what were u like * mj related *

zenab_love mike

some people have only been michael's fans for a few years . before i was a fan i was a hater ! :( and i used to laugh at very joke they made about him ! :unsure:

now i get MAD when people talk about him in a " bad " way . what were u like BEFORE you became a michael jackson fan ?

frozen rose

Well, when you got older, you started to realize how cruel some of your friends were, towards him. You finally started to realize how wrong it was, when they made fun of someone that they didn't know. I mean, you realized and said 'Hey, my friends don't have a right to tease someone that they do not know PERSONALLY".

I always liked his music. I didn't understand the jokes at the time, as I was like 4/5. I didn't really understand... but, I didn't try to stop it either... it was only when I was 11 that I started to like him personally, like his personality. I mean, I do defend him if the 'jokes' get a little too out of hand... but, some are funny, like my friends make suttle jokes about him, like non- offensive ones, so I laugh at those. But if anyone makes really rude/racist or just evil jokes about the man, then I will defend.

Janet

Well I became a fan when I was about five, so I don't really have that much memory of the time before that.. But Zenab, you shouldn't waste your time feeling sad about the way you used to be! You should rather be happy that you realized how fantastic he is instead :)

zenab_love mike

Originally posted by Janet@Oct 29 2005, 09:23 AM
Well I became a fan when I was about five, so I don't really have that much memory of the time before that.. But Zenab, you shouldn't waste your time feeling sad about the way you used to be! You should rather be happy that you realized how fantastic he is instead :)

i know he's fantastic .. its just that i say to myself

" who did i used to hate some i really love now " ?

to be honest i used to hate him VERY MUCH ! :(  :( 

hope u dont hate me 4 that !

zenab_love mike

Originally posted by LoveMeIfYouDare@Oct 29 2005, 10:33 AM
i've never really hate him or anything. i started liking him since i was 7 so you can say i've been a fan from the very beginning

yeah u have !

danaluvsmj

I was just a little kid when I became a fan, so I never really hated him, because I didn't know who he was.

I don't really remember my life before I became a fan.

flygirl

My mom used to talk to me about him, when I was like six, I remember her telling me that he married Debbie Rowe, his nurse! :lol: I never understood why she always talked to me about him. I actually fell in love with Michael in 2004, seeing him at the pre-trial hearings. It was actually strange, because I didn't really knew much about him or his music, but something about him grabbed me. Since that day I have became a crazy fan, and I thank god for letting me know his magic!! :D

Shannon

I have never hated Michael, I simply could not. Even though I've always heard those terrible things people have said about him through the years, I never believed it for a second. I didn't knew anything about him, and I barely knew who he was. But in a way, I've always loved him. Yes, I know it sounds odd, but that's the truth. Believe it or not.

TabloidTrasher

LOL, I was only six when I became a Michael Jackson fan. (I'm now 20 years old). Before I was a Michael Jackson fan, I didn't know who the heck he was! Here's my story:

I was watching television one day in our living room. My older brother came running in saying, "Turn it to channel 17! Turn it to channel 17! HURRY!" As if it was a life or death situation... LOL. Back then, our channel 17 was MTV. It has since changed. But anyway- The "Black or White" video was on.

MY RESPONSE: "WHO IS THAT?!" I was totally puzzled as to why my brother wanted to watch a freakin' music video...

HIS RESPONSE: "You don't know? That's Michael Jackson!!! The greatest star that has ever been! What are you? STUPID?"

LOL....and since then I've seen his video's on television a lot. I became addicted. --I guess you could say. And i've loved him ever since. I'm completely in love with him!

:tooexcite

Crazy4MiJac

When I was younger I'd always hear about him on the news, and hear people mentioning him in television shows. I used to ask my parents, and just about every other family member, about who Michael Jackson was. Everytime his name came up, I'd start asking questions like crazy, no real reason...I was just curious! I did this all throughout my childhood.

So by the summer of 2001, when I was 11, we went to go see Legends In Concert @ Myrtle Beach... and lo and behold there was a Michael Jackson impersonator performing that night! I was excited... Michael Jackson just attracted my attention, even though I wasn't quite sure who he was; I'd only known what my family had told me and I had never actually heard his music before.

The show was *amazing.* But afterwards, I kind of forgot about him.

Then in October, 2001, Mom mentioned that Michael Jackson had a new video out, and it was on TV... naturally I was curious so I came in the room and watched You Rock My World. I was like... :tooexcite I recorded that video off the VH1 countdown and watched it EVERY morning before school, I became so obsessed. And I remained obsessed for over 3 years. I celebrate my "anniversary" on Oct 30th, the release date of Invincible. Although I'm not quite as "obsessed" anymore, I'm still a huge fan.

And I'm baking myself brownies tomorrow and watching Moonwalker with the big speakers on to celebrate! :D

zenab_love mike

Originally posted by TabloidTrasher@Oct 29 2005, 06:11 PM
LOL, I was only six when I became a Michael Jackson fan.  (I'm now 20 years old).  Before I was a Michael Jackson fan, I didn't know who the heck he was!  Here's my story:

I was watching television one day in our living room.  My older brother came running in saying, "Turn it to channel 17!  Turn it to channel 17!  HURRY!"  As if it was a life or death situation... LOL.  Back then, our channel 17 was MTV.  It has since changed.  But anyway- The "Black or White" video was on. 

MY RESPONSE:  "WHO IS THAT?!"  I was totally puzzled as to why my brother wanted to watch a freakin' music video...

HIS RESPONSE: "You don't know?  That's Michael Jackson!!!  The greatest star that  has ever been!  What are you?  STUPID?"

LOL....and since then I've seen his video's on television a lot.  I became addicted.  --I guess you could say.  And i've loved him ever since.  I'm completely in love with him!

:tooexcite

thts a nice story ! :) haha ! he called u stuipd ! :lol:

PanGieE_S2_U

I liked his music when i was like 5 or 6? I remember hearing his name everywhere, and my dad had these video clips on video tape and i'd watch it and thought he was AMAZING!!
i loved watching his concerts, i vaguely remember the Bucharest concert when it was aired on tv, we taped half of it and me and my sisters always watched it over and over again, we'd even imitate the way he danced.. hahah.. including the part when he grabs 'down there' and my parents would be like.. ur not suppose do that.. LOL!

but back in 2001 when the 30th anniversary aired on tv.. My goodness.. i never knew how incredibly good he was!! i was 16 at that time.. i guess when i was younger, i never really thought abt it. then just recently my sister found the 30th anniversary tape again, and watched it.. then dragged me back into it.. and i also noticed, just recently that he is not only the coolest but also totally sexy. hahha

but yeh anyways.. so i've never hated him at all.. he was always cool in my books!
I reckon that if everyone gave him a chance, listen to his music, read what he does, etc.. they too will love him.. cos right now i simply cant understand how can some people hate him?!
HOW HOW HOW!?? they're missing out!!
LOL! I love MJ fans!!