What happened to Michael\'s hair?

susanrello

Jeniffer30;235749 said:
No, rightly said. Sorry but Michael's musical and humanitarian legacy has nothing to do with whether he wore a wig. Now if I was Michael lawyer of course I would have to ask a lot of personal in depth questions, but I'm not. Knowledge is power, but not when it comes to someone's personal life and medical history.

Yes, the tabloids have a different agenda and that's what they do is speculate and come to there own conclusions without the real truth. I feel that as fans we should not do that. None of it is important anymore anyway. Whether he had his lips tatooed has no bearing on how wonderful his music is or how much he did to help people. THAT'S what's important.

I don't care whether he wore a wig, or not it makes no difference to me, and it certainly does not impact on his God given talents. The point I was making was not about wigs, or tatoos it was about truth and setting the record straight. MJ's life was constantly speculated upon, and mostly filled with inaccuracies he himself said so. What is wrong with dispelling with the myths where we can? The people that say he lost his hair due to anorexia reach a larger audience than we do, they are on tv. If we can correct an inaccuracy in our small way then what is the harm?

Palmyra

Jennifer30 said:
His health is not your business.

I understand and respect your position, but I disagree. Would you not want to know that the people you care about are doing well, healthy, and are happy? Ad if they are not not healthy or happy, wouldn't you want to know and do something about it if you can?

There are certain things about Michael that are none of my business. For example, was Blanket's mother actually black as Michael said? It doesn't seem like it, but I won't bother with this, because it's none of my business. On the other hand, his health is of importance to me. Don't you worry about how your friends are doing and want to make sure they're healthy? I am trying to do the same with Michael, even though we (Michael and I) were not friends. But I care about him more than I care about any of my actual friends.

Michael's health is no longer anyone's concern.

It's still a concern to me just as many fans are still upset over the fact that Joe beat Michael as a child. I am still angry with Bob Jones for betraying Michael. I am still angry with the Arvizo family for making up those lies. Things like this won't change. I wanted Michael to live a happy, fulfilled life and the knowledge I get from you guys tells me whether or not he did live a happy, fulfilled life.

Are you still concerned about Michael's health?

Yes, partly because I want to know if Michael's death could have been prevented. If I made the right phone calls and connected Michael with a good doctor, would Michael still have been alive? If Michael was struggling with lupus or vitiligo, could he have called me or another fan for an attentive ear? Questions like this mean something to me.

Michael's legacy has nothing to do with any of this.

His legacy doesn't mean as much to me as his health does.

Jennifer, I completely understand where you're coming from and I did not take your words the wrong way. I understand you're being protective of Michael's privacy. We all are, but we have a difference of opinion on where our relationship with Michael ends. Do we have a right to know this or that? We disagree about these things. I stay away from his children. That's one area I won't go into, because Michael clearly wanted everyone to stay out of their lives. On the other hand, some fans willingly discuss whether or not Prince has vitiligo. Prince's business is none of my business (out of respect for Michael).

Saphster

I think Michael was wearing a wig or weaves longer than many of us probably realize or want to accept.

At first it made me real upset but then I thought...it doesn't matter. I will love Michael no matter what. I didn't want to accept that he was wearing fake hair but there is no law stating he couldn't. EVERY person in hollywood wears fake hair...even if they don't need it. A lot of Michael's hair was burned off. I do not think that hair regrows in spots that have been burned.

In the pic provided by Palmyra those sideburns do not look real or a lot of the curly hair. I know this is such a touchy subject cause so many female fans LOVE the curly hair. But, we gotta accept it sometime that Michael lost a lot of his hair and it didn't make him any less of a person or any less of a MAN that he wore hair that was not his own.

That's the thing about fake hair in Hollywood. It looks real. So real. That's because most of the time it's that good expensive human hair rather than synthetic hair.

And in some cases of Vitiligo hair does go away i think. This man has Vitiligo and his eyebrows are nearly or are gone.

Vitiligo_withandwithoutmakeup.jpg

And in other cases eyebrows and eyelashes turn white which could be a reason why Michael chose to tattoo over his natural lashes. If you look at some photos of Michael you can see some white in his eyebrows.

alezzandrini-fig2.jpg

oldschoolfan

Wether or not Michael wore a wig, had surgery, had tattoos isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is how Michael must have been tortured by his own appearance, being tormented by his father, then getting vitiligo, then lupus, then getting burned, then losing his hair, then people making documentaries just on his face, the list goes on.

Ben

oldschoolfan;235735 said:
I do agree with you 100% Jen, I fall into the trap of finding out personal stuff, I find out all this info about Michael so that I can stand up for him

That is also one of the reasons why I am interested in some aspects of Michael's personal stuff, so I have hard facts to defend him. The even though I think Michael's autopsy should never have been made public. The only good thing that has come from it, is that we know Michael was a healthy man and did have vitiligo, and that body wasn't wasting away and filled with drugs like the media still keep saying it was. The autopsy gives fans hard facts as ammunition to put people and the media in there place.

oldschoolfan;235735 said:
Michael wasn't circumcised just so that I can tell people Jordan was wrong?.

This is also one piece if information I also wished I'd never known, after reading his autopsy. Michael's lose of hair, and minor back and lung problems are issues that should should have been blanked out of the release of his autopsy report. All we should have known is that Michael died a healthy man. We the public only have the right to know how Michael died, and the parts of his body ie his heart that caused his death via the propofol injection by Dr Murray. We don't need to know Michael's full medical and health history.

oldschoolfan

Ben;235772 said:
This is also one piece if information I also wished I'd never known, after reading his autopsy. Michael's lose of hair, and minor back and lung problems are issues that should should have been blanked out of the release of his autopsy report. All we should have known is that Michael died a healthy man. We the public only have the right to know how Michael died, and the parts of his body ie his heart that caused his death via the propofol injection by Dr Murray. We don't need to know Michael's full medical and health history.

I know what you mean, on one hand to be able to say to someone who is hating on him 'well if you read the boys statement you would be aware he clearly stated Michael was circumcised, but if you bothered to read read the autopsy it does tell you he actually wasn't'. But on the other hand, wether or not he was circumcised is a personal thing and none of my buisiness. I'd hate for people to know what my cookie looks like.

OneMoreChance

oldschoolfan;235814 said:
I know what you mean, on one hand to be able to say to someone who is hating on him 'well if you read the boys statement you would be aware he clearly stated Michael was circumcised, but if you bothered to read read the autopsy it does tell you he actually wasn't'. But on the other hand, wether or not he was circumcised is a personal thing and none of my buisiness. I'd hate for people to know what my cookie looks like.

Ok I told myself that I wasn't going to respond in this thread any more (not out of anger, just a difference of opinion), but the I read Amy's post and just about died laughing. "cookie" is exactly what my family has always called that "area" on a girl. It's the word that I have used with my girls. Sometime I think about it though and wondered if it was appropriate to give it a nickname associated with dessert?!

Saphster

Jeniffer30;235819 said:
Ok I told myself that I wasn't going to respond in this thread any more (not out of anger, just a difference of opinion), but the I read Amy's post and just about died laughing. "cookie" is exactly what my family has always called that "area" on a girl. It's the word that I have used with my girls. Sometime I think about it though and wondered if it was appropriate to give it a nickname associated with dessert?!

No. Not really Jen. :lol That's just another name grown men use. Just say it's a vagina. I think it's okay to tell children the name of those areas. This is an eye used for sight, this is a leg-used to walk with and run, that is an arm- used to lift, that area down there is a penis-used to go the restroom.

But that's just me. I usually am pretty straight up with kids and tell them the actual names of body parts but I'll tell them not to say those words out loud. Just say 'down there' in public. If they ask why can't they say the words I'll just explain to them that in our society it's not safe or respectful to say those type of words out loud. You have to be so patient with kids and explain things in detail. A lot of people think kids don't understand but they understand more than people realize. They just have to sit down with kids and be patient.

OneMoreChance

Saphster;235860 said:
No. Not really Jen. :lol That's just another name grown men use. Just say it's a vagina. I think it's okay to tell children the name of those areas. This is an eye used for sight, this is a leg-used to walk with and run, that is an arm- used to lift, that area down there is a penis-used to go the restroom.

But that's just me. I usually am pretty straight up with kids and tell them the actual names of body parts but I'll tell them not to say those words out loud. Just say 'down there' in public. If they ask why can't they say the words I'll just explain to them that in our society it's not safe or respectful to say those type of words out loud. You have to be so patient with kids and explain things in detail. A lot of people think kids don't understand but they understand more than people realize. They just have to sit down with kids and be patient.

I agree with you Saph. Trust me I realize how much Emma knows. Unfortunately kids sometimes don't realize what they are saying is inappropriate. It's like when a kid sees a really overweight person and says out loud "Mommy that's a big lady!" They're not trying to be rude and even though I have told her before not to say stuff like that kids speak before they think. They have no tact. This usually get better with age (for most people...lol). I would be horrified if Emma stated out loud in public "Mommy my vagina itches." It just seems to adult coming out of such a young kid. I would much rather hear "Mommy my cookie itches." :lol