Huffington Post: Estate Lands Largest Recording Deal Ever.

OneMoreChance

SomedayMaybe;236908 said:
there is a reason why Michael never released those songs. He never wanted people to hear them or else he would have had them released. So I'm not happy about this.

He's already given us so much music since he was practically born. I'm sorry but I dont think the world needs/deserves to hear him some more just so greedy assholes can get rich.

I don't agree with this. Michael said that he would write over 100 songs per album and then they would narrow it down. Songs like Carousel, which was replace by Human Nature were great but just didn't make it onto the album. Hell Smooth Criminal almost didn't make it onto the Bad album. Songs like Fall Again (one of my favs).

I'm not happy that Sony is involved in this.....but I will support Michael children and I look forward to all the stuff we never got to hear.

HeavenSent

I want to hear new music too and have it benefit his estate, but I do NOT want the same people who didn't give a damn about Michael, laughing all the way to the bank. It isn't right and it angers me. The mofo's didn't take care of their money maker when he was alive but NOW all of a sudden he's their most beloved.

Whatever.

I hate Sony with a passion.

Saphster

whisper;236905 said:
Hateful.
..he could never have been able to get a deal like that if were still alive. That's what pisses me off.

Anything for money.

I saw this on a channel for Latinos on the news. This is spreading all over. Notice how they mentioned mostly families went to see TII? They know good and damn well mothers and fathers will buy Michael Jackson's unreleased music because he was 'iconic' and 'inspirational'. Know who else will buy this? The fans. I'm not bashing any fans. It's only natural that we would all fall for this. We love him. That's why. I am not excited about listening to new music because Michael is not with us anymore. I cannot get excited when he is not here to witness our excitement and love for him.

It was only a matter of time before this happened. We all knew that from the moment he passed.

OneMoreChance

HeavenSent;236933 said:
I want to hear new music too and have it benefit his estate, but I do NOT want the same people who didn't give a damn about Michael, laughing all the way to the bank. It isn't right and it angers me. The mofo's didn't take care of their money maker when he was alive but NOW all of a sudden he's their most beloved.

Whatever.

I hate Sony with a passion.

So do I! I think Sony was behind an lot of Michael "problems"! I wish they could have struck a deal with another company! I think John Branca is behind most of it!

candles

Jeniffer30;236931 said:
I don't agree with this. Michael said that he would write over 100 songs per album and then they would narrow it down. Songs like Carousel, which was replace by Human Nature were great but just didn't make it onto the album. Hell Smooth Criminal almost didn't make it onto the Bad album. Songs like Fall Again (one of my favs).

I'm not happy that Sony is involved in this.....but I will support Michael children and I look forward to all the stuff we never got to hear.

he still never gave the 'okay' on his own to have them released. he could've done that when he was alive if he wanted them to be heard.

they didn't make the cut maybe because it was unanimously decided that they weren't 'ready' or 'good enough' for people to hear. michael is a perfectionist and i believe what has already been officially released is what he wanted to be heard.

OneMoreChance

HeavenSent;236942 said:
Could someone explain for those who don't know, why John Branca being involved is a bad thing?

thx.

It's nothing concrete, but there are a few things about John Branca that make me nervous. First he was only rehired THREE weeks before Michael died. He let Branca go in 2006 because he felt that he was too controlling. There has been a lot of talk about Branca being very heavily connected to Sony. I mean Sony does appear to be raking in the dough since Michael passed.

Cristine87

Jeniffer30;236944 said:
It's nothing concrete, but there are a few things about John Branca that make me nervous. First he was only rehired THREE weeks before Michael died. He let Branca go in 2006 because he felt that he was too controlling. There has been a lot of talk about Branca being very heavily connected to Sony. I mean Sony does appear to be raking in the dough since Michael passed.

I would really hate to think that they had something to do with Michael's death. I hate to think about conspiracy's because I'll go crazy thinking about that, but the circumstances of Michael's death are a little too suspicious and too many people are benefitting financially from his death. It's all a little too convenient!

OneMoreChance

Cristine87;236961 said:
I would really hate to think that they had something to do with Michael's death. I hate to think about conspiracy's because I'll go crazy thinking about that, but the circumstances of Michael's death are a little too suspicious and too many people are benefitting financially from his death. It's all a little too convenient!

It becomes more likely to me everyday. There's some really interesting info out there. I made a thread specifically for conspiracies.

Saphster

Jeniffer30;236944 said:

Exactly! I don't get a good vibe from him either.

Sydney

On second thought the deal with Sony could work in Michael Jackson's favour. Sony is in the business of making money, John Branca is in the Business of making money. $250,000,000.00 is enough for a rehabilitation of Michael Jackson's image. They are not going to allow anything, or anyone stand in the way of profit. The more sanitized MJ becomes to the public the more money is to be made. IMO John Branca had alot to do with Captain EO at Disneyland. Think about it Mike was accused of pedophilia, and where does he end up? Disneyland!

HeavenSent

Sydney;237065 said:
IMO John Branca had alot to do with Captain EO at Disneyland. Think about it Mike was accused of pedophilia, and where does he end up? Disneyland!

I don't know enough history to know where he fit in. After Michael's death I was just really beginning to know his place in his life (and now his passing) . Captain EO, really? Interesting.

I've tried to look on the bright side, but my hate for Sony seems to override the positivity. It turns my stomach that Michael couldn't get this kind of support and allegiance when he was alive. After all Michael did for those jokers...

Sydney

$250,000,000.00 is too much money to lose. Sony would not be in bed if they didn't think there was money to be made especially in this economy. What does it profit them for Michael to be considered a pariah. You bet they will be working on image rehabilitation. Captain EO was just for starters. (This is opinion not fact).

HeavenSent

I'm still on the 'too little too late' boat, Sydney. It's so bittersweet to me.

What you say is logical and probably WILL come to pass, but it's still just a drop in the bucket of what they could have been doing for Michael all along...

Ah well. I look forward to hearing his sweet voice again. :)

btw, I haven't seen you on MJEOL before, so welcome!