An Event in Oman Includes Michael As The Chief Guest :D

xiena

Hey there.. I don't think this has been posted
:) hope Mick enjoys his time there..

Isha dances for Oman king
By: Vickey Lalwani
December 15, 2005

Isha Sharvani
Dancer-actress Isha Sharvani will perform for His Majesty, Sultan Qaboos bin Said bin Taimur of Oman, in his private theatre in Muscat, this evening.

The event has been organised for the Times of Oman (the oldest English language Omani newspaper, started in 1975 and owned by the king). Michael Jackson will be the chief guest.

The Kisna girl flew to Muscat from Trivandrum, via Chennai, yesterday evening. The event is open to a very select and exclusive audience – special invitees of the Omani royal family.

Popular dancer

According to a friend of the actress, “Isha is extremely popular as a dancer, and her popularity is growing by leaps and bounds. Last month, she performed in Singapore, and the invitation had come from the Singapore government.

Next month, she is performing at the Commonwealth Games, in Australia.” The source further revealed that when the Sultan Qaboos called Isha, she gladly accepted his invitation.

Isha excited

Michael Jackson
When contacted in Muscat, Isha told hitList she could not wait for the event to start. “I am honoured to have been invited by His Majesty. Plus, I hope I get to meet Michael Jackson, who will be chief guest at the event. He is a class apart, and unarguably, a great dancer. As a dancer, I appreciate that and it would be a real treat to meet him.”

Family affair

Isha, her mother Daksha Seth and brother Tao will be performing, while her father will handle the stage, lighting and other arrangements.

“They have told us they are very keen to see something Indian. We will start with traditional stuff, and gradually move to contemporary steps towards the second half of our act.” Isha’s act will last nearly an hour.

One of the highlights of the performance will be Isha dancing on the head of a man. “We will also be using a rope. We call this aerial dancing, and it’s tremendously fascinating to watch. I wish I could get a chance to do such performances in India; where I have hardly done this kind of stuff.”

Photo with JackSoN

Isha is worried that, given the high level of security for the King and Jackson, she might not get a chance to meet JackSoN. “I hope I get some photographs clicked with him,” she says. “So I can bring them to India and flaunt them to everyone. And nobody could say I made it up,” she laughs. “ I am having a great time. My entire family is here, and it’s a lot of fun.”

http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/december/125946.htm

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
You know I read about that. I haven't seen any pics yet though. ...I mean, if people were allowed to take pictures.

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't mind seeing MJ again. It's like a treat to see him. :lol:

MJSpice2

Well the event happenend allrite but no news on MJ being there or the dancer meeting him :S:S. Maybe they didn't allow any photographs to be taken of MJ at all. :S:S Will keep checking though.
From MJSpice
P.S: For the confused ones, I live in Oman. :D

MJSpice2

No I ain't kiddin! I do live in Oman! :D
BTW, about MJ's pics, sorry dudes. I've looked in every local newspaper but tis I dun think they allowed to have any of his pics be taken at all. :( I will keep looking though. :)
From MJSpice
P.S: InspirationMoonwalks, if u wanna come, no prob. XD