Breaking?: Brittany Murphy Dies of Cardiac Arrest

HeavenSent

This from TMZ. I happened to see this on the KOP board and brought it over here. As of my post, I didn't yet see any other sources are reporting this, hence the ? in the title. If it's true, RIP...:(

Brittany Murphy Dies

399px-Brittany_Murphy.jpg

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:37PM by TMZ Staff

Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-mur.../#ixzz0aG2NHvA3

HeavenSent

She's had some drug abuse problems, maybe that was a contributing factor...this is so senseless, if that was the case.

She was so adorable in Clueless.

oldschoolfan

Is this actually true or are they just taking the piss because Michael happened to die in a very similar circumstance? God I hope it's not true, it's like dejavu all over again. I think I'm going to go watch TV and find out, because all the morning shows are on and they have all that celebrity crap. I'll let you know if I find out the truth...

Saphster

I was just about to post this! WTF is up with this?? Cardiac arrest at 32 years old?

Am I the only one who is finding this VERY odd? Or am I just going crazy?!

HeavenSent

Guess we'll have to wait until more news rolls in. A quick google search shows that basically everyone is reporting what tmz has reported.

oldschoolfan

It's not impossible, but yeah this is very Michael.
I've seen it on the news and it looks like it is actually true, they are talking about her like she has actually died, it just hasn't been confirmed. If she's had eating disorders and drug problems it could have taken it's toll. Plus Tom Green has said something on Twitter.
It's just suss because 1. it's TMZ, and 2. Michael died in exactly the same way.

oldschoolfan

Yeah she's dead.

I feel so terrible for her fans, they must be panicking right now. Ugh, I don't like this feeling, it's all too real...

HeavenSent

oldschoolfan;230471 said:
and 2. Michael died in exactly the same way.
He died at the hands of a careless doctor. One misstep and hell broke loose. I know everyone's gonna look at parallels and I'm not denying Michael's problems with weight/prescription drugs, but I fear that once again, the media is gonna sweep Murray and all those Dr. Feel Goods under the rug and only look at the person who can no longer speak or defend himself.

oldschoolfan

What I mean is Michael died of a heart attack in his own home and was rushed to hospital. I'm not talk about his drug and weight issues or murder.

HeavenSent

oldschoolfan;230476 said:
What I mean is Michael died of a heart attack in his own home and was rushed to hospital. I'm not talk about his drug and weight issues or murder.

Oh okay. You mentioned eating disorders/drugs in your post, I thought that's what you meant. Yeah, it does seem very surreal, though.

Cristine87

2009 is f*cking cursed! I'm so sad to read this. She was only 32 years old and I loved Clueless, she was adorable. Not to mention she dies around christmas. I really feel bad for her family and her husband. She said she wanted to have a baby in 2010. Ugh, when I saw this pop up on my yahoo main page, I felt a painful tug in my heart because of the memories it brought back of June 25th. :(

sweet princess

I send my love & prayers to her family, friends & fans.

Britney, Michael's waiting for you, he'll take good care of you.
Please give him a hug for us.

HeavenSent

CNN just reported robbery and homicide detectives were on the scene at her apartment, so...Wow. Not cut and dry, it appears. No other details yet..

OneMoreChance

HeavenSent;230488 said:
CNN just reported robbery and homicide detectives were on the scene at her apartment, so...Wow. Not cut and dry, it appears. No other details yet..

Just about every death that isn't obvious is always treated as a homicide until evidence says otherwise. It's standard procedure.

HeavenSent

I was actually quoting CNN word for word in that post. Indeed homicide is detectives are common. It was really more the robbery aspect that piqued my curiosity.