what is \'big brother?\'

brnthsdiscout

i've read thru the net that jermaine is on a british show, could anyone explain what kind of show that is? is like the real world on mtv? also is that the title?:8-25-03helpsmilie:

BeatIt2006

hi big brother is a show in britain were people go into a house somtimes celebs ans sometimes normal people and each week thay vote two poeple to leave The two people who get the most votes are up for nomination and then the public vote out 1 of the 2 people.

yes jermaine did go on the celeb big brother a couple of months ago he waslike the best contestant ever he came second :)

brnthsdiscout

BeatIt2006;195615 said:
hi big brother is a show in britain were people go into a house somtimes celebs ans sometimes normal people and each week thay vote two poeple to leave The two people who get the most votes are up for nomination and then the public vote out 1 of the 2 people.

yes jermaine did go on the celeb big brother a couple of months ago he waslike the best contestant ever he came second :)

hey thanks! :bowdown does the winner get some kind of prize?

HeavenSent

Big Brother has been in America too...Always during the summer and in a non celebrity format. I'm shocked that you didn't know! Season 8 comes on 3 times a week on CBS. It's annoying as hell...but somehow I find myself watching it!

MJSpice

HeavenSent;195901 said:
Big Brother has been in America too...Always during the summer and in a non celebrity format. I'm shocked that you didn't know! Season 8 comes on 3 times a week on CBS. It's annoying as hell...but somehow I find myself watching it!

Last season of Celebrity Big Brother was awful. & I still think Jermaine should've won.
From MJSpice

brnthsdiscout

HeavenSent;195901 said:

really?? :blink: what day is it on?? i'm hooked to hell's kitchen and dog the bounty hunter.:D i'll look for it in the future.

JANIE

Jermaine was fantastic on our Big Brother. When he went in I was like "Ohhh noooooooo BIG Mistake!", I really didn't think he'd stick it out. But, he conducted himself like a perfect gentleman. He was down to earth, so kind, friendly, and he came across so well. To his credit, the season he went into was the worst one we've had. In the UK the Big Brother standard show has created some "celebrities" that really, to be honest, we could have done without. One of the ex-housemates and now "celebrity" Jade Goody, happened to return to Celebrity Big Brother to be a housemate along with Jermaine. If that wasn't bad enough, she brought in her mother as well, and to make things even worse one night her grand-parents turned up for dinner. The least offensive way of describing Jade and her mother is that they have no class and quite frankly, they're extremely ignorant. And yes, that is the LEAST offensive thing I could say. In the end, the Big Brother Celebrity Show wound up being pretty much the end of Jades' career; because she made some unfortunate comments about an Indian housemate and created a racism storm. She hasn't been heard of much since -

We also had a couple of other celebrities in there, a Page 3 girl who was dating a footballer (who was so ashamed of her bitchy behaviour he dumped her when she came out of the house) and Jodie Marsh, one of our models. Both were equally badly behaved, bitchy, gossipy, throwing tantrums, and generally had a complete lack of respect for anybody else.

Jermaine made frequent references to the fact that "Michael was watching every night."; each night I sat down to watch the show to see how Jermaine was doing, and to say I cringed with shame is an understatement. The show's portrayal of England today from the Big Brother show was not good. Jermaine didn't help when one night he actually asked, "Is this England? Is this what their country is like?" To think that Michael was watching was just awful, I was so ashamed. The girl that was the victim of the racism allegations also conducted herself with such decorum and class that I felt thoroughly ashamed that she'd been treated so badly, and publicly on a tv show!, by an English person and whilst a guest in the UK.

As far as Hell's Kitchen is concerned, it's fantastic!! Have you been watching our Gordon Ramsey? I must admit, I was pretty amazed when his shows did so well in the states because I didn't think the Americans would warm to him. He's actually a really nice guy, but I'd never wanna be anywhere near him in the Kitchen!!

I still say the best Hell's Kitchen series we had over here was when Gary Rhodes and Jean Claude dammitwhatshissecondname went up against each other. The french chef was soooo sexy and I must admit I was headoverheels for him by the end of the series. Now I can't even remember his surname :lol:

HeavenSent

MJSpice;195904 said:
Last season of Celebrity Big Brother was awful. & I still think Jermaine should've won.
From MJSpice

Yeah. Didn't watch it; It didn't come on on American network T.V so I mostly caught clips here and there on youtube.

HeavenSent

brnthsdiscout;196001 said:
really?? :blink: what day is it on?? .

It comes on primetime on Sundays, Tuesdays, I think?? and on Thursdays. Since I can only watch it on Sundays, I'm not 100% on the Tuesday slot.