\"Twilight\" The Book and Movie

Just_Peachy

I've begun to read the book "Twilight" by a woman named Stephanie (can't remember her last name at the moment). It's pretty damn interesting, if you ask me! Someone decided to make a movie out of it, it's so good... and I'm hoping to see that as well.

"Typical vampire story," some would say, but I think otherwise. This book is about vampires, nonetheless, but it's really got me fascinated. In the story, Bella (The main character), is new to the town of Forks somewhere in Washington state. It's always rainy there and foggy and cold. She's originally from Arizona -Phoenix actually, so anyone would hate going from sunny warm weather to 40 degrees and rainy just about everyday. Anyway, she becomes very popular in her new school, which consists of about 1300 people. Of those 1300, she is intrigued with this group at lunch that sit together... alone. They are very beautiful people, and she comes to get to know one of the group. His name is Edward, and he is also in her biology class and sits next to her after lunch hour. A lot of the time, Edward doesn't show up. But she doesn't let that bother her too much. He looks different than the rest of the student body, and she of course, is drawn to him.

Edward has brown hair, and brown eyes, although Bella has noticed that some days, his eyes turn to charcoal black. Now, I don't want to be a spoiler, but Edward and Bella become friendly and even make plans to travel to a book store together. I haven't finished the book yet, but I'm just at the part where Bella starts to ponder her thoughts over him... and slowly is realizing that he isn't human... but what was he? She tossed it through her mind that he was indeed a vampire because of all the myths that she had heard about him. And also takes into consideration many parts of the story that would link to a vampire. (example: Edward skipped the one class in biology... the day the students were blood testing to find out their blood type)... weird!? Not wasting any more time on that silly idea of hers, she decides that he isn't vampire, but something else, non human. But she can't seem to stop thinking about weather or not he really is.

Bella was also warned by Edward, that they "Should not be friends." *Scratches chin in amusement* It's almost as if Edward has feelings for Bella and doesn't want her hurt. At any rate, it's a very VERY good book, and I highly suggest it if you like Vampire stories. I think its fascinating, and I'm only maybe a quarter of the way through the book.

Anyone going to go see the movie? or how about pick up the book? :D Let me know your thoughts!