Bob Jones Passed away!

MJlover01

Bob Jones Died. 23-09-'08

Last Saturday, Bob Jones passed away. He suffered a heart attack after returning from a bike ride.

For many years Bob Jones ran the PR department of Motown. In 1987, he left the record label to work as Michael Jackson's publicist at MJJ Productions until 2004.

Bob Jones was Michael Jackson’s public relations chief for 34 years, as well as Executive Vice President of Jackson’s entertainment company. Having worked with Michael both as a solo artist and as a member of the Jackson 5, Bob Jones has been the most visible and well-known representative for Michael throughout his career.

He was also instrumental in creating Jackson’s contemporary persona, and was the first to dub Jackson the "King of Pop" in the early 90’s. Because of their long-standing relationship, Bob Jones is in the unique position of being able to offer an honest and comprehensive look behind the scenes and into the truth of what goes on at the Neverland ranch.
Bob_Jones.jpg

We send our heartfelt condolences to Mr. Jones' family.

Source: Billie Jean

Ben

I'm not celebrating the death of Bob Jones. But in the last few years of his life he was proven to be a liar and a horrible man, who claimed Michael had an eye for young boys, an affair with Jordan Chandler and licked Gavin's face on a plane flight whilst he was a sleep (a lie Bob Jones admitted was false in the 2005 trial). I have no respect for such a horrible man, though I didn't wish death on him.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. :( Though his actions over the past few years have dismayed me (to say the very least..), I'm still sad to hear this. I mean, he was there, one way or the other, since the beginning...RIP.

Ben

I'm not to sure how involved Bob Jones was with the Jackson 5 at Motown. All I know is that Michael has known him since the Motown day, and my have just been a associate not a friend back then.

Bob Jones really worked with Michael from 1987, but I'm not to sure how involved he was with MJJ Productions since the mid the late 1990's. It doesn't look like Michael had much need for him then, and was using other people to handle his PR etc. I presume Michael kept Bob Jones on his payroll for years, without him doing much work. It's also highly possible considering what a horrible and two faced liar Bob Jones was, that he had been selling lies to the media as a "source" since the early 1990's.

I don't find his death sad, and I don't see it as something to celebrate. But it should be remembered he was one of the people to tried to bring Michael down, when Michael was at his lowest.

frozen rose

The last I heard of him was on the television programme about Michael Jackson throughout his career and childhood...I honestly cannot remember the name.

But like "Ben" stated, how he acted through the recent years towards Michael was...as what I could see...out of character. He seemed to have a real chip on his shoulder about Michael.

However, it is shocking news. I didn't know who he was until I saw the picture -//-. Now I know who he is.

Rest in peace.

MJlover01

I know what Jones have done lately but,
It was an article on another site, so i thought lets bring the news on mjeol.com

Its sad to hear a Human is passed away,
But i don't celebrate it neither.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
My condolences to his family. Seeing as he all but accused Mike of being a child molester... I'll just wish his family well.