\"Billie Jean\" Named Greatest Single of 80\'s

Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' named greatest single of the eighties

Washington: Michael Jackson's hit ‘Billie Jean’ has been named the greatest single of the Eighties by a music magazine.

The 1983 track from the 1982 album ‘Thriller’ was voted the top tune of the decade by experts for British music bible Q.

It was one of the only hits he wrote alone and during a TV performance he debuted what would become his signature dance move, the moonwalk.

The song beat off competition from New Order's electro pop tune ‘Blue Monday’, which was released four times and peaked at No3 when it was remixed in 1988.

Prince's 1986 song ‘Kiss’ made it to the number three spot, ahead of ‘Walk This Way’ by Run-DMC featuring Aerosmith. ‘Sweet Child O' Mine’ by Guns N' Roses came fifth, reports Contactmusic.

‘The Joshua Tree’ by U2 was voted the greatest album of the Eighties.

Top songs of the eighties:

1. Michael Jackson's ‘Billie Jean’

2. New Order's ‘Blue Monday’

3. Prince's ‘Kiss’

4. ‘Walk This Way’ by Run-DMC featuring Aerosmith

5. Guns N' Roses’ ‘Sweet Child O' Mine’.

-- Asian News International (ANI)

source link

Not surprising, :lol , but awesome to hear at the same time! :D "Billie Jean" is the song that got me into Michael's music in the first place! LOL! And it still remains one of my favorites. It's BRILLIANT. :8-26-03respect:

HeavenSent

Nope, not surprising at all. B) Billie Jean gets credit for being timeless too. I think you can pretty much play it without feeling like you're in a timewrap.

And it's funny. These type of lists forces me to wonder what songs would make up the greatest of the '00s; like what would be that one hit that decidedly surpasses them all.

I cringe to think.

minnie yu

oh yes..of course Mike has always been the best and will always be..:8-26-03fruits_apple billie jean is a song u could listen to it anytime anywhere without thinking about what era this song was come from...MIke's music is timeless like those bright stars in the sky..they have been there and will always be there..all of the people from generation to generation they gonna have a chance to admire Mike's songs..that's the legend..

i am also glad to see Gun&roses" sweet child o'mine" is on the list..good luck...i am very in it ..:wink

mcilroga

InspirationMoonwalks said:
"Billie Jean" is the song that got me into Michael's music in the first place! LOL! And it still remains one of my favorites. It's BRILLIANT. :8-26-03respect:

I like all the Billie Jean performances. I like to see Mike kick in the air at the beginning and end lol.. :)