I was thinking... Michael and Chaplin

Jackson829

Charlie Chaplin was believed to be a communist in the 40s when the whole communist thing went insane! The House of Un-American committee was trying to find all the former communist members to get names. And J. Edgar Hoover was trying to get Chaplin. Of course Chaplin was never A communist. He just talked to people who just happened to be a communist. Anyway, in the 50s Chaplin went back to England w/ his wife and kids to see his old hometown. But the government exciled Chaplin from the U.S and wasn't allowed to return. He could of returned and become a U.S citizen, but because of all the controversy he faced, all the akwardness of it all, he decided to stay in Europe for the rest of his life.

Now of course this is completely different from what Michael faced. He hasn't been exciled from the U.S but what they had to face during that certain time in their life is the same. MJ had to face the world-wide media, which went insane!! Tom Sneddon obviously had something to do with the whole case and trial and we all know that MJ NEVER EVER harmed a child. He just likes being in their company. Now he's permantly living in Bahrain. I don't blame him. He has to get away. The U.S can overeact to many things, as history can surly tell. He will always have love from various parts of the U.S and I know he loves us but other parts here are not so nice. Anyway, I was just thinking that one day and thought I'd share it w/ you guys. I hope its not too strong a topic for you guys.

linzfinz03

So you are saying that MJ and Chaplin had similiar things happen to them? I`ve never thought of that. Very smart of you to point that out. I can`t believe I didn`t think of that. I studied all about Chaplin I should have realized that.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by Labomba@Oct 24 2005, 04:35 AM
Chaplin and Michaela are two different persons, i dont know what to say in this but.... hmm
Of course they're two different people. The poster only pointed out the parallels in their lives, that's all.

mjmsc

i think you are right.they are similar in some ways.and they were both so talented.and they had strong opinions about how the world should be.and Michael loves Chaplin's works!!!

MJJ_Lover

I think, if I remember correctly, that Michael found a connection with Chaplin... a similarity.
When I listen to She's Out Of My Life... I feel that too. It's like, he's singing something so sad, with a voice of purity ... it's such an amazing paradox. Beautiful. :)