Thriller Dance Party [Oct. 2]

SexyChica

I have been meaning to share some photos of a MJ Tribute I went to in Sarasota, Florida on October 2nd.

It was aptly titled Thriller Dance Party. This dance party was actually scheduled before MJ's untimely passing, but they changed it into a tribute to MJ. It originally was to get people into the arts by using the iconic dance piece from Thriller.

Please forgive the quality of the pics. I was on the second floor of a parking garage for some of the pics. I have video, but I don't know how to post personal video on the site.

mjdancetrib-sarasota-1.jpg

mjdancetrib-sarasota2.jpg

MJfan01'

that's awesome!!! I love that you guys had so much fun. :michaeljacksonicon: They're trying to break the Thriller dance record on the 24th at Six Flags. Thriller will live on forever, Michael will live on forever.

SexyChica

The celebration was great. The speakers were blaring all Michael Jackson. It was nice watching people dance to Michael, talk about him. The little kids dancing to Michael was great. When you see people of all races and economic backgrounds together celebrating Michael it shows his message is still going strong.

Yeah they're doing that Thrill The World event on the 24th at the St. Pete Pier in Florida. I can't go because it's my mother's birthday.

MJfan01'

"Thrill the World," a worldwide attempt to set the Guinness World Record for the largest simultaneous dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” is scheduled to begin on October 24th. According to the "Thrill the World" website, the current world record for world's largest simultaneous dance sequence dates back to 2002, when 197,569 elementary school students did the "Hokey-Pokey" in 681 locations across Canada.

In Tennessee, Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies will host their own version of “Thrill The World,” with former "Thriller" co-star Ola Ray leading the dancers. Ray is best known for her role as Michael Jackson's date--terrorized victim--in the music video "Thriller."

This isn't the first year that "Thrill the World" has attempted to get people dance in unison to "Thriller," however. In 2008, 4,179 people at 72 events in 71 cities in 10 nations participated in “Thrill the World.”

Click here if you're interested in starting your own "Thrill the World" dance event. In addition to learning and performing the dance choreography to "Thriller," many "Thrill the World" events also raise money for charities.

http://www.examiner.com/x-21799-African-American-Entertainment-Examiner~y2009m10d17-Thrill-the-World-a-global-Michael-Jackson-dance-attempt-set-for-October-24th-Video

HeavenSent

Thanks for sharing that with us, Kepola! Looked like a lot of fun-and yeah, you're right. To see people of all races and ages coming together is beautiful. It's exactly what Michael would want.

SexyChica

MJfan01';223072 said:
"Thrill the World," a worldwide attempt to set the Guinness World Record for the largest simultaneous dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” is scheduled to begin on October 24th. According to the "Thrill the World" website, the current world record for world's largest simultaneous dance sequence dates back to 2002, when 197,569 elementary school students did the "Hokey-Pokey" in 681 locations across Canada.

In Tennessee, Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies will host their own version of “Thrill The World,” with former "Thriller" co-star Ola Ray leading the dancers. Ray is best known for her role as Michael Jackson's date--terrorized victim--in the music video "Thriller."

This isn't the first year that "Thrill the World" has attempted to get people dance in unison to "Thriller," however. In 2008, 4,179 people at 72 events in 71 cities in 10 nations participated in “Thrill the World.”

Click here if you're interested in starting your own "Thrill the World" dance event. In addition to learning and performing the dance choreography to "Thriller," many "Thrill the World" events also raise money for charities.

http://www.examiner.com/x-21799-African-American-Entertainment-Examiner~y2009m10d17-Thrill-the-World-a-global-Michael-Jackson-dance-attempt-set-for-October-24th-Video

Thanks for posting more info about the "Thrill The World" event on the 24th. I wish I could be a part of it. The location they're having it where I live is like a 30 min drive. I think they'll break the record.

MJfan01'

SexyChica;223128 said:
Thanks for posting more info about the "Thrill The World" event on the 24th. I wish I could be a part of it. The location they're having it where I live is like a 30 min drive. I think they'll break the record.

Your Welcome, I think they'll break the record! :michaeljacksonicon: