Jackson To Purchase Island In Ireland

moonwalker5885

12th September 2008

It is not quite Neverland, but there have been reports that Michael Jackson may be moonwalking his way to an island off the County Donegal coast.

It is no secret that the singer has an affection for the emerald isle, but the locals in Port Noo have been taken by surprise at the news that members of his team have expressed an interest in buying Inishkeel Island.

Martina Barrett’s family owns part of the tiny island and said that the newspaper stories had caused quite a stir in the town.

“Our family only owns half of the island, so it is the other half of the island that is on the market.”

She said that while the island was beautiful there was no planning permission for it and no way of living on it.

“I’m not quite sure what his plans would be.”

The island is near Port Noo and the only structures on the island are the remains of churches.

For a man who values his privacy as much as the singer Martina said the island may not be quite remote enough.

“Whenever the tide’s out you can walk to it - so there is a huge amount of tourists that would visit the island on a daily basis when the tide allows them during the summer months so he wouldn’t be hidden away.”

One source in the printed edition of The Daily Mirror states that "Michael Jackson is deadly serious and has always wanted to own land in Ireland. He has an idea that it would be a perfect place for him to start an organic farm and also a great hideaway to take his kids on trips.
It's completely surrounded by water and has breathtaking views of the Donegal coast so Michael is completely in love with the idea."

Last year, according to the paper, Michael Jackson stated: "I love the whole idea of living off the land in an organic way. I love everything about the place. I love the farming and the beautiful lush land. It's a truly magical place."

According the source: "Michael Jackson's people called this week and expressed their interest. He's obviously planning to come back to Ireland and likes the idea of having some land. He doesn't want to build a big home there, it's just somewhere to relax and get away from it all with his kids and maybe make a bit of money from the farming side of things."

The property is approximately 57 acres in size, and would cost a minimum of $560,000 to purchase.

Source: Daily Mirror (UK) and BBC News