I found really interesting and kinda makes sense

Jackson829

I read this article on The Michael Jackson Fan Club
http://www.mjfanclub.net/news/index.html
It was really good and it got me thinking, how people literally just didn't want anything to do with MJ after all these physical changes started to happen. Now here's the thing; firstly, his skin cannot be controlled. He has it, there's no known cure for it, he has to deal with it and have to live with being a different color. That to me is something that people shouldn't be bitchin' about because he can't do anything about it. Secondly, the whole plastic surgery is what I'm not getting because yes a lot of people get it. Why does he have to take the blame for what he does to himself? Now here's the thing, because MJ has a serious skin disorder that cannot be reversed. If he kept his original nose, how would that look? It wouldn't look natural so really he would of had to have work done. This is just something that came through my mind as I was reading this article. What do you guys think?

Saphster

For those too lazy to click the link :p

09-16-2006
Public Cynicisms And Michael Jackson

by Joseph Danladi Elvis Bot
September 12, 2006

It has been said in numerous circles that the 70’s was psychadelic (a decade of outrage); the 80’ was laizez faire (almost care free); while the 90s was downright cynical. For most of us living now in the 21st century our perceptions about life seem to have been shaped by the 90’s, we have truly become a cynical generation, we seem only to have eyes for the dreary part of life and always seem to concentrate on the negative, never wanting to see the good in anything (particularly if the negative is more pervasive). As a result, we have a generation now were you are best to display your good side or else, you will be severely criticized. One of those that has felt the severe weight of these times, is the erstwhile king of pop, Mr Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson, more than most, particularly in the entertainment industry, has come under a barrage of criticisms. He has faced immense public scrutiny in his life time and variously, he has become an object of ridicule and outright disdain. But what really happened that would have turned the darling of an age, into the monster of another.

In the past, it was said that at school dances, most of the kids did the robot and the Moonwalk; they pop-locked to "Dancin' Machine," and nobody made fun of Michael Jackson. Jermaine was the cool handsome older brother, Tito the quiet one -- but Michael was the one who sang to us. When Michael went solo - we listened to all his hits. He was the suave, sure voice we danced to at house parties, or while cruising. He was safe but sexy, the favorite among most women, the alternative to James Brown, who the guys liked better because he was rougher and more political. The guy groups like the Spinners and the O'Jays and the Stylistics were big, but if you asked the girls who they wanted, it was Michael, even as he was reinventing himself with hair products and what many suspected were eyeliners. He was misunderstood, he was soft enough to understand us, and he was so handsome, with those huge eyes and delicate brows and sad mouth.

Then came the changes; the nose, jaw/chin jobs and ultimately, his skin. It has been said in several quarters that his childhood may have had a lot to do with this- that he had a dysfunctional childhood, and this may be so. After all, it was said that Michael Jackson never got to be a child. He was performing constantly, like many child stars who grow up to have mercilessly unhappy adult lives. At 12, he was already enduring long hours and road trips and endless work. Maybe that's why he made Neverland, his ranch in Santa Barbara, into a child's paradise. For the childhood he never had.

Ironically his eccentricity was his greatest attraction yet his greatest undoing, it made him an enigma and made him a villain, particularly when the child molestation cases sprang up. He was a recluse of soughts and that further increased the suspicions against him. As a result, when these allegations were being leveled against him, it was easy for many to believe of his guilt, even his most adoring fans. The last straw was in 2005 when he was put on trial for molesting a boy he had brought to his Never Land Mansion. As it eventually turned out, he was discharged and acquitted without a guilty verdict.

However, I have to admit that the no-guilty verdict even though a relief to Michael Jackson, was only part of the problem- he had to also face a hostile press and a very, very cynical public, who had almost had it with the metamorphosis of what was now Michael Jackson. They were essentially, ready to crucify him and were outraged by the no-guilty verdict even when it seemed like most of the evidence and facts were overwhelmingly against the plaintiff. This didn’t matter, the public were fed up with Michael Jackson, his looks and his alleged antics- nobody was ready to listen.

Well, in a sense, you may not have blamed the public, the man they used to know was not the man anymore, he had changed, he had become someone else-someone they couldn’t understand or relate with. And it has been said in the past-people fear or reject what they can’t understand. On his part, Michael hadn’t helped matters, he had either by omission or commission changed his looks and persona and it was now counting against him and he was now feeling the full spleen of a very CYNICAL and UNFORGIVING generation.

But how did we really get to this point, how could we hate soo much, an individual that had brought us soo much joy in the past- with beautiful melodies, someone that at one time, represented innocence for us, what happened? I have heard it many times been said that to air is human and to forgive is divine. Michael Jackson cannot be perfect, certainly he must have aired in one way or the other-maybe by giving in to changing his looks. But it was Denzel Washington who once said that if everybody in Hollywood who had had some form of plastic surgery, happen to leave town, Hollywood would be empty. His sin is therefore not common to him, and if it is the child molestation wrap, evidence has shown time and time and again that it was all one big set up. Here, we only have to look at the conglomeration of rich celebrities in Hollywood and the amount of underprivileged people leaving side by side with them, who want to get their hands on some of that cash to better their lives. No doubt, we are leaving in a world were nothing is as it seems and sometimes the fact is stranger than fiction, but if every one of us were to be crucified for our misdemeanors then non of us will be alive. May be we do not see this because we have become too cynical.

However the greatest tragedy in this saga for me is Michael Jackson himself, not as a result of the criticisms and torment coming from the general public, but more from his own attitude in handling the adversity-his defeatist stance. The fact that he has survived the torrent of abuse thus far makes Michael Jackson somewhat of a Trojan warrior (unfortunately, it seems like he is unmindful of this innate quality of his) and therefore should rise up to face the storms and overcome them. This is no time to recoil into a shell, rather it is time, as a Trojan warrior would do, to retreat and re-strategize. This is the time to reinvent yourself and make us believe in you once again-this time around, the real you, for when we saw glimpses of it in time past, you shone like a million stars-you can still shine again. Make peace within your self and come out and be the man you are supposed to be, it is certainly not too late. And for this generation of ours, all I can say is that; ‘Let he who is without sin cast the first the stone’ .

---I thought this was a very good article. Especially the bold part.
:)

Maiky

..+Sapphire+.. said:
For those too lazy to click the link :p

---I thought this was a very good article. Especially the bold part.
:)

Yeah, nice article:)
I'm sure that Michael will come back, we just have to wait, and he especially must wait the proper moment and then he'll come and do a wonderful album;)

Saphster

Maiky said:
Yeah, nice article:)
I'm sure that Michael will come back, we just have to wait, and he especially must wait the proper moment and then he'll come and do a wonderful album;)
Yep. He's going through a lot right now, and just needs some serious Michael time. Michael time meaning=doing whatever the hell Michael Jackson wants Ex. Traveling, shopping, family time, 'Me' Time, Song writing.

I wonder if he's written any songs since the trial has been over. He expresses his emotions, and feelings through his writings, and I wonder if he's written any songs to express how mad, sad, glad, he was/is/ and will be.

You guys think he'll use any of them if he has any? :idontknow

..+Sapphire+.. said:
Yep. He's going through a lot right now, and just needs some serious Michael time. Michael time meaning=doing whatever the hell Michael Jackson wants Ex. Traveling, shopping, family time, 'Me' Time, Song writing.

I wonder if he's written any songs since the trial has been over. He expresses his emotions, and feelings through his writings, and I wonder if he's written any songs to express how mad, sad, glad, he was/is/ and will be.

You guys think he'll use any of them if he has any? :idontknow

I wouldn't be surprised! :p I bet this album will have a bit of a "HIStory"-esque, personal feel to it. I mean, like it or not, that was such a serious, intense chapter in his life. How could he NOT?

But I'm sure that whatever he comes up with next will be great. :8-26-03fruits_apple

danaluvsmj

That was a wonderful article! Right on the point.

It's a shame the way the public treats him now, but surely he will come back at them better than ever.

Geez reading this really makes me miss him :(

JANIE

As some one who's lived through the times, I have to say that poor Micahel really has copped it big time from the press. In the 70's he was just adorable, and cute, and funny, and man could he sing. Then in the 80's, he started off being amazing, fantastic, the biggest thing in music, the biggest thing there WAS in the world at that time... .and then suddenly oops-a-daisy, the tabloid editors started scratching their heads in bemusement at reports of Michael's eccentricities.... and the "Oh dear.... this guy we love so much is weird" stuff started.

And boy, did they lay into him big time. I remember it all - from "He sleeps in an Oxygen tank" to "He talks to his pet Llamah" and "He has a pet monkey" to "He wants to buy the Elephant Man bones" and "He dresses as a smelly old tramp to go out in public." All of it pretty lame when you look back, but at the time it was HUGE. And then darn it, Michael's appearance started creating attention. What's so odd to me is - it took that long before Michael's appearance was commented on!

If you ask me, Michael looked hugely different around the time of Bad than he did when Off the Wall was released - and over the years, I still say this was the single most significant change in his appearance. The big hair was gone, the teased locks of Thriller were a little longer... but his skin was significantly paler, and his nose was obviously different. I don't recall there being huge uproar in the press about Michael's skin being paler at the time - it was merely his nose that attracted attention. There might bave been off the cuff comments made about him using a skin bleaching product, but there was always a caveat added to this - "Alot of hollywood teens do this to even out skin tone damaged by acne." Fair enough.

And so "He has plastic surgery" was added to the tabloid list of "Things We Can Write That Are Weird About Michael Jackson"... and once the plastic surgery was added to the list, it was like a free-for-all in the press. Over the last 28 years, you just wouldn't believe some of the stuff that was written in the tabliods about Michael. I even remember reading that Michael Jackson had been kidnapped by aliens and morphed with the preserved body of Elvis and re-incarnated. If you ask me the tabloid twits coming up with these theories are weirder than Michael has ever been if they think anyone is ever going to believe such rubbish.

The first time the "skin disease" stuff was mentioned was in the Oprah interview. That is, this was the first time anyone heard an explanation direct from the mouth of Michael as to why his skin was paler. Yet, somehow, this explanation was never taken seriously - it seemed it was easier to believe the tabloid crap about Michael wanting to look like Diana Ross, or that he and Janet were the same person, or that he spent hours a day under a special lamp being "bleached" - and of course, there was always the aliens, perhaps they had done it?

I don't believe Michael has had that much surgery. I believe his nose was done, and that he's had perhaps several operations to "maintain" it - remember that plastic surgery was a reasonably new concept in the 80's and that the techniques used to do Mikes nose are probably now way out of date. The tabloids claim Michael's had his nose done loadsa times, his cheekbones enhanced, his eyes slanted, his eyebrows tweaked - but I don't think so. Michael's skin is paler because of his skin condition, he's had some plastic surgery on his nose, and he's aged.

If you want my honest opinion, the child molestation stuff took off like a rocket - because the press simply needed another "Weird Fact" to add to their list. It happened at exactly the wrong time for Michael - lets face it, you can't write solely about someone's plastic surgery for twenty years - especially when there have been far more extreme examples of surgery altered appearance walking about since - Jackie stallone, Lola Ferrari - and I bet you guys in the US haven't seen whats happened to Pete Burns who sang "You spin me round" in the 80's - it's frightening. Trust me, these people are far higher on the "OMG plastic surgery" scale!

It didn't matter if the child molestation charges were true - the press needed something new and there it was on a silver platter. There's nothing more taboo than being accused of being a peadophile - to the press, this accusation was like gold falling from the sky. It wasn't a product of "cynicism of the nineties" - the press just ran out of "weird michael jackson" stuff, and so they fell on this story like a pack of wolves, and they tore Michael apart with it. The majorty of people reading the papers didn't believe it. Trust me, I was devastated by these accusations when they came out, and I distinctly remember that 100% of people I spoke to about it didn't believe it. They weren't Michael Jackson fans - there was stuff about Michael that was easy to believe. Reading "I sing lullaby's to my Llamah" across the paper with a picture of Michael standing holding his favourite llamah was one thing - but child abuse was another.