They make a big deal out of MJ paying the accuser\'s family in \'93...

MjsBabyMomma

Are fans the only ones that ask the question ,"Well if your son or child were molested, why in the world would MONEY make up for it?"?
All the reporters and media ask "Why did he pay out this boy if he really didn't molest him?"
Well, MJ has reasons for that. He clearly had a career he had to maintain and he has talent so of course he's going to keep on pursuing his career. A trial would immediately have an effect on his reputation even with the strong support of loving fans. It just wouldn't look right and he didn't deserve to have to go through all of that BS like he has here.
So are WE the only ones with some COMMON SENSE in this world? I know if someone molested my child, no amount in this WORLD could make it up! NONE! ABSOLUTELY NONE! Paper doesn't take away molestation...and we all know MJ did nothing but give innocent love to these boys and their families.

Drizzl

Not just fans saying that. I've heard some undecideds say that very thing. It makes no sense to accept money from a child molester. The fact that the family took the money and ran tells you they didn't care about anything else.

SmpsnsFan3

It's not so much that they make a big deal out of the settlement, it's that they won't report the TRUTH.

This is a shocker to most haters, but Michael didn't really pay a single DIME! It was all covered by INSURANCE by neglegence claim.
But of course they don't report that..as far as they're concerned it came out of his pocket

Drizzl

I hope Michael sues the pants off not only Martin Bashit but also Diane Dimond and the rest of those goons for what they have done to him.

maintenant

Originally posted by Drizzl
I hope Michael sues the pants off not only Martin Bashit but also Diane Dimond and the rest of those goons for what they have done to him.

Regarding Bashir, I really can't imagine why anyone else would ever let him interview them...his journalistic career should be absolutely DEAD. Let's see what happens NEXT time he shafts someone like he did Michael.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't even pay. That money was paid by an insurance company.

Memo in Support of Objection to Subpoena for Settlement Documents

Holy $@#!. In recently released court documents, it turns out that Michael Jackson's insurance company negotiated and settled the 1993 civil suit against his wishes.

The following are excerpts from that recently released court document:
Pg3
The settlement agreement was for global claims of negligence and the lawsuit was defended by Mr. Jackson's insurance carrier. The insurance carrier negotiated and paid the settlement, over the protests of Mr. Jackson and his personal legal counsel.

It is general practice for an insurer to be entitled to control settlement negotiations and the insured is precluded from any interference.

…Under the majority of contracts for liability insurance, the absolute control of the defense of the matter is turned over to the insurance company and the insured is excluded from any interference in any negotiation for settlement or other legal proceedings (emphasis added).

…An insurance carrier has the right to settle claims covered by insurance when it decides settlement is expedient and the insured may not interfere with nor prevent such settlements.

Pg2
Because insurance companies were the source of the settlement amounts, and the insurance companies make the payments based on their contractual rights to settle the proceeding without Mr. Jackson's permission, the settlement does not constitute an admission and cannot be used to create such an impermissible inference to the jury.

Pg3
The speculative suggestion that Mr. Jackson somehow made an admission when an insurance company required a settlement, and in fact paid for the settlement, creates an impermissible inference to the jury that would deprive Mr. Jackson of due process of law.

Download court doc:
:nav 1993 Civil Suit Settled by Insurance Co. against Jackson's wishes

[pagebreak]

abbymjgirl

^ Exactly!!:)

Martin Bashir should just drop dead, PERIOD! I mean, he was obvious trying to mae a name for himself!.....he did alright! >>>Evil Martin Bashir!! :D

MjsBabyMomma

WHY is it that people always make a big deal out of the fact that Michael settled out of court for millions in 1993? He had a career to take care of and a trial would immediately damage his whole reputation whether he did it or not. (which we know he didn't) Like he said, he didn't want to have to go through all of that mess and it's a waste of his precious time when he knows he didn't do ANYTHING innapropriate. The question remains...WHY THE HEL* WOULD 20 MILLION MAKE UP FOR YOUR CHILD BEING MOLESTED? How come we don't see them asking those questions? Money makes up for molestations?HEL* NAW! She clearly wanted MJ'S dough and unfortanutely the woman got it. Michael has reasons for paying out of court, she has no reason for asking and accepting money from someone who in her mind was "allegedly" a molestor who innappropriately touched her teenage son! That's like saying..."yeah you can kill my son, but make sure you pay me later, okay?" Ya feel me?!?