Michael Jackson: To speculate or not to speculate?

Crazy4MiJac

In another recent thread, "I'm just going to say it," has me wondering: how do the members on this forum respond to speculation about Michael's life?

I love Michael Jackson unconditionally, for a variety of reasons that I shan't delve into at this moment... Well, let me just say that I believe the essence of his true character is made known through his music, his writings and his dedication to philanthropy. I think his good heart is unquestionably apparent to anyone who takes the effort to notice it.

I digress, though: I am keenly interested in understanding his entire life as completely as is possible, and I love throwing out ideas and possibilities to discuss with other fans. I like to look at things from all angles. I like to weigh the raw evidence, the credibility of sources, the number of corroborating stories... to try to get to the truth, whatever it may be. It's like a puzzle to me... Michael Jackson's life is the ultimate puzzle.

And - I need to say - I do not fall on my knees and worship the claims of any party, the Jackson family, or even Michael himself. No-one is fool-proof, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, there are some things we'll never know - some things we're not meant to know - but is this not the nature of history? Will we ever know, in any concrete way, anything of history? Is not every document tainted with some degree of bias?

Yet we still sift through the masses, searching for kernels of truth... or, at least, the most probable possibility.

Your thoughts? What is generally tolerated/not-tolerated? Obviously I'm not talking about stupid crap, like "Is his nose a fake?" That's... not my point at all. :mellow:

HeavenSent

Crazy4MiJac;213725 said:
I am keenly interested in understanding his entire life as completely as is possible, and I love throwing out ideas and possibilities to discuss with other fans. I like to look at things from all angles. I like to weigh the raw evidence, the credibility of sources, the number of corroborating stories... to try to get to the truth, whatever it may be. It's like a puzzle to me... Michael Jackson's life is the ultimate puzzle.

Me. In a nut shell.

But you know what's holding my ass back right now? The circus. My brain is overloaded, I feel like I can't trust or believe anything, even the things that could easily be true. My comfort level of reconciling certain parts of his life is futile to achieving at this point. That's a fact with me. Perhaps when the next stage of the investigation (ie, those damn tox reports) hits, I can sort thru it all.

Crazy4MiJac

Good to know! :)

I've just... well, I've been on forums before that seem to have an underlying zero-tolerance policy when it comes to anything that doesn't absolutely glorify Michael's name in every conceivable way, if you get what I mean.

I try to avoid offending people whenever possible, so I figured it would be best to just ask.

Thanks!

But, yeah - the situation right now is so out of hand. We don't have any more relatively credible information than we did one, two weeks ago - they're just spinning wheels for the sake of ratings.

Jackson829

For me, I'm not speculating on anything. Sure if its even half decent I'll listen, but I won't believe it. I know its human nature to piece the puzzles together, but they have to be the right pieces. The media always gives us the pieces from a different puzzle. It doesn't match Michael at all. I mean, I learned a long time ago that Michael Jackson and the media don't mesh well. I'm waiting 'til the toxicology reports come in.

R e a f u

As a science student, I'm waiting for the toxicology reports before coming to any conclusions or passing any judgements.

I learned a long time ago that Michael Jackson and the media don't mesh well.

That's it in a nutshell.

HeavenSent

Crazy4MiJac;213732 said:
I've just... well, I've been on forums before that seem to have an underlying zero-tolerance policy when it comes to anything that doesn't absolutely glorify Michael's name in every conceivable way, if you get what I mean.
haha yeah, the point I was trying to made in that other thread. In the coming days, weeks and months, we gotta re-condition ourselves and prepare to take the good with the bad. Such is life, but I know we can do do it in a rational, humane way. Michael was a man, ie, human.

HeavenSent

Jackson829;213734 said:
I'm waiting 'til the toxicology reports come in.
You do realize that the tox reports may not be the end, though. It'll be one piece but not the entire puzzle to fully understand what the hell happened. You toss in the LAPD investigations, the doctors, the timelines with AEG, the yes men, Michael himself...talk about needing to build up some fortitude.

oldschoolfan

I think as long as you are respectful of Michael then it's fine to have your idea. When I started my thread as I'm sure you know I wasn't trying to start speculation or say 'I just KNOW this is what happened', it was more of a 'this kind of seems like a logical reason, not some bullshit the media created'. I only base my view on fact, not because of the stories coming out now. It was more of a 'please don't forget Michael was a human'.
Michael's death was shocking, but the story of his death doesn't have to be.

Missy

I love knowing little snippets about him and discussing ideas about his life too; but, at the moment, I don't feel much like doing that... I hate the speculation surrounding his death because no one knows what happened and I just feel it's pointless to discuss. It just aggitates me and makes me feel like I'm going back to square one and having to cope with new information about what he may or may not have gone through, and some of it is painful to hear. I'm still just utterly devistated he's gone and nothing else seems to matter - not even the why.

Despite that though, if I see some information about him on here I will read it, maybe because I'm a glutton for punishment, maybe because part of me does want to know why this has happened. But I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt at the moment and try to sit out the wait. It's hard, but it's better than listening to and believing all the bullcrap.

etoile37

If the speculation wasn't so negative, I wouldn't mind, but now it's getting really annoying. Like that person who said that his nanny was pumping his stomach. It turned out to be untrue, but it made people go "Look at the weirdo!" and even if his nanny denied it, they will still see him that way, they just can't forget that easily. They shouldn't say negative things unless they're 100% sure it's true. What's the point of destroying him like that? :confused: Show a little respect...

HeavenSent;213727 said:
Me. In a nut shell.

But you know what's holding my ass back right now? The circus. My brain is overloaded, I feel like I can't trust or believe anything, even the things that could easily be true. My comfort level of reconciling certain parts of his life is futile to achieving at this point. That's a fact with me. Perhaps when the next stage of the investigation (ie, those damn tox reports) hits, I can sort thru it all.

It won't come as much of a surprise to you (as we often are:8-26-03fruits_apple), but you and I are on the same page here. The same exact one.

That and the fact that I'm still trying to wrap my head (and heart) around it all...*sighs* :(