What have you notice about the trial

got2makeitright

I have notice that since the DA rested there has not being many news on the trial, may iam wrong but i dont see GMA talk about anymore.

There is other things i notice but i will tell you later.

maintenant

Originally posted by got2makeitright
I have notice that since the DA rested there has not being many news on the trial, may iam wrong but i dont see GMA talk about anymore.

Well, on the whole, the sensationalist media was never interested in actually give any NEWS, they only wanted to titilate the public with nasty tales about Michael Jackson. Now that the persecutors have finished their spewing of filth and all we have now are nice, honest witnesses who are quietly ripping the persecutor's case to shreds, the bad press isn't interested. And when Michael is declared not guilty, that kind of media probably won't even report it at all!

MystiqueX2004

Originally posted by got2makeitright

Understand that the media thrives on negativity, because people respond to negativity. That's what a lot of people want to hear. So when the prosecution was going, everyone was ready to point fingers and stand on mountains and shot, "Michael Jackson is guilty!!" Now that the defense is bringing out information that proves that the prosecution is manipulative and only gives half the story, and further vindicating Michael, the media does not want anything to do with it. Simply for the reason that positive news does not get any ratings. The media is not really interested in whether or not Michael has donated millions to help the sick and dying children all over the world. They do care about negativity and if they (like the prosecution) have to manipulate the truth to gain popularity at Michael Jackson's expense then so be it....Which is why I refrain from watching the news...Tom and Jerry is so much more fun to watch! :thumbsup

Colin

Here in the UK, during the prosecution's case it was on the news most nights, complete with computer-generated mock-ups of MJ's bedroom, newscasters' dramatic pauses and accentuations of the dirty words. Since the defence began i have seen it on the news once, maybe twice. Funny, that. I guess we should know by now that "Family of schmucks try to bring down Michael Jackson" just isn't as good a headline as "Wacko Jacko is a dirty kiddie-fiddling bastard, look at him he's a freak ewwwww".

One thing i have seen though which made me smile was after Debbie Rowe's testimony, when The Sun newspaper (the most notorious of the british tabloids, and the one that has spewed the most hate toward MJ over the years) ran the headline
"KIND JACKO IS A MR WONDERFUL"
Classic. The tables are turning! slowly, but surely.

The media have certainly became more selective with this things that they decide to report regarding the proceedings of the trial. During the presentation of the prosecution's case the media were very eager to report on the "explosive" developments revealed in testimonies of various witness's, but most irritating was the absense of details concerning the inconsistencies which the defense exposed on cross-examination.

I think we all knew that the media would distance themselves from the trial and give us limited information from the defense's case because it could only add to the good character of Michael and subsequently it would ruin the picture the media have portrayed Michael to be for the past decade.

The media have been very manipultive when reporting on the developments, expecally resently because they only seem to discuss the things that may seem to be trivial (or by the time they've finished discussing the topic, they've manipulated it to seem trivial because the only meander around the issue rather than hit the nail on the head) , but in fact have great relevence. They choose to ignore the details which will demonstrate Michael's innocence

I can only speak for the british media but they too are following the same pattern as every other media outlet focusing of the trial. Take today for example, when they were reflecting on yesterday's proceeding they were only focusing on the reciept from Janet Arvizo's full body wax and deliberately missed out the important testimony of the Child Abuse investigator which displays that family had ample opportunity to declare help but instead was consistent that nothing innapropriate was occuring or occured.

The attidude which I'm sensing from the media is.. He could possibily be innocent, but do we care?

Cristine87

Oh yes, I absolutely notice the change in media coverage for this trial! When the prosecution was presenting their case, all hell broke loose! You saw the damaging headlines everywhere but now that the defense is presenting their case & showing Michael to be not guilty, I see a little paragraph on page 3 talking about that days events. The media is manipulative & so is the prosecution! That is so unfair!

abbymjgirl

Oh Yeah!!!! Since the prosecution "case" ended, many news medias have kinda...I guess, rested. See, they don't like hearing news that Michael's winning. That's not what sells to them. When they were on the BAD side, they sold many things 'cause it spoke about molestation and money and alcohol, unfortunately, that's what some people only like to read about. Know what I say? Now that the "case" is totally opposite, they don't care to read the news. They have mad eup their minds and now just stopped being involved.

I think that most news programs and papers have stopped publishing as much as they did before because, they know that people won't buy their junkies if it says something like: "Michael's defense team's on a roll". Probably, but not as much as a title like: "Michael's definitly guilty!" Know what I mean?

danaluvsmj

yeah, I have been noticing this. I figured this would happen after the prosecution rested their case. I guess the media doesn't want to report on it because there are no bombshells that prove that Michael is guilty, which is what the media wants to hear. I'm not surprised.
I've also noticed that Sneddon is talking a lot less and Zonen is doing more of the cross examination. Looks like he knows he's doomed.

abbymjgirl

Hmm, I have also noticed that Jermaine has been coming into court w/ his bro. I've seen him come in B4, but now that it's the defense's turn to shine, he's been going more. (dunno if he shows everyday but a lot more now) I wonder if we'll see the rest of the Jacksons. Speaking 'bout Jacksons, Joe. I've not seen him, lately. I dunno if it's just me but I've not seen him the last couple of days. Maybe he's sick. I've seen him sometimes but not everyday.

LoveMeIfYouDare

the press r only interested at the negative sides coz that's wat sells in the market so now when it shows that Michael is innocent,it has nothing more to say anymore.

DaNcInG mAcHiNe

I have also noticied that there isnt as much coverage on the trial as there was when the pro's were presenting their 'case',it sucks :extremely