A friend\'s off to F.L. if you have any messages for Michael

oldschoolfan

One of my friends is going to a few different countries for the anniversary of Michael's death to take part in different celebrations (yeah I'm super jealous), and one of the places she is stopping off at is Forest Lawn. She is taking cards for a few MJ friends, and I am writing Michael a letter and giving him a card. I am having trouble knowing what to write (I know what I want to say but I feel kind of weird about it all). But then I got the idea that perhaps some of you may have messages for Michael (I think maybe part of the idea came from Alex when he had a card from MJEOL a few months ago).
If anyone has anything they want to say to Michael I can write it in a group card before I give it to my friend to leave at Forest Lawn.

Maybe none of you are interested, but I thought some of you might really want to give a message to Michael. My friend is leaving on the 19th so you only have a week to let me know if you have anything you'd like me to write for you. It doesn't matter how long or short your message is, I'll write it and put your name, and my friend will take it to Forest Lawn when she gets there.

Teva

What a great idea!

I want to say, "I wish you were still here".

I have more to say, but I want to think long and hard about it. I will be back with at least 6 lines.

oldschoolfan

Aw thanks, that's a much nicer comment than I received last night from another fan, that it was a dumb idea because it's not like he's going to get up out of his casket and read people's messages. I'm not stupid, of course he's not going to 'read' it, but a lot of fans aren't able to pay their respects the way other people have the opportunity to, they aren't able to get to Forest Lawn like other fans can. A lot of people find a little bit of closer knowing they finally got to 'tell' him something they've always wanted to say. And hey, you never know, maybe Michael can see what people have given him...
I have one message for someone already, with her name and what country she is from. I think I'm going to have to write small though because the cover of the card is embossed where the gold decoration is so it's hard to write on the first page, especially the elephant one.
I've been trying to upload picture of the cards because they are super nice, but it's taken me about 2 hours and 3 attempts. I'll try again later...

Teva

Well I would say to the person that said it is not like he is going to get up from the casket and read it, then no funeral or memorial makes sense. Besides memorials, wakes, funeral etc are for the living, it provides closure.

I will PM my message later. Thanks.

oldschoolfan

Yeah exactly, everyone has their own way of saying goodbye. People sometimes talk to someone that's died, is that pointless too? What if Michael's kids made cards for him, is she going to laugh at them for it? :eek:hnoyoudidnt

Aaanyway, I'll wait for your PM...

R e a f u

I'd definitely want to add a message, just I need a little time to think of what to write, can I pm you tomorrow?

oldschoolfan

Yeah sure, I've still got at least 5 days to get messages. I MIGHT be seeing her next Friday which means I can give her the cards then, but if not then I have to mail it to her no later than Wednesday.

claire louise

I'd appreciate it so much if you could pass on a message for me. Can I pm you my message when i've had a think about it?? Thank you so much in advance x

oldschoolfan

Yeah no worries, I've got a few messages so far, I'm stressing about writing on the cards in case I mess it up or it doesn't all fit! I'm so much of a perfectionist, and I'm no good without lines so I have to measure them first, haha!
If I run out of space I'll by another card.
And remember if you want me to put your names and country at the bottom of each message to make it personal to let me know what to write.

claire louise

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]Yeah no worries, I've got a few messages so far, I'm stressing about writing on the cards in case I mess it up or it doesn't all fit! I'm so much of a perfectionist, and I'm no good without lines so I have to measure them first, haha!
If I run out of space I'll by another card.
And remember if you want me to put your names and country at the bottom of each message to make it personal to let me know what to write.[/quote]

Aw bless you,I think i'd be the same LOL.
Having a good old think and its proving so difficult as each time I think of what to say,I keep crying...it just all seems so wrong that he isn't here anymore :crying
I can't sum it up anymore than to say in my message-

I love and miss you Michael.
All my love always,Claire(from UK)
xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for doing this for me. XXX

oldschoolfan

I know what you mean, as I was writing the first message it kind of stuck me a little, I didn't cry, but I'm a bit of a sap when it comes to the whole unity of people all over the world. It occurred to me that the messages I'm writing are from people all over the world- UK, USA, Sweden, Australia, and it hit my sappy nerve.

Now is that what you want me to write for you? If you are having trouble thinking of what you want to say because it's making you upset then I still have a few days before I give it to my friend. Otherwise I'll put that in for you, just let me know.

claire louise

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]I know what you mean, as I was writing the first message it kind of stuck me a little, I didn't cry, but I'm a bit of a sap when it comes to the whole unity of people all over the world. It occurred to me that the messages I'm writing are from people all over the world- UK, USA, Sweden, Australia, and it hit my sappy nerve.

Now is that what you want me to write for you? If you are having trouble thinking of what you want to say because it's making you upset then I still have a few days before I give it to my friend. Otherwise I'll put that in for you, just let me know.[/quote]

If its ok i'll have a think a bit more over the weekend and let you know sunday night?
Have a lovely weekend hunny :respect

oldschoolfan

hahaha I thought you called me bunny! I was like 'awwww... oh wait...' . It's late here...

But anyway yeah you can let me know then. One message I've written for a friend was about 4 sentences long, it was kind of big, so if people can hopefully keep any messages they want to no more than 4-5 sentences.It's fine if it is a bit long I can always get another card like I said, most are just quick notes but I know some people have a lot they need to say.

claire louise

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]hahaha I thought you called me bunny! I was like 'awwww... oh wait...' . It's late here...

But anyway yeah you can let me know then. One message I've written for a friend was about 4 sentences long, it was kind of big, so if people can hopefully keep any messages they want to no more than 4-5 sentences.It's fine if it is a bit long I can always get another card like I said, most are just quick notes but I know some people have a lot they need to say.[/quote]

LOL aww sounds like you need another coffee :biggrin

samba

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]Aw thanks, that's a much nicer comment than I received last night from another fan, that it was a dumb idea because it's not like he's going to get up out of his casket and read people's messages. I'm not stupid, of course he's not going to 'read' it, but a lot of fans aren't able to pay their respects the way other people have the opportunity to, they aren't able to get to Forest Lawn like other fans can. A lot of people find a little bit of closer knowing they finally got to 'tell' him something they've always wanted to say. And hey, you never know, maybe Michael can see what people have given him....[/quote]

It's not stupid and it's very nice of you. :) I want to write something and just like you said "maybe Michael can see what people have given him". I'll PM you.

oldschoolfan

I got your message Betty, I'm not sure if I managed to reply or not because the site keeps logging me out even when I tell it to automatically log me in each time. It told me to sign in as soon as I replied. But if you didn't get it anyway, I'm writing your message in the card now.

I'm starting to think though, perhaps I should have got a card with a picture of the world on it seeing as the messages are from people all over the world. Dammit, I hate when these ideas keep coming AFTER I've started! The cards I have now are REALLY super nice, but, I don't know... :cantfigureout

claire louise

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]I got your message Betty, I'm not sure if I managed to reply or not because the site keeps logging me out even when I tell it to automatically log me in each time. It told me to sign in as soon as I replied. But if you didn't get it anyway, I'm writing your message in the card now.

I'm starting to think though, perhaps I should have got a card with a picture of the world on it seeing as the messages are from people all over the world. Dammit, I hate when these ideas keep coming AFTER I've started! The cards I have now are REALLY super nice, but, I don't know... :cantfigureout[/quote]

Whatever you do,its going to be great. Its a lovely jesture :)

claire louise

I love and miss you Michael.
All my love always,Claire(from UK)
xxxxxxxxxx

Hi again. Been having a long old think and I think i'll stick with the above message.
Thanks again :)