Michael and vitiligo

mjlover123

Well i was wondering since we all know that Michael has viliago i wonder will it pass on to his children. I just couldnt help noticing that in some pics that Paris and Prince are soo light. what u think?:confused:

You might not believe me but his children don't appear to be as light as they're made out to be.

I was recently granted access into the Prince Edward theatre by Michael's main head of security while he was in london and I sat within such close proximity to Michael and his unmasked children that I, was able to personally witness that his children are quite contrary to reports, very dark, especially blanket.

Even still.. you're question is relevent as we all know that Michael has inherited this condition from his his fathers side of the family so there is no question that this condition could possibly be passed onto his children

Tessa

Hmm. I thought that was the case..But I have seen pics..and they do look light-skinned.

I hope when Michael does unveil his kids to the general public that they do look as beautiful and have resemblence to him like they say..

mysteriousone

Well I'd believe A.Beautiful.Mind before I believe any other reports, or pictures, because she has already said, she saw them in the FLESH! :)

Mysti!

mysteriousone

A.Beautiful.Mind;178554 said:
You might not believe me but his children don't appear to be as light as they're made out to be.
I believe you! :)

I was recently granted access into the Prince Edward theatre by Michael's main head of security while he was in london and I sat within such close proximity to Michael and his unmasked children that I, was able to personally witness that his children are quite contrary to reports, very dark, especially blanket.
Is Blanket, Michael's biological son though? :idontknow I was under the impression he wasn't! If he's not, there's no way he's going to inherit anything from Michael, genetic wise, I mean!

Even still.. you're question is relevent as we all know that Michael has inherited this condition from his his fathers side of the family so there is no question that this condition could possibly be passed onto his children
Maybe it's skipped generations and Michael's children haven't inherited it, but their children will--that's a possibility too!

Mysti!

mjlover123

From what Michael said in the Bashir interview Blanket came from a surrogate using his own sperm cells so yes he is Michael's biological son.

A.Beautiful.Mind;178554 said:

Hey, congratulations! :8-26-03respect: I know you've posted in the past about looking forward to something like that for a long time, so I'm so stoked for you that you finally got to see him, up close! Amazing, isn't it? :wub:

But (back on topic, lol)..it should be remembered that Michael's children (well, Prince and Paris, at least..) are multiracial. So they are generally gonna be lighter than possibly expected. I think some people out there expected them to be as dark complected as he was as a kid but that just isn't realistic, lol. (Examples: O.J Simpson's daughter, Sydney, with her blonde hair, Mariah Carey, etc, etc..)

I think it's a real shame that something like this is even an issue to people out there. (Not talking to the topic starter, I mean people in the press and others in the public in general..) Proves that racial barriers still DO exist in society, you know?...:unsure:

danaluvsmj

I actually saw the children from a distance at Neverland, so it was hard to tell their skin complexion,though Paris looked pretty dark. I think since they are multiracial, their skin color is going to vary.I don't know how vitiligo gets passed on, so who knows if they could get it or not?

trenny

I saw in an interview once with Janet, the person giving the interview asked if Michael bleached his skin and she said "no Vitaligo runs in our family" then she said "Latoya has it too". But personally speaking my own aunt has Vitaligo and as the years go buy it's been covering most of her body. And it did'nt apear untill she was well in her 30s

Saphster

What Is Vitiligo?

Vitiligo (vit-ill-EYE-go) is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin, the mucous membranes (tissues that line the inside of the mouth and nose and genital and rectal areas), and the retina (inner layer of the eyeball) are destroyed. As a result, white patches of skin appear on different parts of the body. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo usually turns white.

The cause of vitiligo is not known, but doctors and researchers have several different theories. One theory is that people develop antibodies that destroy the melanocytes in their own bodies. Another theory is that melanocytes destroy themselves. Finally, some people have reported that a single event such as sunburn or emotional distress triggered vitiligo; however, these events have not been scientifically proven to cause vitiligo.

http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/vitiligo/vitiligo.htm#1

I have read about many pages, and articles about Vitiligo, and I highly doubt it is passed on to children. It usually occurs when people reach their 20's to 30's.

Many children turn out to be light if they are bi-racial. I know many girls who are black, and have come out as light as me, and come out with blue eyes! Everyone comes out different.

mysteriousone

mjlover123;178597 said:
From what Michael said in the Bashir interview Blanket came from a surrogate using his own sperm cells so yes he is Michael's biological son.
Ah...okay! I saw the interview too, but I left the room a couple of times (can you blame me, lol) so obviously I missed that part! Thanks for clarifying that! :D

Mysti!