The magic is gone

Crazy4MiJac

I know that this must have been said a million times, by a million people, but I have to say it again. I have to get it out - I hope that you all don't mind.

Why did Michael have to leave us? I have been okay... I've been okay for so long now, but ever since Christmas I haven't known what to do with myself. The season was empty without him.

Yes, I have my family - and they're in good health, thankfully - I really am blessed, but that doesn't erase the pain I felt on Christmas morning when I woke up and realized, "It's been six months."

There's a tangible difference in the world without Michael. Can you feel it? I have trouble describing what it's like... I'm sure you know what I mean, though. I see his picture and my first reaction is one of happiness - it's Michael, after-all - but then I'm overcome by a sinking feeling that simply won't lighten on my heart.

I feel as though... if there were ever magic in the world, it's gone now.

Crazy4MiJac

I think... I think what is making the realization difficult right now is the time that has passed. Theoretically, I should be healing with time... but, honestly, knowing how much time has passed just makes me feel worse. Have we really been without him for this long? And the world still continues? I almost wish that he were still plastered across every news station, as painful as that was to see... I don't want him to lose significance, for people to forget his impact. I'm afraid that, as time continues, his impact will fade and people will lose reverence (what little they have gained, that is).

Saphster

I can definitely feel the loss trust me. I try so hard to hold it in though. If I let it out I will be a complete mess. I am still angry and bitter that he's not walking among us today. At times I feel like...Well he's no longer suffering and he's in a better place...a place with no name. *sings song*

But, then I become upset, then angry, then sad, upset, angry, sad. It's just not fair how he left so suddenly. It's tough. It really is.

R e a f u

I definitely feel it. It's not necessarily something that you can describe in a few words, but the world does feel different since he left. I would give anything to hear him or read about him, just to see his face on tv...I guess this "feeling different" is part of mourning over a loss.