Tito Promoting With Michael\'s Name

Missy

First of all, I'm sorry if this sounds harsh. In all honesty I don't even know if it's worth sharing, but it made me feel let down.

I turned on the TV here in the UK to watch the usual breakfast show and saw that Tito would be on to 'announce a tribute to Michael' that would take place at the Wembly Arena. Of course I was interested so I waited for Tito to come on. He started by talking about how him and the family are coping. He said he has bad days, but smiles when he thinks of Michael. He said the children are fine and having a 'great time' with their cousins. Then it came to the tribute concert... Tito said that it isn't anything to do with Michael. He's doing a collaboration with Gladys Knight and supporting her for a concert she's doing. That's it.

I can't help but feel that if it wasn't for Michael and everything that's happened Tito wouldn't have even been on that show to begin with. The fact that Michael's name was plastered all over the build up to Tito's interview only for it to have nothing to do with Michael or paying a tribute to him infuriates me. I want to believe it was just the TV programme who got their wires crossed, but I'm sceptical... Why does he have to use Michael's name? And why do that now? It's really not the time.

Sorry for the ramble.

MJfan01'

Honestly, they all have been doing that. After the VMAs, Janet released a new song on her website. They are in the entermaintment business and Michael's death gives them publicity. It is not to say that they don't miss their brother but that is just how it is.

oldschoolfan

The only positive way I can try and think of all this is that the more they use him as a promotion, the better he looks as a person. People seem to have become a little more sympathetic to him and are like 'seriously, your brother just died, don't use that to make yourself look good'. It's like people are thinking no wonder he was so lonely. Other than that, it makes me sick.

Ben

I'm not particularly interested in the careers of Janet, LaToya, Tito and Jermaine etc. I like his brothers and sisters and only interested in any interviews where they talk about Michael, but that's it. All the Jackson 5 and The Jacksons music etc is still just Michael Jackson to me, I watch Michael, not Marlon dancing etc. Michael's unique and amazing vocals made I Want You Back and ABC classics, not Jermaine's supporting vocals (even though he's a great vocalist).

I was also far more impressed with Madonna's speech than Janet's performance at the MTV VMA's. I'm not interested in seeing Janet do a performance tribute to Michael, I more interested in hearing her talk about Michael. But I have to remember that even though Michael's passing has upset me greatly, I won't feel the pain like Janet, LaToya, Tito and Jermaine etc. And I know Michael would have loved Janet's tribute to him at the VMA's, but I'm just a fan of one Jackson and that is Michael.

HeavenSent

I dunno. I'm a little conflicted. The Jacksons lately have been getting a bad rap lately and I'm starting to feel a little bad for it as a whole. They had always been a bit of so-called royalty for the black community in general, despite their shortcomings and pitfalls. I never knew them to be perfect or prim and proper in their representations. I've criticized them in the past, but I've admired for their guts in how they've shaped American music and contributed to pop culture. Some things are inexcusable and downright trifling so I'm not condoning or glossing over the bad. Some things I've questioned. So this conflicted issue is just my own personal thing. In the back of mind I'm finding myself wanting to put myself in their shoes a wee bit more now than in the past.

Lately, it's plain to see how the surviving siblings--even Janet to a certain extent-- have both hurt by having an iconic brother, I mean it's really obvious. It seems as though nothing they can do right now would survive the scrutiny of the fans. Everyone is searching for an ulterior motive; it can never be as simple as "I'm doing this in honor of Michael." Quite frankly it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You have the pressure to live your life and press forward. But then there's a new DIFFERENT kind of spotlight on you, 2nd guessing you every step of the way.

So did Tito mention the tribute concert or did the show put that out there? I would hope and pray that Tito hasn't turned into an opportunist. Gladys Knight and Michael were close and she was always his cheerleader, so it whatever concert it is, it will have a lot of Michael's spirit involved. But it shouldnt be billed as a tribute concert if he has no intentions of it being that way. False advertising. I'm not sure how he'd rectify that except to put his ventures on hold till things before less raw? I dunno. On the other hand, the way the media has been, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave themselves the green light to "Michael" it up for their segment. It's disgusting. I see it happening all the time here in the States.

I just want to put out there, that Tito had his own burgeoning career doing bass guitar tours and he HAS had appearances before tragic struck. My aunt went to one of his shows in Sedona. Sometimes I'm almost inclined to say, let the brothers and sisters do their respective things. I get a headache just trying to talk about it anymore. While it might not sit well with us, we're biased. Somehow God might be pushing them forward, to not waste time, to not let their gifts go unnoticed. Tito and the others will inspire someone, if it's not gonna us.

As for Janet's performance, folks need to give this woman a break and stop with the comparisons. I keep reading how much more impressed people were of Madonna than Janet as if this were a competition to see how they could out-inspire the other. For God's sakes, let it go. They both lost someone who has touched their lives, let them express themselves as they see fit. For the record Janet has been truly precious from her words at the BET awards to her interview in Harper's Bazaar. God forbid if we were in her shoes.

Sorry that I rambled, Gemma. I'm the queen of long winded posts!

candles

HeavenSent;219933 said:
I dunno. I'm a little conflicted. The Jacksons lately have been getting a bad rap lately and I'm starting to feel a little bad for it as a whole. They had always been a bit of so-called royalty for the black community in general, despite their shortcomings and pitfalls. I never knew them to be perfect or prim and proper in their representations. I've criticized them in the past, but I've admired for their guts in how they've shaped American music and contributed to pop culture. Some things are inexcusable and downright trifling so I'm not condoning or glossing over the bad. Some things I've questioned. So this conflicted issue is just my own personal thing. In the back of mind I'm finding myself wanting to put myself in their shoes a wee bit more now than in the past.

Lately, it's plain to see how the surviving siblings--even Janet to a certain extent-- have both hurt by having an iconic brother, I mean it's really obvious. It seems as though nothing they can do right now would survive the scrutiny of the fans. Everyone is searching for an ulterior motive; it can never be as simple as "I'm doing this in honor of Michael." Quite frankly it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You have the pressure to live your life and press forward. But then there's a new DIFFERENT kind of spotlight on you, 2nd guessing you every step of the way.

So did Tito mention the tribute concert or did the show put that out there? I would hope and pray that Tito hasn't turned into an opportunist. Gladys Knight and Michael were close and she was always his cheerleader, so it whatever concert it is, it will have a lot of Michael's spirit involved. But it shouldnt be billed as a tribute concert if he has no intentions of it being that way. False advertising. I'm not sure how he'd rectify that except to put his ventures on hold till things before less raw? I dunno. On the other hand, the way the media has been, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave themselves the green light to "Michael" it up for their segment. It's disgusting. I see it happening all the time here in the States.

I just want to put out there, that Tito had his own burgeoning career doing bass guitar tours and he HAS had appearances before tragic struck. My aunt went to one of his shows in Sedona. Sometimes I'm almost inclined to say, let the brothers and sisters do their respective things. I get a headache just trying to talk about it anymore. While it might not sit well with us, we're biased. Somehow God might be pushing them forward, to not waste time, to not let their gifts go unnoticed. Tito and the others will inspire someone, if it's not gonna us.

As for Janet's performance, folks need to give this woman a break and stop with the comparisons. I keep reading how much more impressed people were of Madonna than Janet as if this were a competition to see how they could out-inspire the other. For God's sakes, let it go. They both lost someone who has touched their lives, let them express themselves as they see fit. For the record Janet has been truly precious from her words at the BET awards to her interview in Harper's Bazaar. God forbid if we were in her shoes.

Sorry that I rambled, Gemma. I'm the queen of long winded posts!

:: claps :: you've put it all in a nutshell

i remember i would harp on the siblings and my sister and a post by palmyra voiced other thoughts that i had been having that made me think of this whole situation differently

none of us will ever know what this family is going through cause MJ only has ONE family