Another one of my crazy ideas....

xenedra

It has long been an obsession of mine to get into Michael's brain gizmo, so here's the latest thought I had: :whistling

Ok so...MJ was eager to tell interviewers like Ebony that Dirty Diana was about a groupie. But - he also said the song was very meaningful to him and he was proud of it lyrically. But...proud about dissing groupies? mmmmeh. I think not so much anymore. ..*maybe* he was proud that he got something off his chest on the sly??? He often wrote double entendres into his lyrics to air his dirty laundry imho. Keep in mind that he said publicly and also thru LaToya, "anything you want to know about me, just read in my lyrics. That says it all."

ok...so maybe Dirty Diana was *indeed* about Diana Ross all along like people *first* guessed (because it made sense to anyone who saw them together!), but written in a way to disguise it just enough to make it plausible that it was not- yet providing him with a way to get the message out loud and clear to the woman who broke his heart? So all he needs to do is set the media throng into motion, make the assertion about groupies being the inspiration...spread a couple rumors and voila! he manipulates the media machine for his own purposes.

Check this out and tell me if I'm off my rocker or not...and remember- he was newly very agressive-angry during the BAD tour/album...well dance/performance wise anyway in opposition to his former innocent playfulness- in addition he was noticably less outgoing socially than he had been in the past. ...and he was visibly angry during that awards show where he had to be around Diana after she got married, notoriously. He had a new, sexier attitude, and he was openly miffed she got married because he thought she was going to marry *him* - ("shes like My mother/sister/lover all wrapped up in one...") he said tellingly in an interview before he went AWOL from the media... and later he said he felt lied to or foolish that he got his heart broken by her. Quoted on that in many recorded places.

Can't help but think this isn't just my own rampant speculation on this one. I mean, this...epihany so to speak that I've had (and probably many people before me) makes WAY too much sense. .
..but I'm quite open to someone shutting me down here and putting me back in my place. lol :rolleyes:

...but hear me out first :consider

(my comments will be in parenthesis)

Oh No . . .
Oh No . . .
Oh No . . .

(Michael to Diana:)
You'll Never Make Me Stay (ultimatum time...I can't do this with you anymore)
So Take Your weight Off Of Me (literal, and metaphorical- she was weighing on his emotions, heart)
I Know Your Every Move (I've figured you out)
So Won't You Just Let Me Be (I’m tired of you playing games with me)
I've Been Here Times Before (this relationship between them was over a period of years)
But I Was Too Blind To See (naive)
That You Seduce Every Man (he's sayin she liked to f*ck around in his opinion)
This Time You Won't Seduce Me (accuses her of seducing him before, taking his innocence maybe?- says it's gonna stop ...maybe HE actually ended their supposed affair- and not the other way around- when he found out she was engaged behind his back??? Hmm?) ( - ALSO: *this time* you won't seduce me? Like he'd screw a groupie to begin with, much less have there be more than one time between them...had to be a relationship.)

She's Saying That's Ok (she tried her best to seduce him again anyway- doesn't matter if I'm ENGAGED to be married...I'll still screw you too...lol - OR- she's trying to pretend she doesnt care)
Hey Baby Do What You Please (she says end it if you want MJ...)
I Have The Stuff That You Want (but you gonna miss me when I'm gone...)
I Am The Thing That You Need (She's the first woman he wanted that kind of intimacy with...and he wants her bad...hmmm?)
She Looked Me Deep In The Eyes (gains his trust)
She's Touchin' Me So to start (she touches him, uses his physical desires to rope-a-dope him)
She Says There's No Turnin' Back (she says oh no you don't reject me! I'm gonna have you if I want you...perhaps?)
She Trapped Me In Her Heart (and she's right, because he *LOVED* her)

Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, No
Dirty Diana
Let Me Be! (he says quit doing this to me!)

Oh No . . .
Oh No . . .
Oh No . . .

She Likes The Boys In The Band (Motown artists, Jackson 5)
She Knows When They Come To Town (cuz...she's a Motown artist...cuz Mike lived with her...cuz of Berry etc...duh)
Every Musician's Fan (Motown artists…again, she slept around with the artists supposedly)
After the Curtain Comes Down (after the show, when nobody is looking...etc)
She Waits At Backstage Doors (metaphorically she lurks in the background to sink her teeth into men who are already married like Gordy whom she had a LONG affair with, also literal back stages…)
For Those Who Have Prestige (i.e. the Berry Gordy affair, the wealthy dude she later married in Switzerland…maybe even Michael himself…)
Who Promise Fortune And Fame, (referring to Berry,…& her eventual husband...& Michael...)
A Life That's So Carefree (the dude she married, living the high life with him in Swizerland)
She's Saying That's Ok (implies MJ's opinion of her low morals, willing to sleep with married men…had a baby with Barry Gordy...a 'love child' lol even)
Hey Baby Do What You Want (I don’t care if you’re married…I’ll wait)
I'll Be Your Night Lovin' Thing (either she was a HO!- or he could be calling her one, out of anger maybe?)
I'll Be The Freak You Can Taunt (damn...)
And I Don't Care What You Say (she doesn't care about MJ's moral stance)
I Want To Go Too Far (I don't care who I hurt)
I'll Be Your Everything (I'll love you...or pretend to...use my womanly wiles to get you ) (MJ was reportedly very suspicious of women in general- thinking they used their sexuality for power over men- reportedly, he was always suspicious in his relationships because of what happened with Diana (see: Taborelli books)- he felt seduced, used...and according to the youtube audio Glenda tapes 1-4, Glenda warned him not to let his past experience sabotage his current relationships by letting his propensity toward paranoia take over because of being hurt in the past by a "maneater". MJ was also called mysogynistic for this very reason by Rabbi Schmuley)
If You Make Me A Star (Berry Gordy especially, + the artists she associated with to increase her star power...and Michael surely as well...)

Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, No
Dirty Diana . . .
Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, No
Dirty Diana . . .
Diana!
Diana!
Dirty Diana!
It's Dia . . .Aa . . .Aa . . .
Come On!

She Said I Have To Go Home (to Michael)
'Cause I'm Real Tired You See (he's calling her a liar)
But I Hate Sleepin' Alone (he's calling her a slut)
Why Don't You Come With Me (he's calling her a seducer)
I Said My Baby's At Home (LaToya — he referred to her as his baby in lyrics and this is a fact they both corroborated- they were close. He wrote WBSS about her in fact)
She's Probably Worried Tonight (LaToya= nut)
I Didn't Call On The Phone (he says I forgot to check in)
To Say That I'm Alright (to let LaToya know when rehearsal ran late, as she was there to keep an eye on him, per Katherine.)

Diana Walked Up To Me, (to Michael during their affair, wanting his attention)
She Said I'm All Yours Tonight (probably during a 'Wiz' reharsal)
At That I Ran To The Phone (he's excited, wants to be with Diana cuz he loves her)
Sayin' Baby I'm Alright (to tell LaToya so she wouldn’t call his mother, Katherine and blab on him)
I Said But Unlock The Door, (they were on their own in NY- and he was notoriously running around enjoying his freedom)
Because I Forgot The Key, (to their New York Apt- THIS had to have been during the Wiz!!!)
She Said He's Not Coming Back (out loud to LaToya as MJ is talking to her)
Because He's Sleeping With Me! (probably out loud so LaToya could hear…I can just see her saying that and laughing!)

Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, No
Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana, Nah
Dirty Diana . . .
Come On!
Come On!
Come On!
Come On!...

(Why else would his background vocals sound like he's crying...hmm? He's not gonna cry over a groupie makin moves on him.. :p)

True songwriters write from personal experience.

This is just an educated guess I am making. I like to look at all sides of the issue where MJ is concerned..and undeniably he was 'crazy like a fox' - smart.

SoooooOOOooo...tell me. :bs ? ...or :ph34r: ? ....opinions? ???? Or, lol...should I just stop freakin' thinking so much?

:blackeye please dont hurt me! lol!

Teva

Hi Xendra,

Interesting but I think it is really about groupies. It's in keeping with Billie Jean and Dangerous. Michael really wasn't impressed with groupies and besides he willed his kids to Diana. The feeling could not have been that hard.

Daffodil-Dreams

Maybe it was one of those songs that had double meaning like Xendra said? I mean maybe it was about both Diana Ross and groupies. Maybe he saw her as a groupie in a way? However, I don't know. Just a thought.

Pirate.

I dunno. I think its about groupies. Michael was usually pretty straightforward with his lyrics and he had already written about his annoyance with groupies before (See: Billie Jean), so I'm leaning towards that.