Channeling Michael\'s Spirit?

HeavenSent

I don't either. I don't latch on to stuff like this easily, because there's still too much that I don't understand. Just thought it would be interesting to discuss or get imput from those who either believe or disbelieve.

R e a f u

Well I'm not sure if this would be a channeling...but I'll share anyways. To start off, I honestly believe in the paranormal, life after death, spirits and the idea that some people have psychic abilities(heck, ever since I was a kid, I've always had these precognitive visions from time to time) and all that. Religion or not, I just can't accept that when you die, it ends here. I believe that there is such a thing as being visited by spirits of the dead/archangels and having them intervene when a person needs it....Now for my story...

I remember it being a Thursday, a week after Michael died. I was an absolute wreck. I'd start crying at a drop of a hat, I was starting to loose weight, my family didn't feel right leaving me alone especially with the news of fans killing themselves and I had already had a bout of depression in my late teens till 20. My mother and stepfather had to force me eat, she'd actually text me "Please don't forget to eat something honey." . I was in such a state, from the 25th till the Thursday, I had to take really strong narcotic sleeping pills just to calm down and sleep, and to be honest, I could care less if I overdosed or not, at that point, with all that was going on in my personal life...this was the final nail in the coffin for me. So this Thursday it was 4 in the morning. After praying and asking God "why" and to take me instead, I crawled into bed. Did I forget to mention taking these sleeping pills combined with my mental and emotional state made me end up with a bad case of the shakes? I couldn't walk or hold anything without visibly shaking! So I'm in bed, shaking away and I start to feel this pressure on my chest, so I lift my head up, thinking mom or someone came in to check up on me, no one is there. The pressure increases and it starts to feel like someone is leaning over me. And then, it feels like someone is cradling my head and hugging me! And this isn't just a quick hug either, this is a hug for dear life, a hug like someone is trying to tell me everything will be alright. And you know what? As I was being hugged, I stopped shaking, I stopped crying and for the first time in days I just felt peace. This deep, calm feeling like my world wasn't falling apart in huge chunks. After that, I had the first restful sleep in days. I just had to know who came into my room, but I wanted to wait a day to see if I'd remember it. On Saturday I asked mom if she came into my room and described the hug. She simply said I was visited by God, but when I described it to another friend on an MJ board, she says it was Mike, either way, I thank whoever it was for that hug. As the days passed, I started to feel a little better and stopped taking the sleeping pills and eat again. Also I noticed over the days after that, that person would make their presence known in little ways. Like I remember sitting in the basement, playing a game on my ps2 to take my mind off of things, but someone kept playing with my hair! They'd wrap the curls around their fingers and stuff...now we know guys like to do stuff like that :p. Another morning I felt someone stroke my cheek as I woke up. While at work, even though I swore I'd never listen to Mike's songs again, one would pop up in my head and while I'd sing it to myself I would feel someone walking behind me. Now I can tell the difference between a walmart customer sneaking up behind me and this. When I finally caved in and watched the Smooth Criminal video on my iPod, I was in my computer chair and I felt that someone behind me. I don't know...my gut tells me it has to be Michael or at least someone who's really friendly:lol! And still every now and again when I listen to his music, that spirit is there. I guess I'm just lucky that I've always been sensitive to these sort of things(I was visited by a guardian angel once before, sure I heard my pet bunny's spirit making noise in the kitchen where her cage was. Oh and I remember my Great Aunt stopping by for a spell :p.)!

Hope y'all don't think I'm nuts :unsure:!

HeavenSent

That gave me chills, Leah. When you mentioned feeling pressure while in bed...About 2 months ago, I had what you call an episode of 'sleep paralysis' where you're in between walking up/falling asleep. I remember seing a figure (definitely not Michael, though) in my peripheral vision and I tried to move and at least scream at it, but I couldn't. It was like I was being held down.

The next day, webMD pretty much confirmed that it common occurance for those who don't sleep regularly or follow a consistent pattern. Sure enough, I'd been sleep deprived and under stress.

And then, it feels like someone is cradling my head and hugging me! And this isn't just a quick hug either, this is a hug for dear life, a hug like someone is trying to tell me everything will be alright. And you know what? As I was being hugged, I stopped shaking, I stopped crying and for the first time in days I just felt peace. This deep, calm feeling like my world wasn't falling apart in huge chunks. After that, I had the first restful sleep in days.
What a wonderful feeling!

R e a f u

HeavenSent;223053 said:
That gave me chills, Leah. When you mentioned feeling pressure while in bed...About 2 months ago, I had what you call an episode of 'sleep paralysis' where you're in between walking up/falling asleep. I remember seing a figure (definitely not Michael, though) in my peripheral vision and I tried to move and at least scream at it, but I couldn't. It was like I was being held down.

The next day, webMD pretty much confirmed that it common occurance for those who don't sleep regularly or follow a consistent pattern. Sure enough, I'd been sleep deprived and under stress.

What a wonderful feeling!

Yeah it was an amazing feeling and I remember being wide awake since I was agitated all day! But when I got that hug, I lifted my head up, and fell asleep in an instant. Got a good 8 hours of sleep too :D!

Saphster

Sorry but I don't believe in all that. I don't believe in psychics or anything like that. I actually really don't like them. In my city, it's a pretty big thing here just like voodoo is. They have these people claiming they are psychics and tarot reading card people plop themselves right in-front of door of the big cathedral in the center of the city. I'm serious. You walk outside the church and there they are making quick bucks off of stupid tourists who believe in that. I believe people go to heaven after they die...but if they talk to other humans that are still alive? I'm not so sure...I've never had a supernatural experience and hopefully I never will! God knows good and well I'd have a heart attack.

I just hope Michael knows we all loved him so much! I really hope he is in heaven. Just relaxing...living a youthful and happy eternity.

HeavenSent

I've had several supernatural experiences, though none as vivid as when my grandfather passed away upstate. The night before he passed, the family traveled to his home to help care for him but less than four hours later after our arrival, he died in his sleep in the living room.

Later that night as I was passing thru to get to the kitchen, I heard my name being called softly. But I wasn't scared. I remember pausing...then I smelled his shaving cream...then the sensation disappeared.

My belief in channeling is limited so to speak. I tend to believe it more when relatives are able to communicate in some way with those who have passed on. I don't find that unusual or strange in the least.

R e a f u

HeavenSent;223063 said:
I've had several supernatural experiences, though none as vivid as when my grandfather passed away upstate. The night before he passed, the family traveled to his home to help care for him but less than four hours later after our arrival, he died in his sleep in the living room.

Later that night as I was passing thru to get to the kitchen, I heard my name being called softly. But I wasn't scared. I remember pausing...then I smelled his shaving cream...then the sensation disappeared.

My belief in channeling is limited so to speak. I tend to believe it more when relatives are able to communicate in some way with those who have passed on. I don't find that unusual or strange in the least.

I've heard on tv once a guy saying that when people die, they usually will appear right afterwards or a few days after their death. Just to let people who were close to them know, things are okay.

LittleSusie50

I do believe in life after death. I'm not sure about this whole channeling thing.
Seems as if this person is saying what we all want to hear. I'm not sold.
For some reason, I do not believe that spirits connect with strangers, but I do believe they connect with their loved ones, meaning family members and close friends. I have had this experience with family members and a friend who passed. They are always fleeting and unexpected, but since I knew that person personally, I KNEW it was them. It can be comforting, scary, and sad at the same time. I guess I will never know for sure if it was my subconcious trying to comfort me, or if it was really real.
I think I mentioned this to you all before. I went to bed that Wednesday,
6-24-09, and I did not sleep one wink. I tossed and turned all night long. I just had this intense feeling of doom, like something really bad was either happening, or going to happen. I have had this feeling many times before, and the next day something would happen that was upsetting to me. But this time it was extremely intense. When I was washing my face that morning, I bent down to rinse, and I could swear someone was behind me, just looming, almost like something was trying to envelope me at that moment since my eyes were closed. I was really scared. I remember talking to my mother on the phone about an hour or so later, shortly after 12 noon in my city, and I had the weirdest feeling in my chest. It was not painful, I just couldn't breath and assumed that I was having a heart attack. I had never felt anything like it before, and just sat down to catch my breath for about 10 minutes. My mom was so worried she was gonna call an ambulance, but I told her I would be okay.
Hours later, I got the news, needless to say. I didn't remember any of this until she brought it up to me later that same evening, which made me cry even harder. Was that the reason I couldn't sleep? Was that the reason I felt this feeling of impending doom? I still struggle with this all the time.
Why would I get a warning? Why the loss of breath? Does it mean something, or was this all just a weird coincidence? The problem is, I will never know.
Never be able to get an answer, cuz no one can answer it.
Still scares me to this day, because I don't know what to make of it.
Why all this had to happen in the first place...:(

oldschoolfan

I definetly believe in the afterlife, I have a million stories. But I am a bit skeptical of a lot of psychics. Not all of them, the pschics who help in solving murders I believe a bit more than your regular old person who claims to be one. I am not so sure about the ones on the radio either. Whenever a celebrity dies radio stations always get psychics in to try and channel them. Now I've never been dead before, but I'm sure Michael has better things to do than have a chat with some psychic on Australian radio, he never liked interviews anyway. And of course when it comes to Michael that person could through out any random information and people would believe it.

LittleSusie50

LMAO at Oldschoolfan!:lol
Its funny that you say Michael has better things to do.
George Carlin said the same thing about the afterlife in his last
comedy special on HBO shortly before he (Carlin) passed away.
He said he doesn't believe that spirits in the afterlife can intervene
on behalf of their loved ones who are still living...whatever happened to laying on a cloud and taking a harp lesson? Carlin said.

HeavenSent

LittleSusie50;223075 said:
whatever happened to laying on a cloud and taking a harp lesson? Carlin said.

That's funny. :lol

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind my loved ones communicating with me, especially if it was a sudden loss. It doesn't have to be in words, either. Just would like to have some kind of comfort.

danaluvsmj

I don't know about psychics, but I have do believe I've had experiences of dead loved ones contacting me while I'm half asleep, not quite awake. I even had some with Michael a couple of times. I think the dead have a lot to say to us, even if we can't understand what it is.

Juniorlady

danaluvsmj;223099 said:
I don't know about psychics, but I have do believe I've had experiences of dead loved ones contacting me while I'm half asleep, not quite awake. I even had some with Michael a couple of times. I think the dead have a lot to say to us, even if we can't understand what it is.

Good point. I'm kinda stuck between believing and not believing this stuff. But then again, maybe this is how the passed on communicate with us. They have this kind of stuff on Maury all the time. A person who lost a loved one would let a paranormal expert scan their home for any signs of the loved one. Sometimes they would sense his/her presence, or record whatever the spirit is "saying". Now that I think about it, last night, I was thinking about my great-grandmother who passed last year. I was thinking about that day, but it was suddenly blocked by good memories of her. I could almost feel myself hugging her again like she was near me.

I don't know if this has to do with the topic, but sometimes my dog would bark or growl for no reasons. Either he sensed someone else in my room, or he was just being his usual, crazy self.

LittleSusie50

My boyfriend who passed away a few years ago had a dog that had diabetes.
It was so bad, the dog had to have a shot every day, and was almost totally blind, but he was hanging in there. Still frisky and happy.
My boyfriend was hospitalized for about a week.
The dog died Saturday, he died Sunday.
The dog had been acting strange. It was like he knew.
I do believe there is a spiritual realm that can be tapped into from time to time. But people lie so much about Michael, it will take a lot to convince me. Only a family member can confirm this 'stuff.':idontknow