What gift should I get for my teacher?

Saphster

I was very saddened when I learned that my photography teacher is retiring. I've only had 2 classes with him and they have been fun. He is a very, very, very cool and understanding teacher. He's funny and down to earth. But he still takes his work serious and expects every student of his to do the same. I respect that.

I was lucky enough to have this last class that I have to take with him this semester...seeing how it will be his last.

I want to get him something for being such a great and helpful teacher. I can't get him anything teacher related. It's not like he will use it anymore right? lol

He's well in age. I would say 60's but he still looks and moves around like he's young. I want to get him something nice. He has a lot of books...trust me. A lot of photography books. I don't think he needs anymore lol.

Ideas anyone? I'd appreciate it!

Palmyra

Invincible.  Or another MJ album.  If not Invincible, how about a greatest hits CD?  Maybe The Essential.  Depends on how much you want to spend.

Palmyra???  :p hehehhehe.... That was cute though!

Well, Saph, if I were you, simple, I really don't have to buy him something because it's going to be hard to give gift to a male teacher unless if he's a music teacher then give him a book with classic songs and song notes so he could play the piano or guitar guided by it or if he's into photography, give him a book with wonderful pictures all over the world, that I don't know the price and Palmyra is right, depends on the amount you want to spend.. Or a simple card with a very moving and touching message..

My favorite teacher in high school (may he rest in peace) was our adviser during college when we did our thesis, so we gave him money and a thank you card..  :p

Saphster

LOL! I wonder what his reaction to a MJ album would be...? I don't think he would like that though. He's more of a classical music/Jazz fanatic. But he already has an ENDLESS collection of classical music/Jazz so a classical music album just won't do.

Just the thought of not seeing him again makes me want to cry. I don't know why. We lost Michael in June. I've lost so many teachers. I just found out around the end of last year that 3 of my old teachers died...it's getting harder to accept losing people. It's just so hard. It's not like he's dying but I might never seen him again? And that hurts.

Maybe a gift card will do. Maybe if I buy a card along with it? A nice card saying how great of a teacher he was and how I will miss him so much.

I feel like a gloomy puppy with it's ears down...

79244745.jpg

Cristine87

[quote name="Saphster"]
LOL! I wonder what his reaction to a MJ album would be...? I don't think he would like that though. He's more of a classical music/Jazz fanatic. But he already has an ENDLESS collection of classical music/Jazz so a classical music album just won't do.

Just the thought of not seeing him again makes me want to cry. I don't know why. We lost Michael in June. I've lost so many teachers. I just found out around the end of last year that 3 of my old teachers died...it's getting harder to accept losing people. It's just so hard. It's not like he's dying but I might never seen him again? And that hurts.

Maybe a gift card will do. Maybe if I buy a card along with it? A nice card saying how great of a teacher he was and how I will miss him so much.

I feel like a gloomy puppy with it's ears down...

79244745.jpg

[/quote]

First of all, that picture is so cuuuuuuuuuuute! I love doggys. Secondly, I think a gift card with a card telling him how much he meant to you is great. I know it's hard losing people. Probably because the one year anniversary is coming up, but I've been having weird dreams about Michael every night for the past couple of weeks. It's odd!