Debbie files lawsuit against Jackson estate for legal bills

MJfan01'

The stage is set for a dogfight between Debbie Rowe and the Estate of Michael Jackson.

Rowe's lawyer, Eric George, filed legal papers asking the judge in the estate case to order the estate to pay Debbie Rowe's lawyer more than $175,000 for legal services in connection with the appointment of a guardian for Michael Jackson's three kids.

In the end, Katherine Jackson became guardian. But in his legal docs, George claims estate lawyer Howard Weitzman promised to "reimburse [George's firm] on Ms. Rowe's behalf." George says in his documents that MJ's kids benefited when she reached an agreement with Katherine on guardianship and visitation, and that's why he asked Weitzman to have the estate foot his legal bill.

But Howard Weitzman begs to differ, telling TMZ, "I had discussions with Mr. George about his request that the estate pay his fees on behalf of Debbie Rowe, but no agreement was ever reached."

George is asking for a total of $177,975. If the estate isn't ordered to pay ... George's only recourse is Debbie.http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/18/debbie-rowe-michael-jackson-howard-weitzman-estate-children-guardianship/#ixzz0iZTUOpyt

:rolleyes: Why should the Jackson estate pay her bills? :chairbeat It's always about money with this woman....

WHOOOA!!! I didn't expect that from Debbie's side of camp! :blink: I was thinking of her to speak up about her insight of the stun-gun incident even if it was not any of her biological kids was involved.... :blink:

MJfan01'

Sadly, I'm not surprised at all. She has gone to court on more the one occasion while Michael was alive. Every time she claimed she wanted some type of custody is she would receive money.

OneMoreChance

I expected her to go to court to see her children or something along those lines, but this is ridiculous! Hasn't she received enough money from Michael?:eek:hnoyoudidnt

MJfan01'

Jeniffer30;237118 said:
I expected her to go to court to see her children or something along those lines, but this is ridiculous! Hasn't she received enough money from Michael?:eek:hnoyoudidnt
ditto. I never believed she wanted to be a mom and there is a reason why she hasnt seen her kids since June 25th. She never wanted to be a mom and she needs to stop acting like it. Hanging around with Marc Schaffel is not a good look.

Marina

I was waiting for this. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it: I knew Team Rowe would come back for more. It was only a matter of time. It was never a question of if, but when.
If she hired a lawyer, guess what? HE needs to bill his client, and SHE needs to pay him. If she doesn't pay him, or if she can't pay him, HE needs to sue HER for the balance due. Michael's Estate isn't his ATM or her's.