MJEOL Addiction: Tell us your story...

Saphster

whisper;194706 said:
...some of the Mods at the time were the ones bullying and starting fights. :cryptic It was during a time where I just didn't have hardly any time at all to be here. So people tried to ...rule over... other members almost like they owned the forum. It took me a while to tell that they were nasty s.o.b.s because when I called them on it, they turned very hostile to me as well.

I found out that they drove a lot of very funny, fun-loving, silly, decent people away from here before and especially after I finally got rid of them.

SOME (and I do stress SOME) of the mods were absolutely ridiculous compared to the ones we have now. :D

But yeah this place has matured. Some of you guys have graduated high school or graduated from college since you've been at MJEOL! :p MJEOL is a part of some peoples' lives now and for that I am very happy. :D

Awwwwwwwwww! I was never a mod so I wouldn't really know!:uh_uh:

Lmao just kidding!:lol

But, I didn't know all of that! That's terrible. I hope you banned those fools for life! :eek:hnoyoudidnt

JANIE

Hi All:

Thought I'd pop back in and say Hi.

As for getting addicted; I must confess I had the same problem. :lol: I honestly spent quite a long time sleeping, dreaming, and breathing Mr Michael Jackson :lol: Eventually hubby started complaining that as many as five nights a week I wasn't getting into bed until gone 3am. (Obviously the time difference UK-US has a bearing on all this) :lol: . There was also some bitchy competition stuff going on here that I didn't understand, and I had a couple of snipy pm's that totally made me see red... so I quit - to the extent that I even had poor old V chasing me about the internet :lol: And once I quit; things started going a bit loopy with my other Michael and his retirement from F1 and my own site needed some SERIOUS baby-sitting. Hell... the cat fights we've had, you just wouldn't believe it!!

I miss you guys, particularly Carla, Veronica and Mysti - and I thought I might come back ... theres just one thing tho: don't beat me up if I'm not here all the time - I'm just horrendously busy!

I'm desperate for some Michael news, I haven't heard anything for ages... and so I thought I'd have a bit of a poke about here and catch up with the gossip!!

Carla-girl... did you finish your fic? I was lost last time I started reading it, I must be lightyears behind now!!

Shannon

JANIE;195021 said:
Hi All:

As for getting addicted; I must confess I had the same problem. :lol: I honestly spent quite a long time sleeping, dreaming, and breathing Mr Michael Jackson :lol: Eventually hubby started complaining that as many as five nights a week I wasn't getting into bed until gone 3am. (Obviously the time difference UK-US has a bearing on all this) :lol: . There was also some bitchy competition stuff going on here that I didn't understand, and I had a couple of snipy pm's that totally made me see red... so I quit - to the extent that I even had poor old V chasing me about the internet :lol: And once I quit; things started going a bit loopy with my other Michael and his retirement from F1 and my own site needed some SERIOUS baby-sitting. Hell... the cat fights we've had, you just wouldn't believe it!!

I miss you guys, particularly Carla, Veronica and Mysti - and I thought I might come back ... theres just one thing tho: don't beat me up if I'm not here all the time - I'm just horrendously busy!

I'm desperate for some Michael news, I haven't heard anything for ages... and so I thought I'd have a bit of a poke about here and catch up with the gossip!!

Carla-girl... did you finish your fic? I was lost last time I started reading it, I must be lightyears behind now!!

Ohh my God... Janie, Janie, Janie. I have missed you so much, I was so thrilled to see your name again. :D We were just talking about you and your fic only a few days ago, I was actually planning to email you later tonight, LOL. Boy, what a coincidence, eh?

How are you? I have checked the other Michael site of yours a couple of times, but I decided not to bug you with my stalking skills once again. :lol Hope to see more of you here in the future, especially now as a new album is on the way and everything.

Ohh, and if you got time, you may check out the Favourites thread in the FanFiction section, and, of course your own fic thread. :p

JANIE

Oooh :D

Thanks for that V... will dash off and look now.

Ahem. I don't wanna start making promises *cough cough* but it might interest you to know that the other night I stayed up until 5 am reading the old fic and at the end I thought to myself... DAMN! I really gotta finish that!!! :bleh

Shannon

JANIE;195024 said:
Oooh :D

Thanks for that V... will dash off and look now.

Ahem. I don't wanna start making promises *cough cough* but it might interest you to know that the other night I stayed up until 5 am reading the old fic and at the end I thought to myself... DAMN! I really gotta finish that!!! :bleh

Yes, yes, yes. You definitely MUST finish your fic, hun, I would be on cloud nine if you as much as updated it. :cloud9 It IS my favourite fiction of all time, after all -- still, after reading so many.

Hey, when did you start calling me V? I thought you used to call me, Ronnie? LOL.

HeavenSent

JANIE;195021 said:
And once I quit; things started going a bit loopy with my other Michael and his retirement from F1 and my own site needed some SERIOUS baby-sitting. Hell... the cat fights we've had, you just wouldn't believe it!!
That'll always make one step away for a bit! Totally understand!

We've missed you too...Don't worry. We've all become a bit busy!

Nope, it's not finished. Not much has been done to it lately, I'm afraid! Writer's block, Type A :(

mysteriousone

HeavenSent;194716 said:
MJEOL was/is a good place. There was a time when it was always drama. There was a mob mentality where all it took was one post to stir things up. Just one. And before you knew it everyone joined in, even those who weren't prone to.

I guess Mathilde and I are the only ex mods here out of the ousted ones, but I didn't REVEL in drama. I miss the sharpness and the wit but I didn't go looking for arguments.
Hmm.....I don't quite know what to say, Carla! I mean, are you absolutely sure you didn't tag along like the other sheep? LMAO JK JK Seriously, do you remember that person "Simply The Worst (Best)"--she had something against you and I remember one of her posts where she'd said, "she was back and stronger"...........perhaps she felt you were bullying her too way back in the day! :idontknow She also got snotty with me too though and I didn't do a damn thing wrong but ask her what the hell she thought she was doing talking about me in the shoutbox (that time she told everyone I'd be jealous because she reckoned Michael was french kissing a fan :rolleyes: ) .....she's probably gone and told everyone Mysti from MJEOL bullied her--gawd, imagine that! :lol I don't remember reading anything of Mathilde's back then, but I remember seeing you post and thought you were one of the lovely one's--the sweet and bubbly sort! :wub:
Janie said:
Hi All:

As for getting addicted; I must confess I had the same problem. : I honestly spent quite a long time sleeping, dreaming, and breathing Mr Michael Jackson : Eventually hubby started complaining that as many as five nights a week I wasn't getting into bed until gone 3am. (Obviously the time difference UK-US has a bearing on all this) : . There was also some bitchy competition stuff going on here that I didn't understand, and I had a couple of snipy pm's that totally made me see red... so I quit - to the extent that I even had poor old V chasing me about the internet : And once I quit; things started going a bit loopy with my other Michael and his retirement from F1 and my own site needed some SERIOUS baby-sitting. Hell... the cat fights we've had, you just wouldn't believe it!!

JANIEEEEEE :yayyay Good to see you again! :wub: You and your funny stories have been missed dreadfully! I'm needing a good laugh right now cause I've been stressed to the max lately so care to tell me what you've been up to.........pretty please! :D

And I can so relate to the other half getting all worked up! :rolleyes: It's like....."And what time did you come to bed last night?" "Oh, not long after you" :eek:hnoyoudidnt "BULLSH!T That f****** Michael Jackson, if I ever meet him I'm gonna knock his block off" :8-26-03ranting: LMAO! JK JK -- My other half doesn't say that, but I KNOW that's what he's thinking! :lol :lol

Janie hun, just pop in when you can, okay? As Carla has already mentioned, we're all fairly busy these days and aren't here as often as we used to be! We all just pop in now and again to let everyone know we haven't fallen off the face of the earth...............:thumbsup

Take Extra Care! :wub:

Mysti!

HeavenSent

:lol

If I was bullying the girl, I wish she'd go on refresh my memory because I don't ever remember doing something against her that'd make her remember my name like that she did, lol... The moment I saw her mention 'HeavenSent' you know I double looked. First thing I thought was, "What?" then, "And you are?..."

I hate not having anything to go off of---Seriously. I mean, if I knew what I did, maybe I could at least own up to it!