\'Dancing With the Stars\' plans Jackson tribute

Cristine87

'Dancing With the Stars' plans Jackson tribute

(AP) — 21 hours ago

NEW YORK – "Dancing With the Stars" says it plans to honor Michael Jackson with a special performance by the 16 professional dancers participating in this season's competition.

The hour will pay tribute to the King of Pop with a medley of Jackson songs representing different eras of his long career, in a fusion of classic ballroom and Latin styles.

One member of the "Dancing With the Stars" troupe, Cheryl Burke, says Jackson and his music are "an inspiration to every dancer." Being part of this tribute, she says, "is an honor."

The program airs Tuesday at 9 p.m. Eastern on ABC.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hMqnF66b4mPMy2TPPZwXl1B-mAyQD9BBNE4O0

I will be seeing this cause I liked the tribute they did to Patrick Swayze, so I could imagine that this one will be really good.

LittleSusie50

They did one before for the anniversary of Thriller.
I believe Travis Payne was in it, can't really remember.
Mario was also in it.
It was cool.

HeavenSent

It's on tomorrow, don't forget :)

Dancing with the Stars' Cheryl Burke talks Michael Jackson's influence & show tribute
October 17, 2:06 PM

A tribute to Michael Jackson will take place this Tuesday, October 20, on Dancing with the Stars. Dancer on the show, and one of the choreographers of the tribute, Cheryl Burke in a new interview with MTV, discusses the influence that Michael Jackson has had on her decision to become a dancer.

Burke says of MJ, "He was a huge influence for me in my dancing career," she said on the red carpet of last night's Los Premios MTV awards show. "I think a lot of us professional dancers can say the same. So we're really excited about it." When asked of her favorite MJ song, Burke replied, "'Thriller' is one of my favorites of all time." She continued, "I just did an interview with La Toya Jackson, and she was like, 'Cheryl, don't let us down!' So, you know, no pressure!"

MTV reports, "All 16 of the pros on the show. Several eras of Jackson's career will be incorporated into the final product, and a total of three songs will be featured."

HeavenSent

God, I hope not. Usually the pros come out somewhere in the middle to do their thing and the end is where they announce who's eliminated. Hang in here, girl!

Cristine87

OMG, his family's there! I'm sorry to go here but why do Jermaine and Latoya always have to throw themselves in front of the damn camera every chance they get! Geez! I'm irritated with them already!

MJfan01'

Cristine87;223417 said:
OMG, his family's there! I'm sorry to go here but why do Jermaine and Latoya always have to throw themselves in front of the damn camera every chance they get! Geez! I'm irritated with them already!

Kathrine is there as well.

Saphster

Wow his mother is there? This is surprising to me. She doesn't normally go out and about to see things like these about Michael...

It doesn't come on yet where I live....

I just feel so sad.

HeavenSent

Everytime I see Katherine my heart breaks. Outliving her son... Helping to raise his children... Not knowing the outcome of the investigation...You have to be a strong, strong woman.

I won't criticize the family for being there tonight, I'm not going there. But it would be nice if LaToya wasn't grinning so HARD. :rolleyes:

R e a f u

Saphster;223423 said:
Wow his mother is there? This is surprising to me. She doesn't normally go out and about to see things like these about Michael...

It doesn't come on yet where I live....

I just feel so sad.

I'm sure clips of it will appear online soon. Don't worry.

R e a f u

HeavenSent;223425 said:
Everytime I see Katherine my heart breaks. Outliving her son... Helping to raise his children... Not knowing the outcome of the investigation...You have to be a strong, strong woman.

I won't criticize the family for being there tonight, I'm not going there. But it would be nice if LaToya wasn't grinning so HARD. :rolleyes:
you noticed the Cheshire cat smile too huh? And yeah...I've heard it said "no parent wants to bury their child...no matter what age they are when they die..."