How did you feel when.....

MJ'sTink

How did you feel when (if you were alive or old enough) in 1993 when he was first accussed and then the second time around in 2003?

I don't remember 1993 because I was two, but in 03 I was 12, and I was so upset. At first I have to admit that I had my doubts, being so young you really don't know what to believe and back then I watched Spongebob (still do haha) instead of the news so I thought it might be true. Then my mom sat down with me and told me all the articles she had been reading and that she thought he didn't do anything this time or the first time and had me read the articles.
After that I was convinced he was innocent, thanks mom! But I hated that trial everyday I was nervous and I have never had a worse stomach ache waiting for that verdict holding onto my mom's and grandma's hand!

armcjackson

I remember a little bit about the trial. I can remember some losers on the bus talking about how he'd threw his baby over a balcony and that he was quilitier than O.J. I remember being really angry, and this was before I was a fan. I remember standing up for him even though I had no idea who he was.

Juniorlady

I was too young when the first allegations came out. But during the trial, I wasn't sure what to believe until my mom said that they were only after his money, which was very true; so I was really glad when the verdict came out. I called my friend who was also a big fan and blasted my radio all day.

Jingles

I was very depressed and anxious about it. I was away from home for the first time and feeling really alone. I didn't have any support system -no other fans of access to the internet.The only info I could get was from newspapers and TV which was just so one sided. It was a very distressing time for me.

TevaMac

I don't remember much about 1993, or 2003. In 1993 I knew who Michael Jackson was, but I don't recall much about it. It was something that wasn't big news in my family, or school. In 2003 I remember seeing all these tabloid papers with heinous headlines, but it never really interest me. I never followed the case. What I do remember is coming home from school and plopping down in a chair, and turning on the TV to hear Michael Jackson was acquitted on all counts. I remember being happy to hear, but soon turning the TV to another channel to watch a show or something. I don't know how it happened, but both 1993 & 2003 went completely over my head. I guess maybe I never believed the allegations so to hear he was acquitted was not shocking. Plus I didn't pay attention to the bad press, so I never knew the rhetoric out there. What was shocking was after he died finding out how bad things really were!

CJluvsMJ

I don't remember anything about 1993, since I was just a baby then, but I was pissed when I heard he was being accused again.
The whole trial seemed like a big waste of his time & money, but I did adore seeing him everyday in his amazing suits. :cloud9
It was more of a runway show than a freaking trial! :hilarious
I was in middle school when this all happened, and I would watch the replica trial on E! when I would get home.
The day of the verdict was crazy, since I had to walk bout 5-10 blocks to get home, but when my mom called me about the verdict, the usual 20 minute walk turned into a 3 minute sprint! :hilarious
I was so excited when he was aquitted, the next day, my sis and I drove around town beeping the horn while I held a newspaper with him on it, screaming "he's free! he's free!" Great experience, but just a waste of MJ's valuable time, energy, and money. :idontknow

blargle

In 1993 it was obvious it was all for money. I can't remember anyone actually believing that the allegations were true. However, I do remember being heartbroken for him because he was the last person that deserved something as horrible as that.

In 2005 I was scared. I knew the charges were false of course, but it was obvious Sneddon had a vendetta against Michael and I was afraid the jury would fall for his lies and be blinded by Michael's "weirdness" and find him guilty. I can't remember ever being so relieved when he was cleared of all charges.

MJ'sTink

I was also relieved! I just remember sitting there watching him make the drive from Neverland to the courtroom and how nerve wracking it was!

MJ'sTink

It really was! And Neverland I think is only like 15 minutes from that court house, might aswell have been 15 hours! If we were nervous think of how poor Michael felt, there wouldn't be enough anti-anxiety meds on the planet for me!

Every june 13 I watch that verdict being read on youtube, and everytime I feel those nerves all over again.