Thank You MJEOL Staff & Members

dancemonster

I know I haven't posted much here in the past but I've read MJEOL for years. I just wanted to take a sec to thank the staff here for their tireless dedication in not only reporting MJ news but also calling out the hypocritical reporters where they find them.

In the middle of this complete and awful devastation I want to say... THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. You were/are tireless and you've lasted even when other sites faded away.

Michael lives. No matter that he doesn't reside in that body anymore... Michael lives. :michaeljacksonicon:

Take care everyone. And thanks again.

HeavenSent

I agree and co-sign with complete sincerity. MJEOL has really been a saving grace.

All the moderators and whisper, you guys deserve a lot of credit. Whisper, you have been a stellar captain of this ship, I hope you can continue with the crusade.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you very, very much. That's all I can bring myself to say at the moment as I'm feeling a mix of emotions. This $hit is like a heinous dream. But it's good that we're all here together.

dancemonster

Funny thing about that heinous dream: I don't want to share it with anyone. I have a thousand well-wishers, texts, phone messages--as I'm sure you all do--from people who knew my love for the man and his art. I simply don't want to talk to any of them.

I kept it together the first day and thought I was creepily fine with this. Then I watched "Larry King" and lost it and haven't been right since. Something about seeing Liza Minnelli, Quincy Jones, and Barry Gordy talking about his greatness and how he changed music & dance. I think not only did my personal icon loss kick in but also the fact that this is the end of an entire era of artistry. He was the last vaudevillian, really, the last total and original showman, and they know it. They know that type of dedication to craft and variety just went extinct.

And while the mega-talented classical song & dance stars of the past few generations sing his praises, the no-talent hangers-on and reporters either try to tear him down on purpose or simply because they want to get to the bottom of his death.

Isn't that telling? The real, timeless artists saw him as not just a peer but someone who took it a step beyond them and wish to celebrate that and the no-talents/non-artists want to see him as a complete tragedy. There's something so very wrong with that. They really don't get it and therefore should not be allowed to do the job of reporting on this. They should hand it over to the artists who do understand that he wasn't a freak, he wasn't weird. He was a living, breathing SHOW inside of a sensitive being.

He was everything you could imagine, everything you could dream of, everything you did, in fact, watch whether you claimed to love him or hate him.

What authentic thing could anyone really say about Michael Jackson except... Wow.

HeavenSent

Very well put, dancemonster. And welcome to MJEOL! I'm Carla, btw so feel free to call me by name. We're family now :D

My undoing came yesterday when I read Kenny Ortega's account of Michael's final days. I'd been managing pretty well up till then but as soon as I'd read that Michael was joyous and enjoying himself, I felt so crazy angry and just so, so sad. Because I knew that he had been in his element and was finally achieving what had alluded him for so many years. It took some sleep and a new understanding to realize that God really wanted it no other way.

It's an up and down process for me. Today I awoke feeling so much better about things and was committed to having a "normal" day (eat, sleep, actually get outside the house)...but then here comes a clip on CNN of a very emotional Teddy Riley, and oops back to square one.

If it hadnt been for this board though, I know I'd be in much worse shape so I am so grateful for MJEOL to be my neutralizer. Welcome again and i do hope to hear more from you!

Shannon

Thank you so much. The words are greatly appreciated, but frankly, Michael deserves such dedication, and so much more. :8-26-03respect: