The true meaning of Friendship (MJ edition).

jaajayi

I've been watching a lot of Larry King since Michael's death and he had a few of Michael's "friends" appear on the show. Most of these friends alleged that Michael was being enabled, etc (Deepak Chopra and his son, Uri, etc). The one person I am actually proud of and totally deserve my respect is Micko (sp) Brando. The day of Michael's death Micko was on with Deepak and was in complete shock. He was obviously devastated, however, Deepak out of nowhere brings up Michael's "drug addiction" and how Michael was seeking drugs from him...are you serious! The man just died and the first thing you do to commemorate his life is talk about his drug addiction! Then Larry ask Micko if he saw Michael take any drugs and Micko answered passively that he took some medication but nothing dangerous. Now I don't know if Micko was lying or telling the truth but he earned my respect from that day on. To me he defined what true friendship is. True friendship is a bond you have with a person that you can share secrets, show each others flaws knowing and having full confidence that these secrets will go to the grave with you. You will not profit from these secrets and you will not change face. You could tell that he really respects Michael and his is truly devastated. You can tell that he can't stand the Chopras (I don't either) because he doesn't even acknowledge that they are sitting there with him (when they do make an appearance). I bet he feels betrayed by how these folks are saying these things about Michael and the man isn't even buried yet.

What do you folks think?

Saphster

I never saw that segment on Larry King I think...but I am not surprised. Michael always had people stab him in the back. Even people who were once close friends with him have betrayed his trust. Like Uri Geller. He isn't even worth of the title, "Michael's close friend." Some people even said he was once Michael's mentor. Ridiculous!

The only friend I have ever respected is Liz Taylor. The only one! She was there for Michael throughout his life from the moment they first became good friends. She never gave out information from his private life and never left his side when everyone else seemed to disappear. (Like Brooke. She just left. Wtf?)

oldschoolfan

Please explain to me this Brooke situation, I dont know about her leaving. But Liz, gotta love her. I feel terrible for her. Maybe this is a really horrible thing to think of, but do you think she will last much longer now that Michael's gone? People do die of a broken heart, like Johnny Cash, he died 3 months after his wife did. I feel terrible for saying something like that, but I can imagine she must feel like someone has tore her heart out.

Saphster

oldschoolfan;213209 said:
Please explain to me this Brooke situation, I dont know about her leaving. But Liz, gotta love her. I feel terrible for her. Maybe this is a really horrible thing to think of, but do you think she will last much longer now that Michael's gone? People do die of a broken heart, like Johnny Cash, he died 3 months after his wife did. I feel terrible for saying something like that, but I can imagine she must feel like someone has tore her heart out.

After Michael had announced that he and Brooke were dating it's like they just stopped hanging out all together. I don't know what happened. When he went through the trial in 93', and recently, she just wasn't there! There were so many times where I wondered, "Where's Brooke? What happened?"

I understand if they took separate routes in life, but so did Liz Taylor and Michael but they always kept in touch and remained friends.