Memories of you

R e a f u

A question for everyone, have you found any music(outside of Michael's music) that makes you think of Michael? How does it make you feel?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhXXJRRHKGw[/video]

This song is totally unrelated to Michael, it actually comes from a game I have. But the english lyrics sound like something I'd want to tell Michael if you could talk to people who have passed on. So here's the english lyrics:

Voices of the wind and beads of light I let flow to you
I won't forget your gentle smile sadness hidden in your eyes
Even if wishing is painful, you gave me courage to stand up

So I'll go; we'll meet again when you awake in your dream

I hold faraway memories to my heart and sing

You protected this empty, wavering world with your own hands
So now just fold your wings and sleep peacefully
Enveloped in eternal tranquility, love through all eternity
Sleep within these hands, gently watching over you
I remember you, laughing, crying, getting angry
I'll never forget, ever, until my life is exhausted

From the intersection I heard a voice like yours
I turned and looked towards the sky, holding back my tears
Tomorrow, some day
I believe I'll see you again, and wander alone
On rainy nights, I keep waiting for a sunny morning

I won't forget the nights we ran through

In dazzling, shining moments we were all together
I spent them without realizing how precious they were
Now, to remember them fondly I will embrace the feeling
You were right there with me
Always always always you were smiling there beside me
Even if I lose you I'll get you back I will never leave you

You protected this empty, wavering world with your own hands
So now just fold your wings and sleep peacefully
Enveloped in eternal tranquility, love through all eternity
Sleep within these hands, gently watching over you
I remember you, laughing, crying, getting angry
I'll never forget, ever, until my life is exhausted

In dazzling, shining moments we were all together
I spent them without realizing how precious they were
Now, to remember them fondly I will embrace the feeling
You were right there with me
Always always always you were smiling there beside me
Even if I lose you, I'll get you back, I will never leave you

Damn I'm ready to cry...So what songs make you think of Michael? Share them :D! Oh and this song is called Memories of You.

LittleSusie50

Great topic...let's see

I'll Remember by Madonna
Angel by Aerosmith
I Grieve by Peter Gabriel
I Know by Jude
Beautiful by Christina Aguilerra
Superman (Its Not Easy) by Five for Fighting

There are more, but they escape me right now.
Some of these songs reminded me of Michael before he passed, and some afterwards. The one that really gets to me now is the song Stevie Wonder sang at the memorial. It reminded me of my nephew and my boyfriend when they passed away...I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer. That song made me cry the first time I heard it in the Janet Jackson movie Poetic Justice. I never dreamed that memories of Michael would ever be attached to that song. Its beautiful and sad at the same time. I'll probably never listen to it again...:(

Saphster

Heavensent- by Keyshia Cole
Rehab- by Rihanna
Paparazzi- Lady Gaga
Decode- by Paramore

Those are my top 4 that remind me of him. ALOT.

Decode is the theme song from the movie Twilight. Edward (the vampire) reminds me so MUCH of Michael! How he cannot fully be himself. He is stuck in a world where everything moves slowly around him, while is life is moving at full speed. He finds someone he loves but cannot be with her how he would like to be. It's sad...he is so unhappy.

HeavenSent

Smile-Angela Winbush
Angel-Angela Winbush

I will never forget, I'd had a dream of Smile playing from my patio. When I awoke, I remember looking over at my nightstand and the Vibe Mag cover done by Kidada Jones was staring right at me. 6 years ago, and it'll always have a special place in me whenever I hear it.

oldschoolfan

When Michael died the radio station played Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton. I will probably never listen to that song EVER again....

oldschoolfan

LittleSusie50;215708 said:
The one that really gets to me now is the song Stevie Wonder sang at the memorial. It reminded me of my nephew and my boyfriend when they passed away...I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer.

Oh yeah I forgot that one, that must officially be THE most depressing song on the planet, I had never heard it till the memorial, and I cried so much I genuinely nearly passed out.

Another one that makes me think of Michael is Close my Eyes by Mariah Carey, especially ''Guardian Angel I sail away on an ocean with you by my side, orange clouds roll by, they burn into your image and you're still alive (you're always alive)''

:8-26-03baby:

R e a f u

oldschoolfan;215734 said:
When Michael died the radio station played Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton. I will probably never listen to that song EVER again....

Holy shoot, how could I miss that one :O!

LittleSusie50

You are so right oldschoolfan. I thought I was gonna come out of my skin when I heard that Stevie would be performing that song. I don't think I have ever cried so hard in my entire life the way I did when he sang that.
I am so surprised that we are all still standing...what a nightmare, and that is not a strong enough word to describe this...

R e a f u

LittleSusie50;215740 said:
You are so right oldschoolfan. I thought I was gonna come out of my skin when I heard that Stevie would be performing that song. I don't think I have ever cried so hard in my entire life the way I did when he sang that.
I am so surprised that we are all still standing...what a nightmare, and that is not a strong enough word to describe this...

I literally cried, lost the colour in my skin and passed out with hypoglycemia during the memorial :blink:. It's a miracle we're all still here :eek:!

Cristine87

oldschoolfan;215734 said:

Yeah, I can't listen to that one ever again!