Who Was The 1st Black Star w/Vitiligo?

Dialdancer

Vindicating Michael's sanemjfan aka. David reminded some and astonished others with his latest post:

Michael Jackson Was NOT The First Black Entertainer To Lose His Pigmentation Due To Vitiligo!

I read this story and remembered the article it as soon as I saw the first page. This is another to add to your files.

A reader of this blog recently alerted me to the fact that Michael Jackson was NOT the first professional singer and dancer to have lose all of the pigmentation in his skin due to vitiligo! In November 1978, Ebony magazine published a story called “The Man Who Turned White” (page 165), which is about Arthur Wright, an incredible entertainer whose resume includes performances with the Jean Leon Destine Company of Haitian Dancers, the Negro Dance Theater, Broadway, and numerous international tours.

My linkhttp://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/michael-jackson-was-not-the-first-black-entertainer-to-lose-his-pigmentation-due-to-vitiligo/

Had Michael so desirous of having White skin he could have done what this man did and been done with it.

A copy of this and other archived Ebony Magazines can be found by decade at: My linkhttp://www.ebonyjet.com/archive.aspx

Juniorlady

Great post. It disgusts me how people treated Michael and treats those with this disorder as if they were different.

Dialdancer

What this does prove is how much trash we have stored in our brains against Michael. Most Blacks my age and older read this story, but it got plowed under by a ton of negative words, crafty photo shopped pictures and psycho babble aimed at people of different ages, races and intellects until it was forgotten.

(Michael Jackson don't want to be Black, he don't like Blacks, he wants to be White and a woman at that.......blah blah blah blah blah blah blah) (Look into my eyes, only hear the words I speak. Believe what I am telling you, showing you)
It is impossible to fight or defend against this continuous professional manipulation from all directions.

Until you read and absorbed the entire piece you may still ask why didn't Michael try to regain his color. HE DID it just wasn't publicized even after he told the world of his ailment. THAT did not fit in with the picture the Media wanted you to hold in your head. Or.... why go to depigmentation first? Well he did not.

There is conversation about Michael's sensitivity to pain and what undiagnosed Lupus can mean for someone undergoing plastic surgery, which may explain many other things.

The fact MJ could experience the consequences of these ailments and still perform as he did is more than enough reason for him to be the "King" and greatest entertainer of our time.

Cameron

When Michael Jackson was first diagnosed with vitiligo,did black people feel hurt?
My moms friend(who is black) was telling me before she found out he had vitiligo,she felt hurt.She said she had always looked up to him and when his skin changed she felt as though he was rejecting and abandoning the black race.She had went through alot of racism(in the 70s and early 80s)so I guess she always looked to him as a hero because you know,he was the first black artist to ever be on MTV and all that other stuff,he was the one who broke alot of racial barriers and she felt as though he was betraying her.

Jingles

The information, that I had learned many years ago, regarding Vitiligo, that I found very disturbing about the history of this disease, was that many American slaves who developed this condition were actually sold to the circus and displayed as a "Negros turning white". After seeing how Michael was treated with this condition I can say that it doesn't appear that much has changed since then.