Lisa Marie talks about Michael in Marie Claire Magazine

Just_Peachy

Lisa Marie talks about Michael in part of her interview in Marie Claire Magazine. It begins on page 122 of the mag... and she didn't have anything nice to say...

***IF you haven't heard, LISA is pregnant with Twins due sometime this fall. I heard this a few months ago, and now she's in the mag bearing her belly in a leopard print coat and undies.***

BELOW is an excerpt from the interview which she talks about Michael Jackson and her relationship with him.

And I quote her:

Lisa Maire Presley's interview: "We're all going to screw up," Presley says. "The important thing is, do you learn from it and not do it again? Can you change? Because, Lord knows, I've fu(ked up many, many times."

Interviewer: "What's the worst time?"

Lisa Marie: "My biggest mistake? Lets see," she begins quietly. "How can I word this? Um. Well. Leaving my first marriage, for the person that I left it for- that was probably the biggest mistake of my life."

Author: She is referring, of course, to Michael Jackson, a man whose name she, consciously or not, avoids saying aloud. This is understandable. The lunacy of the 1994 pairing exploded the celebrity Richter scale. There was the strained Diane Sawyer interview, the rumor that Jackson was only in the relationship for her dad's song catalog, the awkward "kiss" on the MTV Video Music Awards. Presley, poignantly, was not in on the joke.

Lisa Marie: "I was really naive at the time. I was in la-la land."

AUTHOR: She grimaces slightly, pushes some fallen hair from her forehead, and then lets it go.

Lisa Marie: "I had been really sheltered. I got married the first time very, very young. And the marriage I was in, there was so much resentment about who I was, because I had more than he did, and it became a power struggle. It is hard for a man to be with a woman who is stronger, wealthier. So in my mind I'm thinking, I know, I'll get with someone more compatible. I wasn't thinking what everyone else was thinking, which was that I must have been out of my fu(king mind."

Interviewer: Was she?

Lisa Marie: Pauses, and smiles. "I was just in a bubble. And able to be snowed. I hadn't been bitten by the snake of life yet. I grew up after that. I had to."

Author: But not completely. After jackson, Presley married the quirky, moody actor, Nic Cage.

Lisa marie: "I've gotten to the point in my life where I've chased all the crazies down," she says with conviction. "At this age, I really appreciate having [a husband who is] a best friend. But you know, the other guys were fun. For awhile."

This has been posted in the "Off topic" section as well, but thought it would be more suitable to post it here so everyone can view.

My opinion on the matter: STUPID *****! I hate her... honestly. I used to have respect for her, but now she's gone and lost it all! :glare:

I don't know what Mike ever saw in her, and she needs to be more of an adult in a situation like this instead of making his name and their marriage smut.

Like I said in the Off topic thread, the fact that she's STILL talking about him, even after all this time, even while burstingly pregnant with her new man's twins, speaks VOLUMES..:cryptic:lol Not that I think she's still interested in him (or him in her), but she's obviously not all the way 'over it'. You don't keep talking about someone you're totally over like that (if we ever totally get over someone we've loved or been with that deeply..and yes I do think they loved each other..). I mean, I understand her talking about her past relationships in context of it leading up to her new one, but this was pretty harsh. And I thought she'd finally shut up...it's been like 3 years since the last time she said anything! haha..

And I've defended her a lot. I mean, I don't like it when she says things like this, but I did love her and Michael together while they lasted (well, in the past tense at least, since I wasn't even a fan yet then, lol but anyway..) and I really like her as an artist and admire how she speaks her mind, but I DO think, for all her 'tough, rebel girl' persona, she does seem a bit insecure at times and stuff like this (putting your ex, ex husband on blast like this) kinda shows it. I mean, it's like she sticks to the "it was insane, poor misled, manipulated me' thing when it's comfortable (aka what the mainstream wants to hear) for her, you know?

But hey, she did say crazies plural so hey..lol

I wish her all the best with the babies, though. :)

Can't wait to read this in full context (if there is anymore)..

Just_Peachy

It may take me some time, but I can post the full article tonight for you all to read... so here goes...

*Looks around for a clock*

Ok, tonight is fine... give me some time to type it out since you can't copy and paste it from the net...

Just_Peachy;205719 said:
It may take me some time, but I can post the full article tonight for you all to read... so here goes...

*Looks around for a clock*

Ok, tonight is fine... give me some time to type it out since you can't copy and paste it from the net...

Oh you're a sweetheart! LOL Thank you! :8-26-03fruits_apple Saves me a trip to Barnes and Noble...not that I ever mind having an excuse to go. ;) :p

Just_Peachy

Are ya sure this wouldn't be some sort of plagerism or something? I don't want to get into some trouble for posting the entire article. Its written, I just have to paste it to the forum. I just don't want to be sued or anything after I post it. One of my friends said that it could come back to bite me in the butt 'cause the writers get paid by the amount of magazine's sold and what-not. I I.M'd you too on the matter.

^^

I honestly don't think it would matter. I mean, when the Ebony with Michael was first coming out last year, parts of it were getting transcribed online all the time..fan sites do this all the time, LOL. Just make sure you cite the magazine as the source. Plus I'm sure that people who REALLY want to read the article in the mag will either wait or buy it anyway for the pics :p lol

Plus you already have the issue in hand, right? So techinically it's already out there. This very same thing happend with the Michael Ebony mag and it all turned out okay..:)

But if Whisper or any one else objects, we can go from there...

Just_Peachy

Here is the Marie Claire magazine interview with Lisa Marie Presley:

(That's All Right Mama)
Expecting twins with her fourth husband, Lisa Marie Presley talks frankly to Marie Claire about ex-husband Michael Jackson, being ripped off by her staff, and refusing to turn into her father BY ALLISON GLOCK

It is lunchtime at New York's Mandarin Oriental hotel, and Lisa Marie Presley is piqued. At the tabloids, or maybe at the people who read them-bottom-feeders, she says, who are basically crossing their fingers, hoping she will self destruct.

"They want me to be him. It's like they can't wait," she groans over green tea and tofu dumplings. "The tabloids were going so far as to alter photos. I could never figure out why they went to all that trouble to make me look fat."

Then, after seeing yet another distorted picture of her, shot from the ground up with headlines heralding her imminent demise, an epiphany.

"It's this morbid obsession. We had to get a lawyer to stop them from putting his face on the cover of a tabloid with me. Sick."

When your father is Elvis, and you share his high cheekbones and lush, downturned mouth, you inherit a certain amount of baggage. The crazy, stalking, sideburned people. The inability to ever, even for a moment, be seen as your own person, and not just the offspring of deity.

Even so, the sinister hope that you will perish young and out of control in some sort of real-life reenactment of your father's tragedy-well, that was something new.

"They want me to be miserable," Presley, 40, says flatly. "Especially when my life is good."

Recently married to her longtime beau, musician Michael Lockwood, Presley is pregnant with twins. It was news she hoped to keep private, but the gossips outed her-not for having a celebrity "baby bump," but for being a bloated figure.

"It took me a while to make the connection with the dad thing," she says, tossing her chopsticks on the table in favor of a fork. "There are at least six other famous women pregnant right now who aren't getting picked on. But they're all over me. It's like there is a campaign to demean me. You know what I think when I see those fat photos?" she says, with a crooked smile. "I think, Fu(k. You. I'm not going to let them control me. I just let it all hang out. You want to look at me? Go ahead and look."

Presley yanks up her black strapless maxi dress, the fabric sliding taut over her very pregnant belly, and rakes her hand through her hair, exhaling noisily.

"I've never even been out of my BMI range," she says with exasperation. "I'm 5-foot-3. If I gain five pounds, it shows." And besides, "when did it>> become OK to give women a hard time for weight gain? It's harassment.

"I'm trying to grow another human being," she says plaintively. "Besides, I'm 40! I'm lucky to even be able to do this."

After Lunch, Presley warily eyes the floral halter tops and ruffled tanks in the maternity wing of a department store and sighs.

"Hey baby, maybe they'll have those pouch pants," quips her husband, 47, a gangly, amiable presence in overalls and yellow terrycloth Gilligan hat.

"Those just crack you up, don't they?" Presley Volleys back, quickly sorting through a rack of white capris. Lockwood grins.

"Uh, I'm done," Presley says, as her husband holds up a pair of jeans with a large, saggy stretch panel.

In the car, the two sit hip to hip, Lockwood's hand caressing Presley's thigh. "I am in awe of her," he says sweetly. "Being pregnant is a lot of work."

"I'm a lot of work," Presley jokes.

"I don't think so," Lockwood answers.

"I think it's probably hard to be married to me," Presley explains. "Because sh1t happens to me that doesn't happen to your average girl. You have to keep your eyes open."

Lockwood shakes his head, brushes Presley's hair off her shoulder.

"I had been through so many awful relationships before Lisa. I was very cynical. When I met her, I told her I didn't believe in love."

"I told him that was bull sh1t."

"Yeah. She called me out about it. She said I was a coward. She gave me faith." As he talks, Presley stares out the window.

"You want to know the best thing and the worst thing about me?" She says later. "I see things as they really are. People really bullsh1t themselves. I don't like any filter or rainbows or fluff. And sometimes it is a blessing. And sometimes it makes me the biggest fu(king pain in the @s$ ever. Because people don't want to see that."

Presley comes by her straight talk honestly. Her life has been an endless stream of scrutiny and people taking advantage. Even as a child at Graceland, she was accosted daily by fans of her father, who gave her cameras and begged her to take photos of her house. Hand were forever reaching through the gates.

After her parents divorced when she was 5, Presley lived in Los Angeles with her mother, Priscilla, a woman whose sugary perfection contrasted sharply with her daughter's mutinous leanings. The arrangement proved stifling.

"I couldn't relate to her," Presley says. "She was overbearing and over powering to me. I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there."

Frequent visits to her father were more indulgent, but fraught; there were spontaneous trips in the private jet, but there were also Daddy's mood swings and depression. Then came his tragic death, and the mourning of a nation that somehow felt its loss was bigger than that of a 9-year-old child.

Rebellion followed. She abused drugs as a teenager, and went to a series of exclusive schools that ended with her dropping out in the 11th grade. At 17, she bolted, moving in and ultimately marrying Danny Keough. Six years and two kids later, the couple divorced, leading Presley into a pair of less prudent, more conspicuous marriages.

"We're all going to screw up," Presley says. "The important thing is, do you learn from it and not do it again? Can you make it better in the future? Can you change? Because, Lord knows, I've fu(ked up man, many times."

What's the worst time?

"My biggest mistake? Let's see," she beings quietly. "How can I word this? Um. Well. Leaving my first marriage, for the person that I left it for- that was probably the biggest mistake of my life."

She is referring, of course, to Michael Jackson, a man whose name she, consciously or not, avoids saying aloud. This is understandable. The lunacy of the 1994 pairing exploded the celebrity Richter scale. There was the strained Diane Sawyer interview, the rumor that Jackson was only in the relationship for her dad's song catalog, the awkward "kiss" on the MTV Video Music Awards. Presley, poignantly, was not in on the joke.

"I was really naive at the time. I was in la-la land." She grimaces slightly, pushes some fallen hair from her forehead, then lets it all go.

"I had been really sheltered. I got married the first time very, very young. And the marriage I was in, there was so much resnetment about who I was, because I had more than he did, and it became a power struggle. It is hard for a man to be with a woman who is stronger, wealthier. So in my mind I'm thinking, I know, I'll get with someone more compatible. I wasn't thinking what everyone else was thinking,>> which was that I must have been out of my fu(king ind."

Was she?

She pauses, smiles.

"I was just in a bubble. And able to be snowed. I hadn't been bitten by the snake of life yet. I grew up after that. I had to."

But not completely. After Jackson, Presley married the quirky, moody actor Nic Cage. it was a fiery pairing along the lines of Burton and Taylor, complete with frequent fights and pricey jewelry hurled into the open sea.

"Marrying him was a wild flurry, a crazy idea and being young and 'Ahhhh!'" Presley says, chuckling, glancing at her brilliant metallic fingernails, searching for chips.

"I've gotten to the point in my life where I've chased all the crazies down," she says with conviction. "I was ready to stop the madness. At this age, I really appreciate having [a husband who is] a best friend. But you know, the other guys were fun. For awhile."

Presley talks about wanting to move to New York. Her Hawaiian farm is overrun with wild pigs, trampling the vegetation, tearing up the landscape. She has a main home in Los Angeles, but she loathes it there and always has. She refuses to raise her new babies amid the "bullsh1t that is L.A."

"I'd love to move to London, or Connecticut," she says.

Connecticut?

"What? It's beautiful there."

Presley's at work on a new album, her third since 2003's To Whom It May Concern (which went gold) and 2005's Now What-dark, brash, storytelling rock and roll in the '70s tradition. "I'd love to finish writing before they come out," she says, glancing at her belly.

Last spring she even quit smoking, cold turkey. "It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do by a long shot. I was either suicidal or homicidal."

It's all part of the Presley self-improvement plan. No cigarettes. No psychos. No whining. "I grew up with my kids a little bit. But now, it's like, phase two. I'm 100 percent ready to focus on my children."

Presley and her daughter, Riley, 19, are Gilmore-girls close. The two talk on the phone "about 16 times a day." They live and travel together, lugging their three cats along.

Riley is "past the hormones and boys nuttiness," Presley says. Now she has bigger questions about life. "When she asks me what to do, I say, 'I can tell you, based on the mistakes I've made, but I know you have to experience it yourself. I don't want to stop you by saying, don't go down that road. But really, don't go down it.'"

Presley admits she is still learning which roads to travel herself. "I'm working hard right now on not being angry. I was chronically angry for a year-and-a-half. I'm much better now."

Part of her fury came from the discovery that her intimate staff, people she'd employed for 15 years who were "like family, really," had been bleeding her accounts of millions in cash.

"You'd think I would have known better because of my father, right?" she says drily. "It was my fu(king fault. I didn't want to deal with the business. My father was like that. He trusted that people did what they said they were doing. He just wanted to be the artist. He wanted to go off and play."

But for Presley, it'll be different. After firing everybody, she set about learning how to manage herself, down to balancing her own checkbook.

"I'm in a happy place now," she says. "But it took a lot to get here. I wasn't always who I am now. Of course, I still have trust issues. But I'll get through that too. Eventually."

Just then, her phone rings. It's Riley. Presley takes the call. "I love you too, baby," she says, her expression softening. As she listens, she leans into the car fan, lifting her face toward the cool refreshing air.

Marie Claire Issue September 2008.

Pages 118 to 122

And before I post this... I'd just like to add one thing:

Lisa Marie sounds desperate for attention, and she needs to stop swearing like that if she is going to be a mother again. Also, she sounds very snobbish in this... is it just me?!

Like I said in the Off Topic thread, it's just interesting how she's suddenly talking about him again, after like 3 years of quiet, lol. And in an interview about her new life and upcoming twins and whatnot. I would've thought Michael would've been the LAST thing on her mind. And I know it's all in hindsight and nothing new, but still....

And since when does Lisa have a farm in Hawaii? Did I read that right? LOL.

You know what I think when I see those fat photos?" she says, with a crooked smile. "I think, Fu(k. You. I'm not going to let them control me. I just let it all hang out. You want to look at me? Go ahead and look."

Now this..I like. :D I totally agree with her on this. What do they expect..she's freakin' PREGNANT! :lol But pregnant or not, it's just ridiculous how anything over a size 0 is labeled as "fat" or "baby bump". I admire that Lisa, for all her status and wealth, is able to be real about this...I get tired of stick as the standard of so called beauty..

Thanks so much for posting this! :8-26-03fruits_apple Love her or hate her, Lisa always makes for an interesting read! :p

Shannon

Interesting to read, yet nothing new, lol. I admire Lisa at the same time as she can be a bit of a smartass sometimes. :lol I listened to some of her music now recently and I must say I really liked it. :) Yeah, funny I haven't listened to it until now I know, lol.

Thanks for posting. :8-26-03fruits_apple

samba

So she hates media attention? Yeah, right. :lol

And I'm sure, if media would kiss Michael as% she would do the same.

Oh, and marrying Michael was bigger mistake than using drugs? wow!!

danaluvsmj

She really sounds bitter. Why is she so callous about Michael after all these years? If it was such a big mistake marrying him, then why doesn't she just shut her mouth?

fern

LMP knows that if she makes an interview without talking about Elvis, Nic Cage and especially MJ, NO ONES WILL CARE ABOUT this interview, let's see what magazine aks for the photos of a twins and above are many they ready to pay for...i agree with you if married MJ who the biggest mistake of his fucking life, why does she still talks about him more than 10 years lafter...have you ever heard MJ talk about her after the divorce, i hope he is much happier with Grace

danaluvsmj;205760 said:
She really sounds bitter. Why is she so callous about Michael after all these years? If it was such a big mistake marrying him, then why doesn't she just shut her mouth?

Because she's an idiot.

Just_Peachy

..i agree with you if married MJ who the biggest mistake of his fucking life, why does she still talks about him more than 10 years lafter...have you ever heard MJ talk about her after the divorce, i hope he is much happier with Grace

:mellow:
:blink:

WHOA NELLY! Who said anything about him dating Grace? Do you know if this is true or not? Before you say something like that I would be certain that they are seeing each other... otherwise it'll bite ya in the butt later! (Just be careful what you say)

Irish Flower

God relax. You are not going to get any proof of any relationship. Michael Jackson guards his personal life. Why on earth would any fan get facts on that. He has never revealed anything in the past he ain't going to start now.

And as for LMP. Same old crap from her. Tired of her little naive girl crap.

Just_Peachy;205763 said:
:mellow:
:blink:

WHOA NELLY! Who said anything about him dating Grace? Do you know if this is true or not? Before you say something like that I would be certain that they are seeing each other... otherwise it'll bite ya in the butt later! (Just be careful what you say)

:lol, no one really knows for sure, either way. It's just a rumor that's been floating around the fan community (and later in some of the media) since like 2002, LOL. I doubt we'll ever know either way and I can't say I'd blame Michael for wanting to keep any relationship on the d/l after the frenzy that surrounded his relationships with Lisa and Debbie..

have you ever heard MJ talk about her after the divorce

Well, he did talk about her in the Life magazine in '97 (after they went to Africa together, AFTER the divorce, might I add..) and then again in TV Guide in '99, but it was nothing but positive things. Alright, so he might've disclosed a little much (like her telling him she regretted not having his kids), LOL but never anything negative. The last time he's even mentioned her name in public was that brief part on PHM. (and am I the only one who found it a bit odd that she wasn't even mentioned at ALL on LWMJ? Guess it just didn't fit into the image Bashir was trying to conjure up..:rolleyes:)

As for Lisa wanting attention, well I think it's a little bit of that (not so much the attention of it, but knowing that's what the media wants to hear about when they talk to her and so making the compromise) AND wanting to have an outlet for her 'frustration' at the same time. I really think there is a part of her that just can't let go, if only of the bitterness. But there's no doubt that what they had was real (she's even admitted as much) and not a 'pr stunt' like some think. You don't get THAT bitter over a PR stunt..lol.

I mean, I think she has moved on in most ways obviously, but she still apparently feels the need for this outlet. (if only to be a fly on the wall for what happened between them to piss her off so much..LOL) And it's not like she hasn't said positive things too (she said he was great with her kids and with his own on one of her Larry King interviews)...it's like she changes the tenacity of her tone about him with each interview and audience...so I think it's a little bit of both....venting frustration/old pain, as well as wanting to please a certain audience, which is somewhat dissapointing for a self-proclaimed rebel as she is, but anyway..

Nothing really new on the most part, LOL.

Well, Lisa just posted a new blog to her Myspace. Apparently she's claiming that the interview was not presented in full context. Who knows if this applies to the part about Michael, LOL, but I just thought I'd share, since it's relevant to this conversation and all. :p:

Friday, August 08, 2008

HELLO

Hello ! So Sorry it has been so long.

THANK YOU so much for all of the amazing positive energy and beautiful well wishes you are sending our way, we love reading them. We are beyond thrilled and Blessed, elated and saturated in happiness.

I have to say a couple of things that I feel are important to say right now.

A few months ago, I did a quick interview with Entertainment Tonight and I Stuck my foot in my mouth and said that I was having twins by accident.

I BEGGED them to edit that out and not say anything yet as I wasn't ready for it to be out there then, but that when I was , I would give it to them exclusively.

They really could have ran with it but they said they would not.

They actually kept their word which I found so refreshing, I couldn't believe it.

I really want to thank them for that. They are one of the last remaining Entertainment news shows that has kept its dignity and high standards in the current morally degraded climate we are now in.

In the past couple of years, high profile type people seem to have less and less rights , less privacy and protection. The onslaught of internet and tabloid sites mostly want only blood now. They have managed to make being a public figure a 24/7 public stoning and execution of various sorts. Some obviously more brutal than others.

It is so nice that ET does not engage in that and that they still respect people , entertainers and artists. That they see and respect their value in society and still give them some dignity and respect.

THANK YOU !!!!!!

Now,

I have been asked where the Pictures that are appearing on ET are coming from.

They were taken by Davis Factor and 2 of them will appear in Marie Claire.

Unfortunately , I can't get behind the article that goes along with them though.

I gave a 3 hour heart felt interview and what became of it was Quotes that were usually about something else entirely in the conversation , grossly simplified and taken way out of context and sprinkled randomly and erroneously throughout the 2 pages.

If you want it for the photos then great but I am not behind the article at all.

I MISS YOU

I hope you are happy (or at least mildly amused... )

For those who have been asking me, I am not recording at the moment as there isn't much room for breathing and singing right now, most of that area has been taken up and I cant really sing a line without running out of air halfway though. Writing and recording will resume when the little occupants in there have decided to join the outside world

Take Care and talk to you soon

~LMP

Hmm...

Just_Peachy

Well okay then... I can see how some things may have been taken out of context and "sprinkled" into the article.

However, I still have lost a large amount of respect for her. What was "sprinkled" could or could not have been any good things about MJ, so until I hear something good come from her, :uh_uh:

Yes she has said a few true statements about MJ on various shows, but where they good? In her standards? Curious...

At least she was able to put some rest to this disaster.