The MJ Wannabe Thread

HeavenSent

I got this from the KOP board where honestly, I've spent the last 15 minutes laughing my ass off. Before there was Usher, Chris Brown and Justin Timberlake, there were these hot messes:

alfonzojones1982frontsy.jpg

:lol

moses_jackson_2.jpg

okotie_don't_go_back.jpg

9ab9_1.JPG

chrid_mba.jpg

oh hell to the naw :lol

oldschoolfan

Some of them actually look like Michael at first glance, I can imagine someone buying one of these records thinking it's Michael and then realising when they get home that it's some guy called Alfonzo in a waiter tux who obviously couldn't make up his mind as to wether he should rip off OTW and Thriller.

This somehow reminds me of a CD I bought of the J5, it was all their old stuff with songs like Under the Boardwalk. When I listened to it for the first time I was like 'Wow, demo recordings! This is so retro! I love the distant sound of their voices, I can picture them in the studio...'. Then a few months later I finally realised it was actually just an extremely bad quality greatest hits CD that I bought for $5.

HeavenSent

I find it so funny that they were obviously trying to capitalize...FAIL! :lol I wonder if Michael knew about these guys. That Alonzo "Thiller" and the wannabe Off The Wall-like guy had me rolling.

Both were actually artists w/albums...hello youtube!

Juniorlady

ROFL! Oh, lawd, and here I thought it couldn't get any weirder with these wannabes. Doesn't some of these guys looks kinda old? Like in their 40's or something?:lol