Michael Jackson Death Investigation Complete

MJfan01'

The LAPD investigation into Michael Jackson's death has been completed and the case will go the D.A. within weeks, law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... and, we're told, it's all but certain Dr. Conrad Murray will be criminally charged in MJ's death.

Our sources say detectives completed their investigation late last month and the case will be formally presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney as soon as scheduling allows. Turns out ... the presentation will draw quite the crowd. A number of members of the LAPD and the D.A.'s office will be present, and finding a date when everyone can show is a little tricky ... but we're told it will happen in a matter of weeks.

One very informed source says the LAPD investigation was "exhaustive" and "extremely thorough" and the D.A. has enough evidence to pull the trigger on a criminal case against Dr. Murray. That said, we're told the case is complicated, in part because Dr. Murray did not break any laws in administering Propofol to Jackson.

One law enforcement source connected with the case notes the D.A. has been actively working with the LAPD and it's all but certain the case will be filed. As for the charge -- a decision has not been made, but our sources say the likelihood is involuntary manslaughter, which requires a showing of gross negligence.
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/08/michael-jackson-conrad-murray-death-investigation-lapd-manslaughter/

privacy

I thought administering propofol outside of hospital was illegal though? Am I remembering wrong? It's been a while.. :/

I hope he gets what he deserves.

HeavenSent

I know! That part confuses the hell out of me.

That said, we're told the case is complicated, in part because Dr. Murray did not break any laws in administering Propofol to Jackson.
I guess techically it wasn't illegal, just highly dumb and careless to give him propofol without the proper equipment and monitoring. Gosh. I just want this to be over.

privacy

I just don't see him getting jail time for this. I really don't. Maybe it's just me being negative because hello? Justice for Michael? As if! But.. all I see is them finding something that pales to the fact that a man has died, giving him a fine, or something equally as pathetic.

I'm not holding my breath.

Maiky

I really hope that Murray will pay for what he has done to Michael, and I do hope he's going to prison for that. poor Michael...:(

HeavenSent

privacy;231910 said:
I just don't see him getting jail time for this. I really don't. Maybe it's just me being negative because hello? Justice for Michael? As if! But.. all I see is them finding something that pales to the fact that a man has died, giving him a fine, or something equally as pathetic.

I'm not holding my breath.

Me neither, girl. I don't trust the LAPD, I don't trust the DA, hell I don't even trust some of the Jacksons. Even though I have tried to give folks the benefits of the doubt, I'm sorry... I'm a CFL. Cynic For Life.

Cristine87

I hope he at least loses his license! I'm sorry but your negligence caused a man to die! He needs to do jail time!

LittleSusie50

I AM PISSED...

Explain, please Lord, somebody, anybody, explain to me...
How the fcuk can you be ready to take the medical license of
The Octumom's doctor, and then, Lord Jesus, somebody explain to me,
how the hell can it be legal to give ANYONE propofol outside of a hospital setting and then be allowed to reopen the medical practice he abandoned? Somebody explain to me how you can pump medications over the course of the night into a person, who DIED from the medications administered by this fcuking quack, and then say he technically did nothing wrong because he is a 'doctor' ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What if he gave him some crack, heroine, would that have been better?
Octumom is ALIVE, Michael is DEAD, but they take the other guy's license????

I gotta go, I can't take this $hit anymore, I'm done.

Shannon

HeavenSent;231935 said:
Me neither, girl. I don't trust the LAPD, I don't trust the DA, hell I don't even trust some of the Jacksons. Even though I have tried to give folks the benefits of the doubt, I'm sorry... I'm a CFL. Cynic For Life.

:8-26-03respect:

Saphster

I am trying so hard not to get excited but can't help it! I want this to be over! And I want justice for Michael's death! *pounds fist* He should at least get that right? I am praying hard Michael...I won't be the same if this dude doesn't some type of punishment.

OneMoreChance

HeavenSent;231935 said:

Co-sign! When it comes to anything Michael Jackson related I become very cynical. I wonder why that is?:rolleyes: