If you bumped into Michael on the street...

Palmyra

You see someone on the street with a fedora on. He looks different. Your Michael Jackson sense is so acute, you figure out it is him. What do you do?

1. Respect his privacy and pretend you don't see him. Please, keep in mind Michael really doesn't need the attention. He's heard fan adoration all of his life. He just wants some peace. He's trying to enjoy the nice weather just as much as you are. There are times for autographs and there are times for relaxing. It's Michael's time to relax. He wants to feel normal.

He might be with his children.

2. You run up to him to tell him how much you like him. You know you won't get another opportunity like this (what are the chances of meeting Michael Jackson more than once?). It's potentially your only chance to tell him.

I honestly don't know which one I would pick. Give the man grief by harassing him and taking up his time or respect his privacy and let him experience a normal day out?

Think about this for a while.

Cristine87

I have to let him know how much I love him! So many people abandoned him in life that I'd have to let him know how much I've always loved him and the compassion I have for him!

R e a f u

Definitely undecided! On the one hand you know the kind of harassment he's experienced in his adult life...but still I'd feel the need to at least smile and say hello.

MJfan01'

I actually almost had the chance to meet him or at least see him in a mall a few years back. I honestly do not know what I would do. At the very least I would attempt to say hi and say how much he's means to me.

Saphster

Well....when you put it that way....I'm not sure what I would do.

Of course I'd want to tell him how much I love him. But, it kills me to think how he would just say "i love you more" back. He does not understand how much I love him. He does not know me. He never even knew of my existence. I know him through his music...which changed my life. How could he possibly say he loves me more?

I wouldn't want to start a riot. But, I'd get emotional that's for sure.

I don't know. I'm torn.

HeavenSent

If Michael's choosing to be out and about--in a fedora no less--he's obviously somewhat prepared to be recognized. But if there is anything I would NOT do is bumrush the man, whether he's by himself or with his precious children. I dont' wanna be blamed for inciting a riot.

I do think I would make some kind of attempt to let him know how much I love him, though. My heart wouldn't let that opportunity pass me by!

And I think Michael would enjoy the gesture as long as it's kept respectful. I'm not the type to draw a scene (ie, falling out, fainting, screaming IT'S HIM!), anyway.

Carla's more the stunned type.

I'mma be honest. When I saw him in person at the Orpheum Theatre for his 45th, I froze. Literally could not move. Then after numbness subsided, I got the shakes and couldn't hold my damn camera straight. And he was NO WHERE CLOSE to me! So actually...I'd probably stand there looking stupid :oops: Yeah, sounds like me, hahaha....*sigh*.

privacy

Easy :) I often thought about this, because I don't wanna act like the crazy fan! haha

I would approach him casually and let him know that I know who he is. I'd tell him what I want to say, ask for a hug and then leave him alone. If he was particularly chatty then I might be so brave as to ask for a picture together (I always have my camera on me lol).

OneMoreChance

HeavenSent;223298 said:
If Michael's choosing to be out and about--in a fedora no less--he's obviously somewhat prepared to be recognized. But if there is anything I would NOT do is bumrush the man, whether he's by himself or with his precious children. I dont' wanna be blamed for inciting a riot.

I do think I would make some kind of attempt to let him know how much I love him, though. My heart wouldn't let that opportunity pass me by!

And I think Michael would enjoy the gesture as long as it's kept respectful. I'm not the type to draw a scene (ie, falling out, fainting, screaming IT'S HIM!), anyway.

Carla's more the stunned type.

I'mma be honest. When I saw him in person at the Orpheum Theatre for his 45th, I froze. Literally could not move. Then after numbness subsided, I got the shakes and couldn't hold my damn camera straight. And he was NO WHERE CLOSE to me! So actually...I'd probably stand there looking stupid :oops: Yeah, sounds like me, hahaha....*sigh*.

I agree with Carla, I have seen so many videos of people literally attacking him. Some of them looked quite painful. It broke my heart :( and pissed me off :mad: all at the same time. Besides as soon as you start screaming and crying everyone else would figue it out and any one one one time you might have had just went out the window.

I would not be able to pass up the oppurtunity to let him know how much he has meant to me. I would kick myself for the rest of my life if I let that chance slip by. I would be respectful and polite, although inside I would be screaming my head off! :lol I probably would not be able to stop myself from shaking though.

I don't know if anyone has seen this video, but the girl in the video is crying and Michael is so sweet to her. The way he keeps touching her head! I think I would have melted into a puddle on the floor! Michael can't help laughing at the gorilla!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxc4_eq70Uc

Juniorlady

Jeniffer30;223331 said:
I agree with Carla, I have seen so many videos of people literally attacking him. Some of them looked quite painful. It broke my heart :( and pissed me off :mad: all at the same time. Besides as soon as you start screaming and crying everyone else would figue it out and any one one one time you might have had just went out the window.

I would not be able to pass up the oppurtunity to let him know how much he has meant to me. I would kick myself for the rest of my life if I let that chance slip by. I would be respectful and polite, although inside I would be screaming my head off! :lol I probably would not be able to stop myself from shaking though.

I don't know if anyone has seen this video, but the girl in the video is crying and Michael is so sweet to her. The way he keeps touching her head! I think I would have melted into a puddle on the floor! Michael can't help laughing at the gorilla!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxc4_eq70Uc

I saw that video.:lol I wouldn't be hysterical. I'd have a big smile on my face and try to act calm. If he's just out for a walk, I'd shake his hand, ask how he and his family are doing, and say it was nice meeting you in person joking about always seeing interviews of him or seeing his music videos. If he allow it, I would give him a hug.^_^ Hopefully, I don't start rambling.

*Bumps into Michael*
Me: Sorry sir--0.0
Wow, uh, hi*offers my hand* It's nice to meet you. How you've been?

sweetiepie

privacy;223324 said:
Easy :) I often thought about this, because I don't wanna act like the crazy fan! haha

I would approach him casually and let him know that I know who he is. I'd tell him what I want to say, ask for a hug and then leave him alone. If he was particularly chatty then I might be so brave as to ask for a picture together (I always have my camera on me lol).

That's what I would like to think I would do. I think in reality I would've just lost all ability to function.

HeavenSent

If I thought I had the shakes just from seeing him, I'd give it a whole new definition if he asked me out. It'd be enough for him to say, "uh, nevermind..."

hahaha!

I honestly don't think I'd do too badly. I probably wouldn't be able to stop smiling, that's for sure. My smile would be so huge!

Cristine87

HeavenSent;223723 said:
If I thought I had the shakes just from seeing him, I'd give it a whole new definition if he asked me out. It'd be enough for him to say, "uh, nevermind..."

hahaha!

I honestly don't think I'd do too badly. I probably wouldn't be able to stop smiling, that's for sure. My smile would be so huge!

I think I'd hold it together when he asks me out and then when the day of the date comes, I'd have to take two tequila shots to calm my nerves!

Saphster

Cristine87;223721 said:
What if Michael met u, found you attractive and asked you out? You'd have to pick me off the floor!

Hmm...well I wouldn't want to seem so obvious that I am obsessed with him. God, but that would be hard!

Crazy4MiJac

I don't know that I would be able to not approach him, though as most of you said - I would try my best not to draw too much attention to him.

Honestly, I always assumed that I would meet Michael one day, somehow. My love for him is so encompassing at times, I often thought "How could it not happen?" It still seems almost impossible to me, to think that our paths will never cross. :unsure:

(I realize that sounds a little strange, but it's something I've always felt.)

LittleSusie50

I have had the opportunity to meet two people that I really admire, and its interesting how human they become once you see them in the flesh.
It changes your whole perspective on the celebrity aspect; they are just people.
When I saw Michael in concert, that was the first time I realized he was real, not just an image on the television. But it was still hard to wrap my mind around the fact that he was right there, in the same venue, on that stage performing.
You bet your a$$ I would go up to him. I wouldn't act crazy, but I would just like to shake his hand and say thank you for all the great music and memories.
I just wish I could have looked him in the eyes and said that, nothing more.
That's all...:(

2bad4ever2009

If I saw him in a store or something, I'd go in the same isle and pretend not to notice him there, politely ask if I could get by to get the same item or nearby item on the shelf, smile, lock eyes, smile wider, reach for the object on the shelf then say thank you then continue on my way.

People let status and fame get in the way. Michael is a human being after all and deserves to be treated as such. Sure it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity that may have passed but who's to say that he won't turn around and grab my attention, or continue his way but either way it would impact. You know?