We hardly ever talk about Michael\'s music

Palmyra

Fans love to complain about what the media did to Michael with regards to changing the conversation from the music to tabloid fodder (more time spent on tabloid headlines than the man's music), but at least in this fan community, there's very little talk about Michael's music. Most topics involving Michael's music are just about sales or an upcoming album. I have yet to see (since Michael's passing) anything specific about Michael's albums. Most conversations are about anything and everything but his music.

For us to complain that the man's genius is ignored when we hardly talk about it seems wrong. I just wanted to give you guys some food for thought, because it helps for us to understand ourselves a little better.

I love talking about Michael's music (as well as the man), but unfortunately, most people are preoccupied with other topics.

oldschoolfan

I have made a few threads on Michael's music since his death, a quiz on his music, a video, etc., nobody talked about it. I did make a thread on what songs people are addicted to and why and that got to a few pages. There is only so much we can say about his music. I was going to actually start another thread on his music but having been on here as much lately so never got around to it.

Saphster

I've actually made a couple of topics related to his music but they never really stayed alive I guess.

I LOVE talking about Michael's music. And I do feel that it's not talked about enough. It's almost a stress reliever. To talk about his music I mean.

I've been listening to a certain version of They Don't Really Care About Us featuring Olodum and I love the continued acapella drums and music solo. You know where the short film ends with Michael giving a final yell into the air? Well, I just found out that is not exactly where it ended. The drums keeps going beyond that and you hear Michael making sounds along with them. I love it.

palmyra- your avatar was very unexpected. LOL Man I miss Michael.

Cristine87

Lately, it's been hard to listen to his music. I think it has something to do with the anniversary coming up. I just get so sad that I detach myself!

Juniorlady

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]I have to agree with you on the avatar Betty. It freaked me out! haha[/quote]
Lol, I know, I almost jumped out of my my chair. :rollin I love the TDCAU Brazilian version myself.

MJ.L.O.V.E

Its funny that this topic was brought up because recently I have found myself really getting into Mikes music and trying to depict meanings from all the lyrics of his song and I have also really honest and truley and understanding the true genious he was and what it took to be him. I mean I think about how he used to say he didnt really sleep much he just wanted to create and make magic. I bet thats because when he layed down at night all of the music, sounds, etc kept circling in his head making it hard to sleep.
I mean its not that I am just finding this stuff out its just I really understand and can see what music truley meant to him as I listen to interviews he did.

Anyways I'm rambling but I would love to talk about his music and genious because thats been my interest latley.

Juniorlady

In what way would we talk about his music? You mean discussing our favorite songs, the lyrics, or something else? IMO, I think his style of music changed. For example, from the Jacksons 5 to the Dangerous era, his music were upbeat, something everybody could dance to. From that point, his music became more "message-like" with meaningful lyrics. On the HIStory album, when I listen to a certain song, I can actually hear his emotion. Then again, most of his songs are emotional.

Teva

[quote name="Cristine87"]Lately, it's been hard to listen to his music. I think it has something to do with the anniversary coming up. I just get so sad that I detach myself![/quote]

Honestly I can't listen to him sing anymore. I have to rely on memory, or read lyrics. just too painful.

Palmyra your avatar creeped me out, especially since it looks like a dead version of mine.

OneMoreChance

I talk about Michael's music quite often. Usually with people that I am with. There's just been so much going on since Michael passed that keeps us talking about those things on this site. I have to agree that his music did seem to change after Dangerous. You could sense Michael's anger in some of the songs. Scream, anyone?

That is one of the greatest things about Michael's music. Most of his songs had meaning and a message to them. They weren't just the mindless babble that I see far to often these days!

Juniorlady

[quote name="Jeniffer30"]I talk about Michael's music quite often. Usually with people that I am with. There's just been so much going on since Michael passed that keeps us talking about those things on this site. I have to agree that his music did seem to change after Dangerous. You could sense Michael's anger in some of the songs. Scream, anyone?

That is one of the greatest things about Michael's music. Most of his songs had meaning and a message to them. They weren't just the mindless babble that I see far to often these days![/quote]
Agreed! Just by hearing the tone of his voice and swearing, you could tell he was angry. When I listened to Scream one time, I was like, "did they just said the f-word?" lol

Cristine87

Michael had all the reason in the world to be angry! That man was nothing but good to people and they treated him like sh*t!

Saphster

I have a thing for 'Working day and night.' And not just because they play it over and over at my job. Lucky me eh?! :]

But he just sounded so fresh and young and vibrant on that track. Every time I hear it I smile, I laugh, I go along with the beat. I love his little beat boxing additions to the song. I like the line "You say that working is what a man supposed to do." And the line You must be seeing...some other guy instead of me! How can he just assume that she's seeing somebody else? Cause Mike's not dumb.

Palmyra

In what way would we talk about his music? You mean discussing our favorite songs, the lyrics, or something else?

Anything at all. My point is that we're diverting ourselves from his music while we complain about the media damaging Michael's legacy. If we're going to say his legacy is in his music, we should at least talk about it. Much of the time, we talk about how the media has changed Michael's story from one about his music to one about the tabloid circus. We also get ourselves riled up over the circus.