This Is Driving Me Crazy!!

I was looking around at different websites today, and I saw this really cute enter sign. But the problem is I don't know how to make it look like this one:

enter.gif

For some reason it looks shiny to me, like it's under glass. If there's anyone else that sees it tell me, so I won't think I'm going blind. :goodtalki

What's that effect called, and how do I do this? I really need to update my domain, I'm just lazy. :pullhairo

lol thanks you guys. I'm still looking at it like ?????, but maybe it's to hard for me to get. It does look like it would be brushes though, lol but lighting effect would make sense. :laugh

rotten_kisses

yeh, they prolly took the image as a grayscale, then used brushes, then used blurring and faded it through a hard light technique and then colourized. that's what it lookies like to meee haha

Tortured Soul

to me it looks like a gradient [red and fuschia] overlayed and softened a bit over a desaturated image. then it looks like the person put in a few brushes [possibly on soft light?] including the tiny graph thingy they put on softlight over the whole image.
theeenn possibly a few lighting tricks on the original layer and lastly the text/border.

Labomba

they have used lights and red lights for this which has been lighten to under 50% and then added some brushes I guess

Originally posted by Tortured Soul
to me it looks like a gradient [red and fuschia] overlayed and softened a bit over a desaturated image. then it looks like the person put in a few brushes [possibly on soft light?] including the tiny graph thingy they put on softlight over the whole image.
theeenn possibly a few lighting tricks on the original layer and lastly the text/border.

:laugh Tortured Soul, you confused the hell out of me. But I'm going to follow that step by step s l o w l y.

Labomba

its easy though you can open up a new layer and paint the background red and then light up so it looks like the picture, be sure to add scan lines so the picture looks more alive