MJEOL Addiction: Tell us your story...

Caroline

Hey all

I haven't been around for a while (obviously)... it has probably been a good year or something. This is half by accident, half on purpose.

You see, MJEOL was the cause of a few problems for me. I couldn't use it in moderation! I was online all day, every day... at work, mostly, which was why it was a problem (particularly when they realised the company's internet usage had quadrupled in the space of three months). This was a couple of years ago and I swore I would go cold turkey.

Since then I've had a couple of nibbles, and EVERY time I've felt myself getting pulled back in again... you know.... "Oh, I'll just see if someone's replied... I'll see if so-and-so's online... I'll just see if Cindy is fighting with anyone right now" (is Cindy still lurking around here, by the way? lol).

Anyway.... I think I'm older and more mature... in fact, probably too old - 24 in a month or so! I'll be buying blue rinse and soaking my dentures soon! But the point I'm making is... I reckon I can do this sensibly now, so I thought i'd pop in and say hello. I see the old regulars are still here (hey Carla! hey Whisper! I missed you guys!).

I was wondering: has anyone else ever gotten into trouble over their MJEOL misuse/overuse/plain abuse....? lol.

Do share.... :)

Saphster

I was wondering: has anyone else ever gotten into trouble over their MJEOL misuse/overuse/plain abuse....?

No. I never really like to go to MJEOL when I'm on other computers besides my own. I always feel like someone is watching me, and what I'm doing, and I hate that paranoia. I'd be much more comfortable using a labtop.

But, anyway I've never gotten in anything bad due to Mjeol.:idontknow

Shannon

Well, I know for a fact that MJEOL indeed is addicting, LOL, but not that it was that bad. :unsure: :lol Awww... poor thing. :p

Nice to see you again though, Caroline. :wub: I'm not sure if you remember me, but I do remember your name and picture. Always good to have the good ol' members back. :D

HeavenSent

Caroline!!!! *dies. comes back to life again* I-It's my cyber twin!!!!! S-she's back!!!! :mf_w00t2:

I've missed you, babe! So much!

Check it: It's kinda coincidental, but just last week I was thinking about how completely fun and insane this place used to be. Back when it was me, you, Jess, Emma, Lucy, Vicky, Mathilde, Minnie...er Cindy..and all the rest of the gang. It's still nice here... but it's more warm and fuzzy than "I'mma ring your neck if you don't shut up" hahaha. And I have to admit, I kinda miss the bull!

I remember when you used to complain how addicting MJEOL was when you had that receptionist job! Back when "The Finale" ruled the fanfictions. Remember?!

Back in the day, I'd skip class to come online. At work, I'd stay parked at the computer. But those days are OVER! I have a happy medium going and I refuse to let anything internet related dominate my life. Life's been busy and luckily I have more than enough to fill it! But MJEOL will always be special.

It's so good seeing you. Pop in more often, okay?!

Mathilde

^lol, yeah it was real fun 3-4 years ago! I'm not sure we'll ever get that dynamic back we had back then. It was really unique.
And I used to spend way too much time on here too! It was actually an addiction I couldn't really control. I still like getting online here but luckily it's nowhere near an addiction for me anymore :) Sometimes I've thought of trying to completely quit coming here, but I don't think I can do that. MJEOL was my first internet 'home'...

Anyway, good to see you again Caroline!

mysteriousone

Welcome back, Caroline! Not sure if you remember me, but I remember you because you were one of the few who welcomed me when I joined! :) I never forget people with manners...:wub:

HeavenSent said:
but it's more warm and fuzzy than "I'mma ring your neck if you don't shut up" hahaha. And I have to admit, I kinda miss the bull!
LMAO@ warm and fuzzy now! Hmm....I guess you've missed out on quite a bit of the action, Carla babe! There have been things posted in here as recent as last week, and one could hardly call them "Warm and Fuzzy" :uh_uh:

Someone spat the dummy, and I mean, SPAT THE DUMMY! :whistle

Mysti!

Caroline

Carla! I still have that photo of you and I blended into one person. lol. Cyber-twin indeed. I missed you heeeeeeeeeeeaps. :)

I miss your fanfic too - did you ever finish it? My god. That story was half the reason I was so hooked. lol.

Shannon - I remember you for sure! And Mysti, I remember you too - thanks for the compliment. I agree, it's nice to feel welcomed. You guys have done a great job of it for me, even though I've been away so long. I always have a home here :)

Does Vicki ever come on here any more, by the way?

What was the "action" you refer to last week? Do you mean people rarely fight any more? The fighting was kinda fun. Just the way Jess and Vicki used to smartmouth people. lol. So cutting but so funny.

Mathilde

mysteriousone;194520 said:
Welcome back, Caroline! Not sure if you remember me, but I remember you because you were one of the few who welcomed me when I joined! :) I never forget people with manners...:wub:

LMAO@ warm and fuzzy now! Hmm....I guess you've missed out on quite a bit of the action, Carla babe! There have been things posted in here as recent as last week, and one could hardly call them "Warm and Fuzzy" :uh_uh:

Someone spat the dummy, and I mean, SPAT THE DUMMY! :whistle

Mysti!

LOL, in the old days there were almost fights on here several times a day. And it wasn't possible to miss them. People really thrived on the fights I think. I don't think it will ever get like that again.

Part of the reason must also have been that MJEOL used te be a lot more active back then with more people posting more posts everyday.

Mathilde

Caroline;194555 said:

No she doesn't. She and Jess were banned from here a little over a year ago. It's a long story that I won't bother you with. Anyway, she and Jess started their own forum

A lot of the regular posters you might remember from here post there now.

HeavenSent

Caroline;194555 said:
Carla! I still have that photo of you and I blended into one person. lol. Cyber-twin indeed. I missed you heeeeeeeeeeeaps. :)

I miss your fanfic too - did you ever finish it? My god. That story was half the reason I was so hooked. lol.
Back And Forth? Hell no! I dumped that story like a bad habit :lol I couldn't figure out how to finish it. I've since started two new ones, Serious Effect (3 threads) and a shorter one, Of All The Things. You and me inspired each other, those were the days!

Sadly, nope. steady-laughing.com is where she's at. Like Mathilde said, alot of the older members are over there.

What was the "action" you refer to last week? Do you mean people rarely fight any more? The fighting was kinda fun. Just the way Jess and Vicki used to smartmouth people. lol. So cutting but so funny.
:lol

I guess I've missed out, cause I haven't gotten into hot mess with ANYBODY around here.:(

Someone spat the dummy, and I mean, SPAT THE DUMMY!

Mysti, praytell! I haven't heard of any drama lately!

Shannon

HeavenSent;194573 said:
:lol

I guess I've missed out, cause I haven't gotten into hot mess with ANYBODY around here.:(

I hereby step forward and make a voluntarily appearance as Carla's hateful enemy. My qualities: Being a bitch.

However, if you are seeking for some hot mess, Carla, I strongly advise you to keep your attention on the fanfic threads you, at least used to, read. There's been a lot going on, but hey... maybe you've just been lazy?

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
This is an interesting thread.

MJEOL had a lot of ....problems.... back in 'the good ole days' as well. So I don't wanna go back in time too much other than to say there were many hateful people up in here trying to take over and treating other folks like crap (especially with PM arguments).

So lets look toward the future and have a great time with people who want to be here. :D :D

Anyway, am I addicted to MJEOL? Do I really need to answer that question! :lol :lol :p

mysteriousone

Mathilde;194560 said:
LOL, in the old days there were almost fights on here several times a day. And it wasn't possible to miss them. People really thrived on the fights I think. I don't think it will ever get like that again.

Part of the reason must also have been that MJEOL used te be a lot more active back then with more people posting more posts everyday.
:eek: Thrived on fights..........my god that's terrible! Where were the mod's? WHO were the mods back then? Didn't they know how to do their job properly? Nope :uh_uh: I can't see it ever getting like that again simply because the mod's do their job and not only that, but nowadays there seems to be a more mature bunch hanging out in here! :thumbsup

I gotta love this place now! :D

Mysti!

mysteriousone

whisper;194647 said:

MJEOL had a lot of ....problems.... back in 'the good ole days' as well. So I don't wanna go back in time too much other than to say there were many hateful people up in here trying to take over and treating other folks like crap (especially with PM arguments).

So lets look toward the future and have a great time with people who want to be here. :D :D

Anyway, am I addicted to MJEOL? Do I really need to answer that question! :lol :lol :p
Yeah, when I joined I lurked for a while because there looked to be a few bullies around and I don't like bullies! :uh_uh: Some people were getting picked on from what I saw and it wasn't very nice! BUT.......I plucked up the courage and posted! Sure someone had a go at me but I stood my ground and they buzzed off and left me alone! :thumbsup :lol

I LOVE MJEOL but I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it--I always look forward to logging in and spending time here but if something pops up like a date or something, I'm outta here! :lol

Mysti!

Shannon

whisper;194647 said:

Indeed.

I think I became a member of MJEOL right in the middle of that time, and although I loved the place in general, I gotta say I was quite shocked by how some people tried to rule over others and treat them like crap. I know some members ultimately got afraid of voicing their opinions around here, simply because they knew they would get their head bit off if they did -- and when we're talking about such treatment on a public discussion board, I find it pure disgusting.

The sad thing is that I know of several very intelligent, very sweet members who eventually got enough of the bullying and left. I am not sure whether it was the intention or not, but I know for a fact that the words and treatment they got thrown in their face was very hurtful. I really wish the mods would've done something against it, but instead -- in fact -- decided to rather play along with it. It's unfortunate that sort of behaviour got tolerated.

But maybe... maybe that says more about the mods and their lack of maturity more than anything else?

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
mysteriousone;194664 said:
:eek: Thrived on fights..........my god that's terrible! Where were the mod's? WHO were the mods back then? Didn't they know how to do their job properly? Nope :uh_uh: I can't see it ever getting like that again simply because the mod's do their job and not only that, but nowadays there seems to be a more mature bunch hanging out in here! :thumbsup

I gotta love this place now! :D

Mysti!

...some of the Mods at the time were the ones bullying and starting fights. :cryptic It was during a time where I just didn't have hardly any time at all to be here. So people tried to ...rule over... other members almost like they owned the forum. It took me a while to tell that they were nasty s.o.b.s because when I called them on it, they turned very hostile to me as well.

I found out that they drove a lot of very funny, fun-loving, silly, decent people away from here before and especially after I finally got rid of them.

SOME (and I do stress SOME) of the mods were absolutely ridiculous compared to the ones we have now. :D

But yeah this place has matured. Some of you guys have graduated high school or graduated from college since you've been at MJEOL! :p MJEOL is a part of some peoples' lives now and for that I am very happy. :D

HeavenSent

MJEOL was/is a good place. There was a time when it was always drama. There was a mob mentality where all it took was one post to stir things up. Just one. And before you knew it everyone joined in, even those who weren't prone to.

I guess Mathilde and I are the only ex mods here out of the ousted ones, but I didn't REVEL in drama. I miss the sharpness and the wit but I didn't go looking for arguments.

HeavenSent

Shannon;194585 said:
However, if you are seeking for some hot mess, Carla, I strongly advise you to keep your attention on the fanfic threads you, at least used to, read. There's been a lot going on, but hey... maybe you've just been lazy?

Lazy? No. Been busy. And if it's in the fanfic threads, then lord knows I don't have time!

I hereby step forward and make a voluntarily appearance as Carla's hateful enemy. My qualities: Being a bitch.
Lol, what?

Shannon

HeavenSent;194735 said:
Lazy? No. Been busy. And if it's in the fanfic threads, then lord knows I don't have time!
Well, if you don't have time for that, then I assume you don't have time for any arguments either, or am I wrong? :p

Lol, what?

Ohh, it'll make sense eventually, so don't worry about that, girl. :bleh :lol

Saphster

HeavenSent;194457 said:
Check it: It's kinda coincidental, but just last week I was thinking about how completely fun and insane this place used to be. Back when it was me, you, Jess, Emma, Lucy, Vicky, Mathilde, Minnie...er Cindy..and all the rest of the gang. It's still nice here... but it's more warm and fuzzy than "I'mma ring your neck if you don't shut up" hahaha. And I have to admit, I kinda miss the bull!
Er Cindy? Those two words said so much!:icrackingup

Back in the day, I'd skip class to come online. At work, I'd stay parked at the computer. But those days are OVER! I have a happy medium going and I refuse to let anything internet related dominate my life. Life's been busy and luckily I have more than enough to fill it! But MJEOL will always be special.

I kinda miss that phase.:( I know what you mean about those days being over though. I wish I was a bit more part of it. I was kinda in the shadows alot.:lol