O2 concerts Rescheduled!

luisamj

Due to the sheer magnitude of the “This Is It” concerts at The O2 arena promoters and producers AEG Live and Kenny Ortega, Michael’s directorial partner and creative collaborator have elected to move back a few of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a massive and technically complex show.

Organisers are determined that all Michael’s legions of fans attending the opening nights get to experience the same high quality staging that is planned for all of the spectacular shows. Only the four shows listed here are affected:

8th July will take place on 13th July 2009
10th July will be moved to 1st March 2010
12th July will be moved to 3rd March 2010
14th July will be moved to 6th March 2010
Randy Phillips, President and CEO, AEG Live added, “Kenny and Michael are, at the same time, both creative pioneers and perfectionists. This show has grown in size and scope, thereby, necessitating more lead time for manufacture of the set, programming the content for the massive video elements, and, most importantly, more time for full production and dress rehearsals in the world’s busiest arena, the O2. As much as we agonized over this change in the original schedule, we are sure the fans will understand when they experience the level of entertainment Michael Jackson intends to deliver while also ensuring the safety of the musicians, cast and crew and the crisp execution of the production. It is AEG Live’s sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Can I have a refund or exchange my tickets?
A: AEG Live stressed that anybody who cannot make the rescheduled dates for any reason will get a full refund of the ticket and booking fee. Customers who booked with Ticketmaster via Ticketmaster.co.uk or call centre will be contacted directly and offered an exchange to the new shows or a refund.

Q: I purchased my tickets at a Ticketmaster Ticket Centre. How do I obtain a refund?
A: If your booking was made in person at a Ticketmaster Ticket Centre or The O2 arena box office, please return to the original location where you purchased your tickets and ensure you take all the tickets plus the till receipt with you.

Q: I will attend the new rescheduled event date. Is my ticket location still valid?
A: You will have the same seat originally purchased.

Q: I purchased my tickets from Viagogo. How do I obtain a refund?
A: Any ticket holder that has purchased tickets from Viagogo will receive details of its policy directly from Viagogo.

Q: How can I speak to someone at Ticketmaster regarding my order?
A: Please call Ticketmaster’s Customer Support Team on 0844 277 9982. The lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 8.00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am to 4.00pm. International Customers please call +44 (0)161 385 2111.

Q: My event date is affected. Will my ticket have the newly rescheduled date on it?
A: Fans that are able to attend the rescheduled dates will be issued tickets with the new date printed on it.

Q: When will I receive my tickets?
A: Tickets may not be dispatched until closer to the event. Ticketmaster aims to dispatch tickets as soon as possible. We are not able to be specific with exact dates of dispatch. Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive.

If your tickets have not arrived five days before the show or, if you are traveling, five days before you leave, please contact Ticketmaster directly using the "Ask a Question" facility at Ticketmaster. Please include your reference number and the name and postcode the booking is under. Ticketmaster only posts tickets to the billing address of a credit card. If the address in your booking does not correspond to that held by your credit card company, we may cancel your tickets.

Q: My travel plans have been disrupted. Will I be compensated for loss transportation bookings and hotel?
A: We understand the inconvenience this may have caused and for this reason we have secured some excellent hotel deals for Michael Jackson fans travelling to London on these rescheduled dates. Please contact our official travel package provider Thomsonexperience at customerservice@thomsonexperience.com or call on +44 (0)20 74621563 for discounted deals on hotel beds in London. Quote 'Michael Jackson rescheduled dates' in order to claim the offer.

Q: Can tickets be sent to a different address?
A: Unfortunately, for security reasons Ticketmaster will only dispatch tickets to the billing address of the card used to pay for the tickets. This procedure is in place as credit/debit card fraud is on the increase with telephone and internet bookings and is there to protect the card holder. All policies relating to the collection of tickets is agreed between Ticketmaster and the venue/promoter to reduce incidence of credit/debit card fraud.

Q: How can I check the confirmation of my Ticketmaster booking?
A: You can check the details of your booking by:

Viewing “My Account” on line* at Ticketmaster
By calling the Ticketmaster 24hr order confirmation telephone line on 0870 242 4442
(*Please note this facility is only available for online bookings).

You will need your booking reference number or the credit card number used at the time of purchase.

Did we answer your question here? If not, please direct your inquiry to MichaelJackson@ticketmaster.co.uk.

Michael, who is directly involved with all aspects of the styling/choreography/band selection and rehearsals, is working around the clock to ensure this is the show to end all shows!

Kenny Ortega, Michael’s directorial partner and creative collaborator said, “After directing the Dangerous and HIStory tours, I know what the fans expect and myself and the team want to deliver a flawless production. We apologise to all disappointed Michael Jackson fans and remain extremely dedicated and focused on creating an exceptional live music experience.”

FULL LIST OF DATES:

13TH JULY 2009*
14TH JULY 2009
18TH JULY 2009
22ND JULY 2009
24TH JULY 2009
26TH JULY 2009
28TH JULY 2009
30TH JULY 2009
1ST AUGUST 2009
3RD AUGUST 2009
10TH AUGUST 2009
12TH AUGUST 2009
17TH AUGUST 2009
19TH AUGUST 2009
24TH AUGUST 2009
26TH AUGUST 2009
28TH AUGUST 2009
30TH AUGUST 2009
1ST SEPTEMBER 2009
3RD SEPTEMBER 2009
6TH SEPTEMBER 2009
8TH SEPTEMBER 2009
10TH SEPTEMBER 2009
21ST SEPTEMBER 2009
23RD SEPTEMBER 2009
27TH SEPTEMBER 2009
29TH SEPTEMBER 2009
7TH JANUARY 2010
9TH JANUARY 2010
12TH JANUARY 2010
14TH JANUARY 2010
16TH JANUARY 2010
18TH JANUARY 2010
23RD JANUARY 2010
25TH JANUARY 2010
27TH JANUARY 2010
29TH JANUARY 2010
1ST FEBRUARY 2010
3RD FEBRUARY 2010
8TH FEBRUARY 2010
10TH FEBRUARY 2010
12TH FEBRUARY 2010
16TH FEBRUARY 2010
18TH FEBRUARY 2010
20TH FEBRUARY 2010
22ND FEBRUARY 2010
24TH FEBRUARY 2010
1ST MARCH 2010*
3RD MARCH 2010*
6TH MARCH 2010*

* Rescheduled dates

Source: michaeljackson.com

Wow, I'm kind of glad my group didn't get tickets for the opening shows now. :unsure:I feel bad for the fans who did, though, especially if they already made flight reservations and such! :( That can get complicated...

Wow. I hope it all irons out. The scale of this tour has got to be huge.

Me, too. This is huge!

luisamj

I am really upset because I already bought travel tickets and they are non-refundable! So I lost my money! The sad part is that I don't have others to buy another travel ticket! I don't know what to do but I feel really bad right now!:(

HeavenSent

luisamj;210321 said:
I am really upset because I already bought travel tickets and they are non-refundable! So I lost my money! The sad part is that I don't have others to buy another travel ticket! I don't know what to do but I feel really bad right now!:(

Man, that's gotta suck. I'm sorry to hear that Luisa! I didn't even think about the traveling aspect of it. There isn't some clause with your airlines that covers for stuff like that? I know some do, but it's like insurance that you have to pay for before hand...

Shannon

This sucks, especially since I have tickets for July 14th and booked both flight and hotel. :( I leave during the evenings of 13th and 16th, so I can't change tickets either. So I guess I gotta travel to London AGAIN in March next year and do other things in July... A shame since I originally planned going to the US this summer, but postponed it because of the concert.

luisamj

Shannon;210330 said:
This sucks, especially since I have tickets for July 14th and booked both flight and hotel. :( I leave during the evenings of 13th and 16th, so I can't change tickets either. So I guess I gotta travel to London AGAIN in March next year and do other things in July... A shame since I originally planned going to the US this summer, but postponed it because of the concert.

This is really sad, I understand how you feel!

fern

i would like to know the REAL reason of this postpone...MJ didn't know how big the show will be ? or he starts preparing after the press conference ? and realize he won't be ready for the 8 th of july ? it seems each day they add something to this show it is NOT a good sign, better is the enemy of good... don't even talk about tabloids...and the fact that he is so often at doctor... i really hope he will be able to do all the concerts without cancelling one !:angry:

miss

So very non professional of Michael and his team.. ppl made flight reservations and booked hotels and lost their money.. this is an outrage and I'm really pissed at him..
:8-26-03ranting:

MJfan01'

miss;210346 said:
So very non professional of Michael and his team.. ppl made flight reservations and booked hotels and lost their money.. this is an outrage and I'm really pissed at him..
:8-26-03ranting:

He really should find a way to give the fans their money back in terms of reservations. Money doesn't grow on trees for most folks.

fern

i don't think he realize how bad this postpone is for his "image" it is really NON professional, unfortunately he hurts theses who support him the most : his fans, i'm totally desapointed those fans made him star he shouldn't forget that:angry:

LadyJackson

I think everyone needs to calm down here. None of us truly know the reason for the rescheduling and I am quite sure he is kind enough to give everyone their refunds or whatever. Or work something out for everyone to get the proper treatment due to the delay.

I believe after all these years he has shown himself to be a good natured human being and I cannot imagine him dissing his fans of this magnitude. Let's just be patient and wait things out. Calm down please.

HeavenSent

Michael forgetting his fans who made him a star? Really?

Yes, this sucks. But like Lady said, I really don't think Michael is in the business of intentionally hurting you. I feel for you all, but I wouldn't be so quick to condemn him and reduce him to a man who doesn't carry compassion. We don't know how this will be reconciled and I can only hope that everyone walks away with a sense that he tried the best he could.

As someone who won't be going, maybe I'm not feeling as emotional about this. But as a matter of speaking on experience, Sh*t happens. I've been out a thousand dollars and it is indeed a slap in the face. But nothing is guaranteed and you can only walk away with the lessons you DID learn.

P.S. Congrats Lady. March 2010 will be here before you know it!

Shannon

HeavenSent;210354 said:

Yes, this sucks. But like Lady said, I really don't think Michael is in the business of intentionally hurting you. I feel for you all, but I wouldn't be so quick to condemn him and reduce him to a man who doesn't carry compassion. We don't know how this will be reconciled and I can only hope that everyone walks away with a sense that he tried the best he could.

As someone who won't be going, maybe I'm not feeling as emotional about this. But as a matter of speaking on experience, Sh*t happens. I've been out a thousand dollars and it is indeed a slap in the face. But nothing is guaranteed and you can only walk away with the lessons you DID learn.

Well said, Carla.

HeavenSent;210354 said:

I tend to agree. While I totally feel for the people who lost out on this (as there is no denying that that would suck), I don't think Michael intentionally set out to, as you said, hurt them or doesn't care. I think he and the people behind this, for the most part, seem to at least be trying to find a way to include as many fans on this as possible. I know it sucks to have to wait so long when you originally had a ticket so recent, but as hard as it is, it could've been worse (could've been cancelled altogether). Plus, what would've happen if he, God forbid, had fallen ill or some other complication like that did arise, as is --let's face it--always a risk when you've paid and scheduled to attend an event based around another human being? So yeah, it sucks and I do realize I'm probably not in the best position to speak on this (as my date thus far, at least, has not been affected..but hey, it could've!) and I am not saying this to somehow gloat or appear insensitive. I guess I can just see both sides here..

That said, I really hope you all can either get all or as much as possible of your travelling money back or plans re-arranged without too much more cost, as it was not your fault, either. Good luck! :)

This sucks, especially since I have tickets for July 14th and booked both flight and hotel. I leave during the evenings of 13th and 16th, so I can't change tickets either. So I guess I gotta travel to London AGAIN in March next year and do other things in July... A shame since I originally planned going to the US this summer, but postponed it because of the concert.

Veronica, are you sure there's not a way where you could use the tickets for different dates, maybe still keep them (if they won't give you your money back), but use them when you go in March? I'm not sure which airline you're using, but I know most of the ones I've dealt with in the past let you do that if they are non-refundable? It'll probably cost you some extra, but would probably be better than having to buy whole new ones for March? It might be worth your while to at least check with them about that, so you won't have to make a wasted trip. :) Also, I'm not sure how it works over there (though when Evalie and I were in Japan, it was pretty much the same thing, so I don't imagine it being much different there in Europe? lol), but usually you can cancel a hotel reservation if you notify them like 48 or sometimes even 24 hrs ahead of time?

Anyway, I hope you can get it all straightened out and again, I'm so sorry this happened to you. :( Hope you can still make it out in March! :8-26-03fruits_apple

miss

Oh Pah- lese!!

The O2 arena managers knew perfectly well they are screwing ppl
And I'm sure Michael is aware of that too
It's very irresponsible of him to do such a thing..
I'm sure the fans would love and be happy with any kind of performance even if it was accoustic.
There are about 100,000 ppl who got screwed from what they did..
Michael apparantly doesn't realize not all ppl sh*t money like he does
And not only that, but manage their time and vacation.. this is outragous

Shannon

InspirationMoonwalks;210374 said:
Veronica, are you sure there's not a way where you could use the tickets for different dates, maybe still keep them (if they won't give you your money back), but use them when you go in March? I'm not sure which airline you're using, but I know most of the ones I've dealt with in the past let you do that if they are non-refundable? It'll probably cost you some extra, but would probably be better than having to buy whole new ones for March? It might be worth your while to at least check with them about that, so you won't have to make a wasted trip. :) Also, I'm not sure how it works over there (though when Evalie and I were in Japan, it was pretty much the same thing, so I don't imagine it being much different there in Europe? lol), but usually you can cancel a hotel reservation if you notify them like 48 or sometimes even 24 hrs ahead of time?

Anyway, I hope you can get it all straightened out and again, I'm so sorry this happened to you. :( Hope you can still make it out in March! :8-26-03fruits_apple

I haven't checked it out completely, yet, but I have decided I will go anyway as I am going with my friend as well. It has also turned up an opportunity which means I MIGHT go back to London again one week after I've returned back home, together with another friend to attend a concert later in July. Will be pretty stressful, but we shall see... :p I have to say though that I was far less affected than many others who spent all their savings on this, that must definitely suck. :( Hopefully they'll work it out somehow. :)

Shannon

miss;210443 said:
I'm sure the fans would love and be happy with any kind of performance even if it was accoustic.

Trust me, if they did, fans would've complained about not getting the same as others. Not fair.