't represent a third of the black community to voice out on FOX news, VH1, Court TV and other media outlets be it radio or television even the internet to say "oh he is crying racism or this man don't know what he is talking about. "Oh I wouldn't go there oh he is just saying that because the album sucked." - Toure

"Oh if this was the Michael 10 15 20 years ago then people would take him seriously" -Wendy Murphy

He has issues with Sony and his album sales because he is no longer the King Of Pop" - The baldheaded biatch that was former Editor of Vibe Magazine (she's always on VH1 doing commentary now life must be ROUGH as her edges)

"The black community thinks he is a joke" - Toure

I'm sorry you all but I feel vindicated knowing that the TRUTH among their hate and :bs is coming to light!

This I feel should be spreaded amongst you all so you can see the big picture and who really are the jokes and fools. Because what pisses me off is these idiots think they truly are speaking for me and others in the black community. When in all honesty they just made an :censored of themselves!

Man I need to calm down but ooooooooh :eek:hnoyoudidnt

HeavenSent

The EEOC found that the six Blacks in its Manhattan office were issued pink slips, but none of their white counterparts. The only black worker that remained was a mail clerk. Of the six Blacks fired, three accepted severance packages and three were asked to leave "involuntarily." None of eight whites and one Asian at the office were given the ax.
:mellow: :glare:

typical.

thank you for posting the real deal, Truthseeker.

It's become like almost a broken record. I am so irked by those who feel as though Michael cooked up his mistreatment by Sony in hopes that the media would eat it. It wasn't a figment of his imagination and I implore anyone with doubts, to find it within themselves to dig just a little deeper before you dismiss it as some ploy by Michael to get sympathy. Mike doesn't want your sympathy, he wants you to wake up! His Sony speech is under rated and unappreciated and for the most part, it's either ignored or blown off as being a bunch of hot air...But it is so ON POINT.

This latest screw up by Sony is really nothing surprising; I think it'll only be a matter of time before their whole operation implodes. I hope those who sue, sue them dry.

Shannon

Sighs.

This is unacceptable. Why can't people be colorblind? I have yet to understand, nor have I any desire to try understanding how people can justify racism -- it's pure disgusting to judge someone by their color. I'm glad Michael spoke up about it, it's just sad some people brushed it off like a speech of bitter lies.

SpecialJanet25

You know if Toure thinks that black community thinks he's a joke, only because there stupid asses believe in the maniplaute lies from the press. Its really a shame why some did not take what Michael said seriously simply because they could not handle who or what he look like today, which is unfair. TruthSeeker, Toure is a idiot and Reading this article just show you how much racism still exist.

SpecialJanet25

HeavenSent;182839 said:
:mellow: :glare:

typical.

thank you for posting the real deal, Truthseeker.

It's become like almost a broken record. I am so irked by those who feel as though Michael cooked up his mistreatment by Sony in hopes that the media would eat it. It wasn't a figment of his imagination and I implore anyone with doubts, to find it within themselves to dig just a little deeper before you dismiss it as some ploy by Michael to get sympathy. Mike doesn't want your sympathy, he wants you to wake up! His Sony speech is under rated and unappreciated and for the most part, it's either ignored or blown off as being a bunch of hot air...But it is so ON POINT.

This latest screw up by Sony is really nothing surprising; I think it'll only be a matter of time before their whole operation implodes. I hope those who sue, sue them dry.

You know Carla, as a Black woman, you and many other Blacks who still supports Michael wonder why so many their asses unfairly turn their back on him. That's what sad about this society, people who believe in the lies and rumors just can't handle the truth. I'm not surprise either about what's going on with Sony because a lot of these record labels are crooks. Not only do they take advantage of artists. but their taking advantage of the six blacks who they layoff. They will had their day in court with big ass lawsuit.

TruthSeeker

Something Michael has said LONG AGO to really get it going take a look at this

Michael attended Rev. Al Sharpton's National Action Network in Harlem today and in a speech to fans and members of the public, Michael called the Sony Music corporation "racist" and launched a verbal attack on Sony Music as a company that conspires against it's recording artists for profits. Michael stated the recording companies really, really do conspire against the artists - they steal, they cheat, they do everything they can, (Especially) against the black artists." Jackson has teamed up with Sharpton and attorney Johnnie Cochran Jr., in recently forming a coalition to investigate whether artists are being financially exploited by their record labels

Of Tommy Mottola, the Sony Music chief he said, was "mean, he's a racist, and he's very, very, very devilish." He also accused the Sony Music chief of using "the n-word" when speaking about an unidentified black Sony artist. In addition to himself as a victim of the industry, Michael also mentioned several other artists as falling victim, including James Brown, Mariah Carey, and Sammy Davis Jr. "If you fight for me, you're fighting for all black people, dead and alive" Michael said to the crowd.

http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/newsjune-aug02.html

TruthSeeker

Michael called this out long time ago and it pisses me off when fans say why say it now? He has been saying it even at the height of his fame but like most folks they weren't paying attention I mean look how the gears shifted when he brought the Beatles catalouge.

How during the BAD era he went from Amercia's poster boy cash cow to every nasty name in the book and just when he was at the pinnacle of his success they attach his name to a NASTY stigma that won't EVER go away. They choose to attach that and they are trying to make that his legacy though he was PROVEN INNOCENT when he was basically on trial for BOTH 93 and 03 in a jury that was NOT his peers.

Wake up my people WAKE THE HELL UP!