Know I\'m not the only one upset by this

danaluvsmj

Sorry if I'm still a bit emotional from the burial last night, but I'm angry that fans will not be allowed to visit Michael's resting place.We loved him too, and we should be able to pay our respects. I understand the need for security and all, but still it seems unfair. Do you really think Michael would want his fans being kept out?

I remember Jermaine saying that the fans were a big part of his life and it was important for them to able to pay their respects too. I just feels like we're being punished. :(

MJfan01'

danaluvsmj;218663 said:
Sorry if I'm still a bit emotional from the burial last night, but I'm angry that fans will not be allowed to visit Michael's resting place.We loved him too, and we should be able to pay our respects. I understand the need for security and all, but still it seems unfair. Do you really think Michael would want his fans being kept out?

I remember Jermaine saying that the fans were a big part of his life and it was important for them to able to pay their respects too. I just feels like we're being punished. :(

Yah, I understand the security of the Forest Lawn but Michael has millions of fans that want to pay respect. Who knows, maybe they'll change their mind in the future. Personally I couldn't vist him even if I had the right to.

Ben

I personally think Michael's burial should have been kept private. I think family and friends who knew Michael as a person not just an icon derserve to pay their respects more than us fan.I would love to be able to lay a foller or note and send my love and pay my respects to Michael.

We can continue to pay our respects by celebrating Michael's genius and being decent people, as that's what Michael's message of spreading love was all about.

I was hoping that the fans would be able to visit and pay their respects as well....but honestly this security is a good idea, for the most part. They don't want people to come there and make his resting place a shrine. It's disrespectful since other people are housed (for want of a better word) in the mausoleum and unfortunately some fans go way too overboard. They become overbearing. And Forest Lawn should be kept private and serene.

strangerinmoscow555;218666 said:
I was hoping that the fans would be able to visit and pay their respects as well....but honestly this security is a good idea, for the most part. They don't want people to come there and make his resting place a shrine. It's disrespectful since other people are housed (for want of a better word) in the mausoleum and unfortunately some fans go way too overboard. They become overbearing. And Forest Lawn should be kept private and serene.

Very good points.

I guess I see both sides here (if you can call it that). I imagine it's very complicated. I've been hearing various things that something could eventually be worked out, but I respect their decision either way. It's not really him anymore anyway....

Saphster

Maybe in the future fans might be able to. Right now the media is a hot mess. They're probably all over trying to get in the cemetery to take a picture of his grave site. They will be trying and doing it for years. I'm sort of glad that his resting place is in a secure place. No one will disrupt his grave, or make it into this amusement area like how they buried Elvis in Graceland.

Palmyra

The resting place is an extremely personal area and I don't think it would be appropriate for us fans to go to it. I am glad the family made this decision. Most of us don't want complete strangers at our graves.

Despite how much I love him, I realize I was never a part of his life and that I have to respect his privacy. As much as I would love to have been a friend of his, I never was.

Besides, many people would only go there to later tell their friends, "OMG, you won't believe it! I actually went to Michael Jackson's grave! Hey! Check this out totally!!! Here, see these pictures. YEAH!!!" Michael deserves more respect than this. It's not supposed to be a museum or an amusement park.

SexyChica

danaluvsmj;218663 said:

I completely understand what you're saying. I would love to be able to pay my respects. I've been a fan for over 25 yrs.

To be quite honest I think fear of the media and haters direspecting his grave is why Katherine (I truly believe she made the final decision) chose Forest Lawn. I think Katherine just needs to feel that he's safe. We know the media would disrespect the hell out of his grave (don't trust them s.o.b's). They haven't shown any respect since his passing.

I wouldn't be suprised if things changed in the future where fans will be allowed access to MJ. :idontknow