Day 1: Jan 31 2005 Official Thread w/ TV alerts etc

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
r213707694.jpg

Fans wait in the morning cold to support Michael Jackson before the start of his child molestation trial at the Santa Barbara County Courthouse in Santa Maria January 31, 2005. Jury selection is expected to take a month for the long awaited trial. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith

r567317521.jpg

Fans wait in the morning cold to support Michael Jackson before the start of his child molestation trial at the Santa Barbara County Courthouse in Santa Maria January 31, 2005. Jury selection is expected to take a month for the long awaited trial. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith

capt.tjs10401311619.michael_jackson_tjs104.jpg

An unidentified supporter of pop singer Michael Jackson (news) stands outside the Santa Barbara County courthouse in Santa Maria, Calif., early Monday morning, Jan. 31, 2005. Jury selection was scheduled to begin later in the day for Jackson who is charged with child molestation. (AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian)

capt.tjs10301311608.michael_jackson_tjs103.jpg

Navi, left who is dressed like Michael Jackson (news), and Lynsey, from Essex, England, show their support for pop singer Michael Jackson outside the Santa Barbara County courthouse in Santa Maria, Calif., early Monday morning, Jan. 31, 2005. Jury selection was scheduled to began later in the day for Jackson who is charged with child molestation. (AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian)

capt.tjs10401310134.michael_jackson__tjs104.jpg

Supporter Susie Mumpfield stands outside the courthouse in Santa Maria, Calif., Sunday, Jan. 30, 2005, where the trial of pop singer Michael Jackson (news) is scheduled to start on Monday. Supporters and journalists gathered at the site on the day before the start of the trial for Jackson who is charged with child abuse. (AP Photo/Tom Stathis)

minnie michael

Originally posted by Michaels Lover
did you seeeee him!!! OMG!!!! :tooexcite :tooexcite :tooexcite :tooexcite :tooexcite

yes i see him, i canot believe i see him live..this is the first time i see our Michael live..and...not only myself..so many of CHinese fans like me see him live..we all here for him..Michael..you are soososoos innocent..aww...i love him..crying..he looks soososooooooooooo great!!!!! :tooexcite :tooexcite

Michaels Lover

Originally posted by minnie michael
yes i see him, i canot believe i see him live..this is the first time i see our Michael live..and...not only myself..so many of CHinese fans like me see him live..we all here for him..Michael..you are soososoos innocent..aww...i love him..crying..he looks soososooooooooooo great!!!!! :tooexcite :tooexcite
me too!!! OMG it's so amazing to see him!!!!!! :tooexcite :tooexcite :tooexcite :tooexcite :tooexcite :tooexcite
DIES

This Proceeding is predicted to last as long as 6-7hrs, it looks like it's going to be a long day (night for me) Michael looked so confident for all those who haven't saw any current footage ;)

~Jamie~

edit

Pop singer Michael Jackson (news), center, waves to fans as he, accompanied by defense lawyer Thomas Mesereau Jr., left, and an unidentified security person, arrives at the Santa Barbara County courthouse in Santa Maria, Calif., Monday, Jan. 31, 2005. Jury selection began Monday for Jackson who is charged with child molestation. (AP Photo/Michael Mariant)

~Jamie~

minnie michael

he looks so adorable..and Hongkong television said nothing bad about Michael..that's make me feel better..and that host said Michael looks very confidence and very easy, she also said Michael's lawyers are very professional ..and also said something nice about fans....thanks that host.. :D

right now..praying for Michael..do a great job in that courtroom, MIchael do a greatest job..do a greatest job... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

QuietSoul

Michael looked very handsome. :)

On BBC News 24 they're making a huge issue out of the number of fans outside the courts. They're reporting that 150-200 fans arrived, saying it is "considerably low when compared to other court appearances." Is that right?

privacy

Aww I haven't seen any footage yet but there should be something on Newsround soon :) They showed a brief clip to let people know what they'll be discussing and mom was like, "He looks thin, but strong."

And my mom is against him! I'm so proud of her. Not trying to start anything, but he does look skinny.. bless him. I love him.

minnie michael

donot listen to that Krissy, english television always has a bad opinion on Michael.donot believe them..Hongkong television said more than 3000 fans out here screaming Michael's name..i think Asia television is more positive than English..donot believe them..Michael there are courtless of people love you..NOT all of television said bad words about you..believe me..

privacy

Krys, if the numbers of fans are low, it's probably because a lot of them/us are saving up more money to go at a later date..

I can't believe people are making an issue over how many fans are there. If he had 3,000 they'd find something to complain about.

floacist

He looks beautiful, its good to see so many fans there. Right now all everyone can just P.U.S.H....pray until something happens.

QuietSoul

He does look small, but maybe not in an unhealthy way. Maybe he's dancing more now...

I'm feeling alright about it all actaully. I'm not nervous or scared anymore. I am, on the other hand, annoyed with reporters.

And thanks, Minnie and Chrissy. I'm not particularly bothered about how many fans turned up.. I just wanted to know if they were being negative again, and it seems like they may have been (when are they ever NOT negative? Some reporters really wind me up.)