A QUICK IDEA FROM ME.

Listen, I havent really wanted to say this but now people are starting to not come to MJEOL because of it. The mood here has been somewhat dark lately, I love MJEOL and everything about it. I just think it's about time we lighten the mood. With threads such as "Who's to blame?" and "Conspiracy" and a few more it's almost turning MJ fans against other MJ fans and i believe thats the last thing Michael would want. Agree? So please (INCLUDING THIS THREAD). No more negativity, no more vile arguments, no more tabloid shit, no more Arvizo's, no more child molestation crap, no more stupid cunning insults to other members. PLEASE,
"a child will pay more attention to a toy that is fun and colorful as opposed to the toy that is dark and dreary":8-26-03baby: LOL -

A `lil philosphical thing i decided to make to get your attention. Think about it, ITS TRUE. We gotta lighten the mood a lil. More threads like the "What Songs do you just HAVE to hear?!" are great. Im not talking about news articles. Im talking about those other stupid theads like "Who's to blame?" and "CON-FRIGGIN-SPIRACY!" LOL. So in conclusion, MJEOL hasnt been getting its daily dose of happy lately. :p

privacy

MJEOL's always been like this.. and there's been threads saying, "y'know what.. let's lighten up!" but instead of making these threads, why not just do it?

Yeh, I hate all the conspiracy threads, therefore i don't post or even look in there. If there's no attention going in them, they won't last long.

If you want happy topics, make them. Some people like talking and thinking about that stuff and that's fine too.

privacy said:
MJEOL's always been like this.. and there's been threads saying, "y'know what.. let's lighten up!" but instead of making these threads, why not just do it?

If you want happy topics, make them. Some people like talking and thinking about that stuff and that's fine too.

Because people wont know that they're being party poopers until ya say "Hey stop poopin this party".

I've tried making happy topcs but nobody cares. :mellow:

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
There are no more of those kinds of threads on this forum than there are on other larger forums. There are only a few of those types of threads compared to the 100+ reply threads that are at other forums.

I'm sorry, but that sounds like an excuse. If you don't like it here, do something about it. MJEOL is only as good as the members who come here and post. I can't make people do it. They have to want to do it. All I can do is provide the venue; this forum.

And I'm not going to tell people that they can't talk about conspiracy etc. This is a message board. As long as they respect Michael Jackson, then there's no problem.

'Who's to blame' is NOT a stupid thread. You don't like it, don't click on it or don't reply. :eek:hnoyoudidnt

I love MJEOL, what it stands for, and everything about it. I owe you (whisper) my deepest gratitude for making such a kick-mega-ass place. All i'm saying is i dont like the recent dark mood. Thats all! :D

whisper said:
There are no more of those kinds of threads on this forum than there are on other larger forums. There are only a few of those types of threads compared to the 100+ reply threads that are at other forums.

I'm sorry, but that sounds like an excuse. If you don't like it here, do something about it. MJEOL is only as good as the members who come here and post. I can't make people do it. They have to want to do it. All I can do is provide the venue; this forum.

And I'm not going to tell people that they can't talk about conspiracy etc. This is a message board. As long as they respect Michael Jackson, then there's no problem.

'Who's to blame' is NOT a stupid thread. You don't like it, don't click on it or don't reply. :eek:hnoyoudidnt

I agree. And I think that MJEOL is MUCH better about these sort of discussions than a lot of the other forums. At least we have some good, meaningful conversations that have a point and stop before they go 'round in circles, LOL. :lol And we seem to have more of a variety here than just the news threads. :) Plus, it IS good to have a little bit of both, for whatever we're inclined to talk about at the time. And I think we have that here. That's why I love it so much. :cool:

It's all what we make of it..;)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Blame It On The Boogie said:
I love MJEOL, what it stands for, and everything about it. I owe you (whisper) my deepest gratitude for making such a kick-mega-ass place. All i'm saying is i dont like the recent dark mood. Thats all! :D
Well that's your interpretation. We don't have a lot of people creating a lot of threads about non-serious issues. We discuss those issues here. Now, if you want more people to post non-heavy threads, well, then....they'll have to do it. As for me, I can't do it for them.

And there are a number of reasons why people go to all kinds of forums. So to say 'oh the mood is dark here and that's why people are leaving' is a mischaracterization.

There's a lot going on. Some people still need their passwords reset. MJEOL had a lot of younger members when we first started. As time goes on, they've gotten older. Some people are preparing to graduate (some from high school and some from college) this summer. Some people have gotten jobs.

At one point, even I couldn't be here as much as I wanted. There were days when I checked in for 10 minutes and left because even I didn't have the time. So, ya know.

You want more people here? Start recruiting. :)

moonball29

its not really a big deal if people aren't coming as often as before. people shouldn't run there lives around this forum. i'm sure everyone has other things to do as well. lol

and those threads may not be viewed as negative. i like that fact that we can discuss anything here. not everything is happy all the time. we should be able to talk about the good as well as the bad.

HeavenSent

MJEOL is a pretty darned good balance of all things.

Pertinent discussion about Michael does not bring a whole forum down. I think we all need to broaden what we discuss, especially if it could possibly enlighten a member's perspective on things.

I'm all for serious discussions. They don't darken my mood. Like whisper said, it's all in one's interpretations.

On the same note, I'm also all for light hearted discussions as well.

MJEOL, IMO, has too many nitpickers. I've seen people obsess over things and trust me, if this place were to go offline, you'd take it's good and it's bad anyday. I'm not saying to just settle and not try and help it improve. But for you to say that the mood is dark, really is a reflection of the members' approach to it, in my opinion.

It speaks volumes when people say that they come here for the latest MJ news. They could go anywhere. This tells me that MJEOL is doing something right.

If this place puts a smile on your face, and day after you day you find yourself coming back, then there you go!

I know you'd like this place to be utopia, but what forum is? This place has evolved and will continue to evolve as long as members step up to the plate w/positivity.

My suggestion is to step inside a newbie's or a lurker's shoes when they see threads like this. That's like having an open house and letting all the guests know you have termites!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
My suggestion is to step inside a newbie's or a lurker's shoes when they see threads like this. That's like having an open house and letting all the guests know you have termites!
Ya know, my first thought was to close this thread. But I thought no, we're going to get some understanding up in here so there are no misconceptions about what this forum is about.

Ever so often, there is at least one member who makes a post like this as if this forum is having some kind of identity crisis. And it just ain't that serious. :lol

Jeffffff.jpg

tofdel1

I visit a lot of forums-don't post too much. I find this forum to be a good balance and it isn't a dictatorship like some of the larger boards. I think they may be taking things too far, you can't even say anything without getting bashed. People rant back and forth because they feel they are right. Oh, and don't say anything that might come accross as being negative, or you will be accused of being a hater. If you post something that is just a "rumour" watch out! There will be 50 people jumping on your back because that is just not tolerated. I like being able to say what I want without getting censored. I haven't been around here long, but I am feeling more "welcome" here than some other boards. :D
To just post everything positive just seems rediculous! That is not reality. As long as people have respect for each others opinions, there shouldn't be a problem. No offense but, MJJ is getting really bad. MJNOL was just as bad. My opinion. You can not post RF articles or comment on them. You can't even mention his name without being "watched" or "jumped on" by a moderator. I like certain aspects about it, but the "babysitting" is stupid. I really think that the people there need to just let others have a word without bashing someone for not having the same opinion. Micro-managing can really backfire.
I agree with Whisper. This is a forum. Forums are for discussions. People should be able to debate respectfully. If someone is disrepectful, then they are the ones who should be banned or whatever. Not the people who just have a different opinion. That's rediculous. I don't live in a communist country. Communism tries to suppress different views, it shouldn't be message boards that do that!;)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
tofdel1 said:
If you post something that is just a "rumour" watch out! There will be 50 people jumping on your back because that is just not tolerated.
To be honest, we do that here too. We won't deal in a lot of rumor-spreading up in here either; especially if it's something incredbly ridiculous.

You can not post RF articles or comment on them.
RF articles were soft-banned a long time ago here. Now a few are posted in the Dimond/Sneddon/Etc forum for archival purposes or future lawsuit reference. Friedman is full of $hit most of the time and the rest of the time some lowsy loser is leaking half-truths to him.

;)

tofdel1

Oh, I know what you mean. I'm talking about if you post something and you don't know if its a rumour, you just want to ask about it. It just seems way more strict other places. I see a big difference. Maybe it's just the people posting.
I know RF is full of shit.:lol

minnie yu

i can totally know how you feel Biotb..:8-26-03fruits_apple i know you just wanna make our forum being brezzy and easy, and u wanna everybody has no argument and just loving and supporting MIke..xiix..honesty that's all i wanna see..i am also that one who doesnot wanna get into a argument about MIke..one thing is i couldnot know how to express myself and i am afraid i canot use the right words to express..another thing is those argument threads seems a lil bit hard to me..poor my english..:chairbeat so i just read them and pass them on..but i also think as loyal fans we need more discussion on certain things, after all we all have our own brains sometimes we can come up with good ideas about certain things..as long as we have no words against MIke..everything is allowed i think..MJEOL is a warm sweet place..let's keep on our forum..everybody here are the ones who really nice, kind-hearted people so there is no a big deal if there are some dark threads..yes...:8-26-03fruits_apple

do not worry babe...we are the family..:8-26-03respect:

sodium amytal

tofdel1 said:
I visit a lot of forums-don't post too much. I find this forum to be a good balance and it isn't a dictatorship like some of the larger boards. I think they may be taking things too far, you can't even say anything without getting bashed. People rant back and forth because they feel they are right. Oh, and don't say anything that might come accross as being negative, or you will be accused of being a hater. If you post something that is just a "rumour" watch out! There will be 50 people jumping on your back because that is just not tolerated. I like being able to say what I want without getting censored. I haven't been around here long, but I am feeling more "welcome" here than some other boards. :D
To just post everything positive just seems rediculous! That is not reality. As long as people have respect for each others opinions, there shouldn't be a problem. No offense but, MJJ is getting really bad. MJNOL was just as bad. My opinion. You can not post RF articles or comment on them. You can't even mention his name without being "watched" or "jumped on" by a moderator. I like certain aspects about it, but the "babysitting" is stupid. I really think that the people there need to just let others have a word without bashing someone for not having the same opinion. Micro-managing can really backfire.
I agree with Whisper. This is a forum. Forums are for discussions. People should be able to debate respectfully. If someone is disrepectful, then they are the ones who should be banned or whatever. Not the people who just have a different opinion. That's rediculous. I don't live in a communist country. Communism tries to suppress different views, it shouldn't be message boards that do that!;)
I totally agree. ^^ I've seen how much censorship goes on in larger forums. Just because you say something someone else might not like doesn't mean you don't have the right to say it. :3

minnie yu said:
i can totally know how you feel Biotb..:8-26-03fruits_apple i know you just wanna make our forum being brezzy and easy, and u wanna everybody has no argument and just loving and supporting MIke..xiix..honesty that's all i wanna see..i am also that one who doesnot wanna get into a argument about MIke..one thing is i couldnot know how to express myself and i am afraid i canot use the right words to express..another thing is those argument threads seems a lil bit hard to me..poor my english..:chairbeat so i just read them and pass them on..but i also think as loyal fans we need more discussion on certain things, after all we all have our own brains sometimes we can come up with good ideas about certain things..as long as we have no words against MIke..everything is allowed i think..MJEOL is a warm sweet place..let's keep on our forum..everybody here are the ones who really nice, kind-hearted people so there is no a big deal if there are some dark threads..yes...:8-26-03fruits_apple

do not worry babe...we are the family..:8-26-03respect:

^_^ I like you! :D