It\'s been almost 4 years now...

linzfinz03

I have been a Michael Jackson fan for almost four years now and I have never once in my life met or even seen another Michael Jackson fan in person. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I've been a fan for a good 3 years solid January the 20 something made it 3 years but I to have been a fan for that long and still havent seen him or met him in person! So I know exactly where u coming from girl!!
*sighs* If only I could meet him, the things I would say if I could say anything! heheh

A

Anonymous

I hope you aren't just sitting on your behind and hoping he'll walk up to you.

It's not a 'problem.' 50% of his fans will never meet him.

QuietSoul

It's nice to hear that you've been an MJ fan for those years. It's great being a fan. :)

I've been a fan for 14 years... I've seen MJ in concert once in 1997, I also saw him in 2002 outside the Sony offices in London and then again on the same day at the Killer Thriller Party. When MJ came to London last year I went to his hotel, but I didn't see him, I saw his "people" though.

I wish you luck, there's a time and place for everyone. :D

HeavenSent

MJsSexyR&BJunkie07 said:
I've been a fan for a good 3 years solid January the 20 something made it 3 years but I to have been a fan for that long and still havent seen him or met him in person! So I know exactly where u coming from girl!!
*sighs* If only I could meet him, the things I would say if I could say anything! heheh
linz said:
I have been a Michael Jackson fan for almost four years now and I have never once in my life met or even seen another Michael Jackson fan in person.
Linz wasn't referring to seeing the man himself.

Me, I've been fortunate enough to go to a fan event (Celebration of Love) and had met quite a few of his fans. Haven't kept in touch with anyone but it was nice while it lasted. :)

A

Anonymous

I don't thnk she means that she's disappointed that she hasn't met him. I think she meant she hasn't met a fan during those 4 years. But believe me girl, under the surface most people are fans, or respects him, it's not that everyone hates him you know. They don't have to be hardcore fans but more people than you think have good things to say about him, which always cheer me up!

When I came to a new school for 4 years ago I had been a fan for 1½ year or something already and I met a lot of narrow minded people that time and I was convinced that SO MANY hated him and/or only had bad things to say about him. But at this new school I made many new friends and I was almost scared to say that I was a fan because I didn't want to have a conversation about how "extremely freaky" he is as my first convo with people. Mind my shock when everyone was positive or didn't care what my opinion was! It felt so goood to talk about it without getting negative remarks back.

I am a very proud Michael Jackson fan and today I am not afraid to say I admire him. It's not that I wasn't proud before, but I've grown as a person too these years. I am almost twenty years old now and that teenage drama years are all my past which feels good. It's such a pressure to "fit in" during that time, hence why I was scared to speak my mind. Now I can just be myself and I dare to be it too.

If you show your confidence and keep your head high you might get a different response how people react when you say you're a fan. If you have the bad luck to be surrounded by completey judgemental people I am sorry for you, but don't let them let you down for your opinion, and that matters in other cases too! There is a light in the end of the tunnel.

Fans are nice to meet. But I haven't met a really big MJ fan for over one year now. But I have the respect from many people :) Most people always love atleast one or two songs by him!

Btw, sorry if I turned a bit off topic here.. hehe! If I did it wasn't meant to :D

linzfinz03

~Vicky~ said:
I hope you aren't just sitting on your behind and hoping he'll walk up to you.

It's not a 'problem.' 50% of his fans will never meet him.
umm I was talking about meeting other fans, not Michael.

Caroline

They are scarce these days. Back when I first became a fan in 1994 the world was overrun with them. Although just because you've never met anyone you KNEW was a fan doesn't mean you haven't met a fan. Many people, sadly, like myself, keep it a little bit quiet these days. I would never lie about being a fan - I'm proud - I just don't mention it unless it's relevant to the conversation I'm having. A few years ago I would have told people I was a Michael Jackson fan before I told them my name. But times, sadly, have changed.

I'm not embarassed to be a fan, there are just more important things about me as a person than the music I like. So perhaps it's been the same situation with others you've met - you might both be mad keen on Michael but it never came up in conversation!

If you want to meet more fans, I think they organise social events through some of the other sites like MJJF - I've never been on there myself but I've heard as much.

A

Anonymous

Haha, all my friends appreciate MJ in some form or another. Lucky me!

minnie yu

yes i agree with what caroline said..you have never met a person u knew is fan doesnot mean u have never met a fan..sometimes we just donot come up with this question about who is your favorite..i have the same experience, there is a new boy came to my company and work with you , one day he suddenly asked me what kind of music i like, i blinked to him and told him as long as those are good songs..he then asked do you like english songs, i felt he is interested and said yes i like..and then asked him which one would you like the most??? he said: "a lot of them..linkin park, punky bank..and brah brah , and yes..Michael, i like his songs.." i felt so proud and so happy to hear the name" MIchael".. i smiled and said" i like him too, Michael.."....deep in my heart i know i love him...:wub:

anyway i also has a lot of classmates when i was in middle school who are fans..i am not alone all the time..

LadyInMJsLife

I've been a fan for over 20 years now (yes, I'm ancient) Anywayz...I've been fortunate to still have some of my friends I had back when I was a kid. They're still lovin' MJ too and I've met some new friends that are also Michael fans. I only associate with people who have good taste lol

Annique

I have been a fan for just over 2 years now, and I've met two fans once and one fan twice (That one is a friend of mine). Also, I know someone at school who's a fan. MJ fans are hard to come by, but they are there. Try to see if there's one in your area.

privacy

Haha, all my friends appreciate MJ in some form or another. Lucky me!

Ditto!!

There's usually some in your area.. or there's a good meeting place between both of you. I've only ever met one MJ fan that wasn't from online, and that was a music teacher of mine.
All the rest.. I made friends online and met them at demos and such.. then continued from there!

:censored :screaming
linzfinz03 said:
I have been a Michael Jackson fan for almost four years now and I have never once in my life met or even seen another Michael Jackson fan in person. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

OMG I have the SAME problem! OR I meet people who say they like him to be rebellious against conformists and then i start to talk to them about him and play his music and they're like "Could we PLEASE talk about something else?" and they dont even own an MJ CD! BUT then they'll be like "EW I HATE EMINEM" then i look in their CD Folder things and I find like 2 Eminem CDs! GRR!:chairbeat :chairbeat :chairbeat :8-26-03ranting:

MJJ_Lover

What you should do is convert the friends you have to MJ fans. :D Follow this simple procedure:
- Tie them down to a chair. Switch on the TV. Put on MJ (preferably Dangerous Bucharest 1992). Get snuggly with them. Whisper MJ-praising/glorifying things in their ear. Don't feed them, so they're weak and more susceptable. Repeat this at least every two weeks.
And then the pro-MJ brainwashing is done. :)

MJJ_Lover said:
What you should do is convert the friends you have to MJ fans. :D Follow this simple procedure:
- Tie them down to a chair. Switch on the TV. Put on MJ (preferably Dangerous Bucharest 1992). Get snuggly with them. Whisper MJ-praising/glorifying things in their ear. Don't feed them, so they're weak and more susceptable. Repeat this at least every two weeks.
And then the pro-MJ brainwashing is done. :)
LMAO Thats what Pirate. had to do to me. LOL:D :D

Ben

I've been a Michael Jackson fan for 23yrs (since Febuary 1983), and I can say that no matter who the artist is you very rarely meet anybody who's a major fan of any artist.

I often meet people who aren't Michael Jackson fans but have some of his albums or say they think he's a genius.

Michael's still has millions of fans and he still gets mobbed where ever he goes, I guess of you a teenager and still in school there will be very few Michael Jackson fans. This will be just as much a generational things as it i from the negative unfair media reports on Michael, but if Michael really uses his amazing talents for his comeback Michael will win a new generation of fans.