Brother: Jackson \'at peace\' and recovering from trial

Tiger Lilly

Brother: Jackson 'at peace' and recovering from trial

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Michael Jackson is "at peace" as he recovers from the ordeal of his molestation trial, his brother Jermaine said Wednesday.

"Michael is recovering, but it's a time (to) rejoice for the family," Jermaine Jackson said on CNN's "Larry King Live." "He's at peace and we're very happy."

He added that his brother was "sort of not eating." Pressed on the issue, he said his brother "was eating sandwiches and things like that but it was just very tough."

Jermaine Jackson would not say where his brother has been staying since being acquitted Monday of molesting a 13-year-old boy, plying him with alcohol and holding his family captive to rebut a documentary in which Jackson admitted having non-sexual sleepovers with young boys.

He said he didn't know if the pop star would want to do an interview.

"I'm pretty sure he's just looking to rest. That's what's most important, to rest and get his mind back and focus on being a person -- nothing about doing this or doing that but just resting," he said.

When asked whether the entertainer might move somewhere else, Jermaine Jackson said, "We've always had a love for other places outside the U.S."

He added that his family was concerned for their safety.

"I fear sometimes when I'm out. Now that Michael's been vindicated, we all have to be careful. ... You never know what someone's plotting and planning," he said.

Source: http://www.courttv.com/trials/jackson/051605_ap.html

You rest and relax Michael. :D You deserve it. :heart2:

Kelly281

Thanks for posting that, I missed the interview yesterday.. so glad he's just at peace at the moment, he totally deserves it!

Black Loafers

Jermaine is soo right..I think it's the best for michael to just rest now..Michael hunny you have to eat..! I am worried about you..:(

danaluvsmj

aww this article is so sad. I really hope Michael will eat and take care of himself and get some rest. I would be heartbroken if he left the US, but I wouldn't blame him.

HotMJ!

When Geraldo asked him, what was the most difficult point of his life, Michael said this false accusation and its (legal) aftermath was the most difficult, what he said was that "now" was the most difficult.

That always scared me. But he also said he was a very strong person, thank God.

It's unbelievable that the media has hounded him for more than a decade and continues to do so, even after hearing the evidence presented in this trial.

I hope that Michael's lawyers go after the media big time, and Sneddon too. He should have Mesereau and libel attorney Lin Wood go after the media and the Santa Maria D.A.'s office.

:sneddoncr Sneddon SUED

privacy

Thanks Gem :)

It's nice to hear about him.. and it's nice that no-one's saying, "he's fine" etc.. I hate being brushed off like that.