Charles Thomson and the media on MJ

missclimpson

Both of them did while he was alive. Some people have met Thompson and seem to like him but he wasn't a nice person at all on the forums. He's got such a big head about being a journalist. There are very few journalists I respect. Linda Deutsch of AP is the only one that comes to mind right now.

Sydney

How do you feel about Aphrodite Jones? Is she for real, or just messing with MJ fans to sell books? I really like her, but some fans are suspicious, and I don't blame them.

Marina

Sydney;237046 said:
How do you feel about Aphrodite Jones? Is she for real, or just messing with MJ fans to sell books? I really like her, but some fans are suspicious, and I don't blame them.

Aphrodite Jones was probably the sole (?) journalist who wrote a well documented book trying to prove that Michael was innocent. As for being "real" who knows what her motives were? She was one journalist who stood up for Michael on the record, and did numerous interviews to promote her book.

Geraldo Rivera was another one who believed in Michael's innocence and got access to Michael for a few interviews. If there were any others who believed in his innocence, (and I don't think there were any others), they kept silent. Now Rivera has reverted back to his old ways. The media, faux "BFFs," sycophants, hangers-on -- all of them relentlessly used, harrassed and abandoned Michael right up to the day he died - and they're still slandering him.

Sydney

I think us fans know more than they do. We make it our business to know. They are in it for the money we are in it because we care.

shelly

Sydney;237046 said:

I think she is genuine. At least she defended him when he was alive. She went to talk shows to say he was innocent which is not an easy thing to do and she started her blog at the same time and I don't think she earned lots of money with her books. At least she is doing the right thing and is not an opportunist.

Sydney;237051 said:
I think us fans know more than they do. We make it our business to know. They are in it for the money we are in it because we care.

If only Michael knew this before he died... I wonder if he knew this?? :( (((hugs to you Sydney :) )

missclimpson

I think Thompson was a fan but he was always angry with Michael. I don't know what his problem was; he seemed to want Michael to be someone he wasn't. I personally think Michael was just exhausted by the trial and the accusations and he had nothing left to give. People, including fans, were so critical of him, the way he looked, his hair, his behavior. I can't imagine living with that, being criticized, accused, and ridiculed for years on end.

missclimpson;237126 said:
I think Thompson was a fan but he was always angry with Michael.

:glare: Because Mike mimed and lip synched during his Dangerous and most esp. almost all his concerts on HIStory!!! Like, to him it was SO BIG OF A DEAL that the King Of Pop would do this on his LIVE concerts! But now that Mike passed, he still comments about miming and lip syching on Mike's THIS IS IT rehearsals although he said on his blog that Mike was able to pull through esp. his moves (although I think he mentioned that sometimes, you can tell by the way Mike's moves and dance how it's affected by his age and of course the body pain) and some songs where he was singing LIVE! Now, Mike's dead.... :(

Saphster

annelise;236921 said:
what a bitch! she had the opportunity of a lifetime to work with the greatest entertainer ever and she talks about him like that:8-26-03ranting:
What pepsi kid? was it cartlon in the prince of belair?
why people find it wreird that Michael was around kids anyway? thye have a sick mind and think of it as dating

She obviously will never understand Michael's intentions with wanting to make this f-cked up world a better place to raise the next generations in.

:rolleyes: Some people are so blind when it comes to Michael. They join the band wagon and call him weird or think that he is weird.

Sydney;237046 said:

I will get her book. I think it will be the greatest work of literature I will ever buy in this lifetime. If you're still not sure about her just watch this video. She is talking about the things she saw during the trial and how police were pretty much playing mind games with gavin trying to make him confess to something that never happened.

http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/the-michael-jackson-conspiracy-what-you-didnt-hear.html

missclimpson

I don't really get the criticism about miming. Of course everyone wants to see a truly live performance but Michael's concerts were to a large degree visual experiences. People also wanted to see him dance and it's very difficult to dance and sing at the same time. Also, concerts are so noisy, I wonder how you can even tell whether the singing is live or not. I think Michael wanted to give people the best quality performances he could and he probably knew that would mean not being able to sing everything live.

I don't go to many concerts (by any artist) because nearly all of them have horrible sound.

Teva

Saphster;237161 said:
I will get her book. I think it will be the greatest work of literature I will ever buy in this lifetime. If you're still not sure about her just watch this video. She is talking about the things she saw during the trial and how police were pretty much playing mind games with gavin trying to make him confess to something that never happened.
http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/the-michael-jackson-conspiracy-what-you-didnt-hear.html

Yeah I read her book, it was very revealing.

Cristine87

missclimpson;237327 said:
I don't really get the criticism about miming. Of course everyone wants to see a truly live performance but Michael's concerts were to a large degree visual experiences. People also wanted to see him dance and it's very difficult to dance and sing at the same time. Also, concerts are so noisy, I wonder how you can even tell whether the singing is live or not. I think Michael wanted to give people the best quality performances he could and he probably knew that would mean not being able to sing everything live.

I don't go to many concerts (by any artist) because nearly all of them have horrible sound.

Michael didn't always lipsynch though. He sang live many times and sounded great. He was a phenomenal singer. I have an issue when an artist who just flat out doesn't have a good singing voice gets a record deal, gets auto-tuned in the studio and then mimes there way through all their live-performances. I'm like why the f*ck did they get a recording contract if they can't sing?

MJfan01'

Michael did sing full live up until his "Bad" tour. He should have sang live more than he did because he did have the ability. With that said, I wouldn't have cared as long as the concert is great. :wub:

shelly

[quote name="shelly"]
Shannon;236915 said:
Alright, but that was 'one time.' We all have to start some place, we can not judge someone based on their past job, at least not this time. He's handled the case with MJ + the media really well in my eyes and he's gained my respect. What he worked as or where he worked in the past doesn't matter all too much, the present time is much more important to me - and so far, I think he deserves some credit.

Yes bu he was still working for the Sun in November. He said the tabloid asked him to send them information about Jackson for their article on Evan Chandler suicide and all he had to say was refused. I think he was working occasionally with the Sun. I think everyone had to earn money to live and I think he really try to say the truth about MJ but sometimes he does that clumsily.:unsure:[/quote]