Evidence \'late\' in Jackson case (Aug 6 2004)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Last Updated: Friday, 6 August, 2004, 16:11 GMT 17:11 UK

Evidence 'late' in Jackson case

Michael Jackson's lawyer has complained that he has not received lists of items seized during searches carried out as part of the singer's child abuse case.
Defence lawyer Robert Sanger said he had not received copies of several of the 70 search warrants in the case.

He is also awaiting nearly 50 affidavits that accompanied the search warrants, which prosecutors are legally required to provide, he said.

Mr Jackson has pleaded not guilty to 10 child molestation charges.

Public report

The defence team said it had received a list of items seized in only 18 of the searches, adding it had no way of knowing whether the information was complete and accurate.

Mr Sanger made the complaint in a sealed report last week, in anticipation of a case hearing due to be held by telephone on Friday.

Santa Barbara Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville made the report public on Thursday.

The complaint is the latest from the defence team alleging that prosecutors have been too slow to share their evidence against Mr Jackson.

Prosecutors have previously said they had provided information to defence lawyers as quickly as possible.

Mr Jackson's trial is due to begin at the end of January next year.

:nav Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/m...sic/3542798.stm

CypressHill

Damn straight. This "case" stinks so bad, i can smell it over here, imagine...here in Holland, and i can still smell it from here...that smell must be REAAAAAALLY bad. But seriously, the stuff the prosecutors gave to the defense was full of gaps and holes and it looked very clumsy and everything...there has been so many ridiculous things since the allegations broke (in the first charges conspiracy wasn't brought up) and later on they remove 2 charges and add conspiracy, yeah RIGHT! As if the family didn't remember being kidnapped when asked about what happened and later on they all the sudden remember "Oh yeah, we got kidnapped though..DANG..i must've forgot to tell that" The fact that moron Snedass chose for a Grand Jury and not a Preliminary hearing, well that alone explains it all .

ThrillerGirl_

This is so ridiculous. Hand over the damn "evidence"!! Yes.. there is no good evidence that's the damn point. I bet Sneddy is sitting there pulling his last hairs trying to think out how to sort this shit out :D. Makes me mad tho. This case stinks so much. It wont ever get through. I almost feel sorry for Sned :laugh ... this is just pathetic *shakes head* :blackeye

CypressHill

Almost feel sorry for him? I would rather punch myself in the face before ever trying to feel sorry for this bastard, trying to completely ruin a good person's life. For that alone the asswipe belongs in hell.

ThrillerGirl_

Originally posted by CypressHill
Almost feel sorry for him? I would rather punch myself in the face before ever trying to feel sorry for this bastard, trying to completely ruin a good person's life. For that alone the asswipe belongs in hell.

LOL. I was being sarcastic. No words can describe how much I hate that bastard. :pullhairo :tickingti He should go and rot in hell. :censored:

Tiger Lilly

Kinda reminds me of a little kid pretending he has something really important, but he won't hand it over cos he knows its not such a big deal as he makes it out to be! :laugh

Off_the_wall

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
Kinda reminds me of a little kid pretending he has something really important, but he won't hand it over cos he knows its not such a big deal as he makes it out to be! :laugh

:laugh