Tape called \'evidence\' of Jackson conspiracy (Aug 11 2004)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Tape called evidence of Jackson conspiracy

Sources say video shows interview with accuser, mom

8/11/04
By DAWN HOBBS

NEWS-PRESS STAFF WRITER

The video that prosecutors in the Michael Jackson child molestation case say is the driving force behind an elaborate conspiracy scheme shows an interview with the entertainer's accuser and the boy's mother, the News-Press learned Tuesday.

Santa Barbara County law enforcement officers seized the videotape of the interview on Nov. 18 from the West Hills home of Mr. Jackson's personal videographer, Hamid Moslehi, sources close to the case said. That was the same day the singer's Neverland Valley Ranch was raided.

The interview has not aired on television but was shown to the grand jury to support the conspiracy charge and is being held with hundreds of other items seized as evidence in the case. Associates of Mr. Jackson say the video was made to improve Mr. Jackson's image and had nothing to do with a conspiracy against the boy and his mother.

The interview is the third video to surface in connection with the Jackson case, in which most of the evidence has been kept secret by court order.

The first, a British documentary broadcast worldwide, showed Mr. Jackson holding hands with the boy who is now accusing him of molestation and saying that he shares his bed with children. Prosecutors allege that Mr. Jackson lured the boy and his family to Neverland in February 2003 and kept them there against their will until they made a video to counter the bad publicity the documentary generated.

It has been widely reported that this "rebuttal video'' was one called "Take Two: The Interview They Wouldn't Show You,'' which was made by Mr. Jackson's musical and business associates at Neverland. But the boy and his mother did not appear in that video, which aired on Fox television on Feb. 20, 2003.

Sources told the News-Press on Tuesday that it is the third videotaped interview, which was made at the direction of Mr. Jackson's previous attorney, Mark Geragos, and his private investigator, Bradley Miller, that prosecutors are using to make their conspiracy case. During the interview, which was taped in part at the ranch and at about the same time as "Take Two,'' the boy and his mother make positive comments about the entertainer, sources said.

At a court hearing two weeks ago, the prosecution described a conspiracy to keep the boy and his family at Mr. Jackson's ranch, hiding them out at hotels and arranging for a trip out of the country, so that they would appear in a video and say nice things about the entertainer.

Mr. Geragos, Mr. Miller and Mr. Moslehi could not be reached for comment Monday. But Ronald Konitzer, a former business associate of Mr. Jackson who hired Mr. Geragos, denied on Tuesday that there was any conspiracy behind the videotaped interview. Mr. Konitzer -- one of five people prosecutors named in their indictment but did not charge -- said the interview was videotaped in case bad publicity about Mr. Jackson surfaced later.

"In all fairness, (Mr. Geragos) was just running through the what-if scenarios," Mr. Konitzer said. "This was one measure he wanted to take so that at least if he (Mr. Jackson) were ridiculed in the media, then they could counter it. . . . As far as I know, this was not to defend him against molestation charges. It was all about media and public relations."

Allegations of molestation did not surface until June 2003, when the boy was in a therapy session with his counselor. Prosecutors allege the first molestation occurred the same day the "Take Two" rebuttal aired and then three more times through March 2003.

Mr. Jackson has pleaded not guilty to all charges. Trial has been set for Jan. 31. The next court hearing is scheduled for Monday.

A gag order prohibits defense lawyers and prosecutors from commenting on the case.

During the months journalist Martin Bashir spent following Mr. Jackson for the British documentary, Mr. Moslehi was also compiling footage, which was then used for the "Take Two" video.

"Take Two" and the videotaped interview with the boy and his mother were created as damage control measures to protect the entertainer's business investments, Mr. Konitzer said. The British documentary, he said, had unleashed a firestorm that threatened the entertainer's livelihood. In response, Mr. Konitzer said he hired a crisis-management team, a public relations firm, more than a dozen music and business lawyers, and Mr. Geragos.

But the prosecution alleges Mr. Konitzer and four others took this action to abduct, falsely imprison and coerce the boy and his family into making the video. The four include Deter Wismar, a former business associate; Vincent Amen, who had worked for Mr. Jackson's production company; Frank Tyson, Mr. Jackson's former personal assistant; and F. Marc Scafell, who assisted in the production of the Fox rebuttal video.

"The Fox rebuttal is totally independent and separate from the other video," Mr. Konitzer said. "It would be ridiculous to say that any of these activities had to do with a conspiracy."

Lawyers for the four other men say their clients never saw the boy and his family being held against their will at Neverland. Mr. Jackson's defense lawyers have said the accusations stem from an unsuccessful attempt to get money from the entertainer for the boy's part in the British documentary.

:nav Source: http://news.newspress.com/topsports/081104jackson.htm

===========================================================
These prosecution bastards are running scared about Aug 16th, so they have to spin!

Tiger Lilly

I'm not sure I understand... This vid shows the boy and his mom praising Michael again, right? So what does that prove? Loadsa people make home videos to say they're staying somewhere and they're having a good time and praise their host. So are all the people who make vids like that being trapped by their host and are made to be the victim or conspiracy and extortion? No! So why is Sneddon using this as evidence? If he wants to prove the family were held hostage - which he can't cos it didn't happen - then doesn't he need something more solid to show they were made to do it to cover "molestation", anything other than the video itself cos that proves nothing! Because like I said plenty of people make vids like that. And we've already been told this was for public relations after LWMJ, which is alot more logical. Doesn't Sneddon need something to show they were forced to do it, instead of showing the fact that they did make a video, which contains the family saying the complete opposite of what they're alleging? That proves nothing except they've lied and changed their story! If anything that helps Michael with them praising him! I don't understand Sneddon's logic in this...

I know we don't know what the family have said on the video but I doubt its bad against Michael cos 1) nothing bad happened in the first place 2) if they were being forced which i highly doubt it still would have been positive. So as I've said about million times in this post :)laugh) doesn't Sneddon need something to "prove" they were "forced" beside the vid? The fact they made the vid doesn't prove they were forced or told what to say.

Another thing that popped into my mind is this Jay Jackson. Isn't he supposed to be the no nonsense type? Where was he while this video was made?

Sorry to waffle... do I made any sense or have I missed something?

Cristine87

I get what you're saying, that's exactly what I was thinking 'cause that makes no sense, it just shows them making a video but it's not showing tham being forced to do it so how the hell is this evidence?

HeavenSent

Sources told the News-Press on Tuesday that it is the third videotaped interview, which was made at the direction of Mr. Jackson's previous attorney, Mark Geragos and his private investigator, Bradley Miller, that prosecutors are using to make their conspiracy case.

Then you know what? Geragos should have been charged with conspiracy...he was the one who directed this damn interview! :pullhairo

Another thing is this tape was obtained from Miller's office which is precisely what has gotten Mr. Sneddon subpeoned to take the stand on the 16th. They want to question why Sneddon was in Miller's office in the first place without a "special master" to oversee him. So whatever the f*ck this is to try and make things more serious is not going to work! What a joke .

t1obaggage

This is a joke. If this is all Sneddon has to "prove" the conspiracy then he is a sad, sad little man. This video is of the accusing family saying good things about Michael. Like someone else pointed out, that proves nothing except that they have changed their story. It doesn't prove in any way that Michael was forcing them to do it, nor does it prove intent, which is key to the conspiracy charge. I'm thinking this video was made before the alleged molestation acts occurred, so why would Michael force people to make good comments about him when he hadn't done anything bad "yet?" If no bad acts had occurred, they wouldn't need forcing now would they, as evidenced by their NUMEROUS previous good statements about Michael.

They want us to believe that the kid said good stuff about Michael in the Bashir documentary, then Michael panicked about the documentary and forced the family to make a video saying good things about him, and then he molested the kid. That's pure bull crap. Just reading back over that makes me go "doh" like Homer Simpson.

And, if the video WAS made before the alleged dates of abuse, what would saying it was evidence of a conspiracy prove? What kind of conspiracy would there be before any crimes had been committed? How stupid. This whole case is ridiculous from top to bottom.

The bottom line is, if this is all Sneddon's got, then he's got one crappy case (which we already know). It comes down to the accusing family's word against all of Michael's people as well as Michael, and the fact that there have been no other accusations AND the accusing family has changed their story many times over while Michael's story has remained constant. If they are trying to drag Geragos into this, why didn't they include him in the indictment? It's very very illegal for a lawyer to participate in a cover-up or conspiracy. I think a full investigation of Sneddon's tactics in this case would uncover more evidence of a conspiracy than he will EVER have against Michael.

A

Anonymous

So the part where it says that the molestation happened the day that 'Take 2' is that true?

If so, that means that Michael started the 'cover up' and conspiracy BEFORE the molestation even happened. So that means he did all this beforehand JUST so he could molest that boy? And if the positive video came before the molestation, how could they have been forced to say nice things about Michael on tape? They obviously would have done it willingly.

I hope they show clips of Take 2 in court, I recall Jamie Mesada on that special saying that the family was in hiding because people were trying to get them to talk to the tabliods, and because Gav!n was being harrased by people. But in hiding where? Was this after the grand escape from Neverland? I don't think so, if Mesada knew about what they were going through...I doubt he would have showed up on a special that was supposed to help Michael.

But now he's changed his story..If Mesada knew that information then, that means he was talking to the family and not once did they tell him that they were being treated badly by Michael's camp.

The prosecution can't grasp the concept of covering up bad publicity can they? That was Michael's whole agenda after LWMJ. With the showing of Take 2, and Private Home Videos. That was the whole point. The taped interview witht family was for the same thing, but I guess they never used it. But now that has been twisted into a conspiracy?

And when did Ed Bradley say he went to Neverland to talk to Michael? Was this after Take 2? I think he said Michael wasn't there, and the family was praising him to bits..not being forced. So.. :2thinking

This will NOT last in trial..just wait until they get them on the stand. They will screw up so badly, I don't care how much they rehearse.

TLR115

OK, I'm confused. So did the prosecution really charge MJ with molesting G after the alleged kidnapping, and conspiracy thing happened?! This can't be true because that would make absolutely know sense at all.
Does anyone know what the timeline is supposed to be according to the prosecution? Because if it's as ****ed up as what I've been hearing so far, they don't stand a chance.

Maybe the prosecution is using this tape as evidence because they kno that the defense would use it if the case ever went to trial. I mean even though it wa seized by the police there has to be a copy and the denfense would use it as evidence against them. So maybe this is a way to explaine the tape before the defense could use it. But even then the couldn't come up with something more beleiable than conspiricy?

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by TLR115
OK, I'm confused. So did the prosecution really charge MJ with molesting G after the alleged kidnapping, and conspiracy thing happened?! This can't be true because that would make absolutely know sense at all.
Does anyone know what the timeline is supposed to be according to the prosecution? Because if it's as ****ed up as what I've been hearing so far, they don't stand a chance.

Maybe the prosecution is using this tape as evidence because they kno that the defense would use it if the case ever went to trial. I mean even though it wa seized by the police there has to be a copy and the denfense would use it as evidence against them. So maybe this is a way to explaine the tape before the defense could use it. But even then the couldn't come up with something more beleiable than conspiricy?
Yep. That's what they're saying. They're saying the alleged "abuse" (yeah right) happened AFTER the alleged "conspiracy". It's totally ridiculous.

Tiger Lilly

Why the hell would anyone start a "cover-up" before they'd commited the alleged crime? I can't believe this "case" is still carrying on...

LuckyStar

Yep. That's what they're saying. They're saying the alleged "abuse" (yeah right) happened AFTER the alleged "conspiracy".

:crackingu

They are so crewed!

I bet Sneddon is getting nervous...

liberiangirl58

I can't belive that this case has even got as far as it has, it's totally ridiculous. The more I read about it the more I am flabberghasted that the DA has been permitted to waste goodness knows how much taxpayers money on this - words fail me, really. I mean, why aren't "they" out there prosecuting real criminals?!? When you think of all the genuine cases of abuse and molestation that, sadly, are almost certainly out there, it makes you want to cry to think that they are messing around with the life of a good man who never did anything like that....argh....the world is mad, totally mad. How Michael keeps smiling through all this garbage is a miracle.

Elaine

MJsToy

The case is demolishing, and Sneddon is crying to his momma! :sneddonsleepfans he can't even find ne "evidence"