MJ Song Innuendo and Double Entendres? Possible or no?

xenedra

I've often wondered,

Given as intelligent as Michael was...did he write songs to sound like one thing, but mean another?

I'm no conspiracy theorist, just a long time poet and artist...and being such, I know I do it all the time. It's a way for the artist to air dirty laundry, without people knowing they are doing it...allowing the author the satisfaction of knowing what they said, without people knowing what they said, if you catch my drift.

Innuendo. Double Entendres. Dual Meanings.

It seems plausible to me. And following a conversation on this board recently about the illuminati and references to it in song, (I personally think the illuminati conspiracy is absolute nonsense), I have gone back to thinking about a variation of this subject from time to time. I've never put that much research into it, but sometimes lyrics jump out at me as...odd. And a few minutes ago I heard one, that I've heard before many times...but this time when I listened to it, the question jumped out in my mind....I'll explain below.

Songs that I've detected a possibility of this dual meaning theory being true are ones like, Dangerous, Morphine, Blood on the Dance Floor, and Superfly Sister.

For instance...what if Dangerous isn't really about a 'woman'

But a tour? The tour being his mistress? Him falling prey to the power of the persona he held onstage...the adoration of the fans. How he couldn't sleep, how it took his time, his money...(allthough I know he made as much as he spent), it was 'no damn good for him'...maybe...causing him to fall into addiction? hmmm? It's possible.

The girl was persuasive
The girl I could not trust
The girl was bad first tour
The girl was dangerous upcoming tour (at time of writing)

I never knew but I was
Walking the line (playing with fire with his body so to speak)
Come go with me
I said I have no time (tried to get out of it)
She said don't you pretend we didn't
Talk on the phone (he wanted it, just not the consequences)
My baby cried
And left me standing alone (isolation during the BAD tour, lack of a relationship or better friendships?)

She's so dangerous (tour is so bad for him)
The girl is dangerous (identification- the tour IS Dangerous)
Take away my money (costly to produce- particularly the upcoming Dangerous tour, or money seekers sucking him dry on tour)
Throw away my time (costly to his time, his ability to have a life while on tour and during prep)
You can call me honey (he loves to perform)
But you're no damn good for me (but it's gonna kill him or hurt him physically/emotionally)

She came at me in sections -legs of a tour?
With the eyes of desire - adoration of fans?
I fell trapped into her -unable to escape the pressure of performing to uphold contract, meet financial obligations?
Web of sin - avenue to addiction
A touch, a kiss - his love of performing, more importantly, he could even be literally describing dance moves, or hell maybe even She's Out of My Life/YANA girls? lol
A whisper of love - fans
I was at the point
Of no return
- commited to dates, no way out...can't disappoint the fans

Deep in the darkness of (concerts in the dark, darkness within, lonliness, darkness of addiction...)
Passion's insanity (His love of performance again/dual meaning adoration of fans)
I felt taken by lust's (the power of the music)
Strange inhumanity (He gets sucked into the game, a victim of adoration perhaps?, slave to the music/fans?)
This girl was persuasive (the tour trumped his own needs)
This girl I could not trust (the tour was run by people after his money, without regard to overworking him, mistrust of crew to honor his privacy)
The girl was bad (girl=tour)
The girl was dangerous (girl=tour)

I could be totally cracked, and delusional... :hypo but it's interesting to consider nonetheless, I think. Just gets your brain going. And...I realize there are two other people who get written credit on the writing of this song but..come on. Lionel gets credit for helping write We are The World, and we know he didn't do F*-all there. :whistling ...just sayin'

I think MJ was 'crazy like a fox smart', :educate and maybe not in this song, but he could have played this writing trick in others. Lots of song writers do. Sometimes I wonder if more could be revealed about his real life, if the code could be broken, so to speak. :idontknow

Just something to think about. Feel free to consider it and discuss, :cantfigureout or shoot me down like a crazy person for thinking this way. :hitting It's all good. lol Who knows? Maybe somebody has thought of this one already.

-xenedra

Teva

I think Dangerous is about a woman
Heart Break Hotel is about a woman
Billie Jean is about groupies
Dirty Diana is about groupies

xenedra

[quote name="Teva"]I think Dangerous is about a woman
Heart Break Hotel is about a woman
Billie Jean is about groupies
Dirty Diana is about groupies[/quote]

You're probably right. I know for sure you are right on the last 3 anyway...the only reason Dangerous catches my ear is the 'BAD' line. it just seems a little hokey...like a blatant misreference. So obvious, it's...not obvious. But that's just me. I'm a read-between-the-line type of person.

OneMoreChance

Actualy Dagerous being about touring is not really that far of a stretch. Michael did not like touring (which makes me think of the PHM's "I love to tour!" :hilarious ). Anyway, Michael was an incredibly intelligent and I'm sure that alot of his songs have double meanings. We were just alking about 2000 Watts in another thread and how it could possible be about a female's orgasm. Which I had never thought of before but after it was brought and I looked at the lyrics I realized that it could be about that. I guess the songs mean something different to people. Everyone has their own interpretation.

privacy

I think it works, and people hear something and come to different conclusions all over the world :) It's what resonates with them personally.

Personally, I don't think he wrote songs like that. I mean, he's said that he's not exactly fond of touring in interviews and gets his point across in DA, Tabloid Junkie, Privacy, Money.. the way it's laid out up there is really detailed and concise. In my mind the lyrics came to him because of the feel of the music and the general message of the song about a girl. Not saying you're wrong tho, that's just my 2p :)

Daffodil-Dreams

I never really thought about his songs having double meanings. However, now that you mentioned it, I can actually see him doing something like that. It could be quite possible he personified all of the struggles he faced during touring as something he knew he had no real power, I suppose would be the word, against. So, I'm guessing that would be a woman. Maybe? I could be wrong. :2tongue

Pirate.

With the amount of painfully cheesey puns Michael let Chris Tucker use in YRMW, I wouldn't put it past Michael to just be using Bad as a hokey ref line XD